tv screen in fto!!!

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO2sxy
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

tv screen in fto!!!

Post by FTO2sxy »

hey everyone ive just put a new kenwood in dash tv in my fto, when the car is off the tv is perfect, when i put the car on there isalot of interference coming through(waivy lines up and down). has anyone else had the same problem????

what can i do???
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Get an audio filter, those waivy line are usually cause by engine noise, or bad earth wiring. Hope is not bad earth wiring, cause it can cause all sort of problem.

Or the only other things i can think of is the setting of TV, if you have the multiscan u need to set it to PAL.
Deeps
Grease Monkey

Post by Deeps »

I also think its faulty earth or it could be that the power cable for the tv is running close to another wire in the car and is causing interference. If it's your earth, get it checked out coz that can cause damage to your tv.
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Have you got a power inverter in your car? If you do, it is most likely caused by the inverter. The inverter I have in my car that runs my PS2 interfers with my screen. The way to resolve it, is try and move the inverter as far away from the screen as possible