Group Buy: HID xenon conversion kits ** ROUND 2 **

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

khunjeng
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by khunjeng »

payment send today.
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

khunjeng wrote:payment send today.
cool thanks mate...
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

Im thinking about starting another group buy for ppl that missed out last time…
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

johhny wrote:Im thinking about starting another group buy for ppl that missed out last time…
send mine first and I will install them and give some feedback...

it seems no1 has installed them yet.
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

OK guys, looks like I'm first.

These lights are one of the easiest upgrades I have installed on my FTO.
So easy there are not many pictures I could take during the install. The hardest thing was deciding where to put the ballast (Heaps of room in the FTO engine bay! LOL)

Hardware per side:
http://pichotel.com/pic/1313BODta/73547.jpg

I finally decided to mount the ballast on the inside of the lamp housing with double sided tape. Make sure it's clean and use good quality double sided tape. Just remember to attach the plug to the bottom of the ballast first:
http://pichotel.com/pic/1313BODta/73551.jpg

Plugs are relatively idiot proof and have rubber seals inside of them. The plug on the right in this photo connects to the original plug socket (ie the one on the original bulb). Just watch the polarity when connecting this one.
http://pichotel.com/pic/1313BODta/73549.jpg

The mounting for the globe doesn't have that awkward right angle plug thing, so more room for running your CAI piping, yay.
http://pichotel.com/pic/1313BODta/73553.jpg

The wiring tucks away fairly easily under the lamp unit, leaving a fairly neat appearance:
http://pichotel.com/pic/1313BODta/73554.jpg
http://pichotel.com/pic/1313BODta/73555.jpg

All systems go! Mine is the 8000k model. The first photos are the best indicator of actual colour. Now, how to match up the colour of the park lights...
http://pichotel.com/pic/1313BODta/73558.jpg
http://pichotel.com/pic/1313BODta/73561.jpg
http://pichotel.com/pic/1313BODta/73560.jpg

All up this took an hour to install, but most of that time was fidgeting around trying the ballast in various positions. Seriously this is a half hour job if you install the way I did.

I'll try and get some pics with the HID running on 1 side and the standard globes on the other for comparison. I had Philips BlueVision globes (which are crap compared to this) installed before, so the comparison won't be as good as some others may be able to show, but should give an idea as to how much brighter these are over Halogens. HUGE improvement.

Thanks Johhny for hooking up the GB. Happy customer over here.

Hmmm. No direct link to the pics? Can anyone tell the noobie what I did wrong?
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

TCGPX wrote:OK guys, looks like I'm first.

These lights are one of the easiest upgrades I have installed on my FTO.
So easy there are not many pictures I could take during the install. The hardest thing was deciding where to put the ballast (Heaps of room in the FTO engine bay! LOL)

Hardware per side:

I finally decided to mount the ballast on the inside of the lamp housing with double sided tape. Make sure it's clean and use good quality double sided tape. Just remember to attach the plug to the bottom of the ballast first:

Plugs are relatively idiot proof and have rubber seals inside of them. The plug on the right in this photo connects to the original plug socket (ie the one on the original bulb). Just watch the polarity when connecting this one.

The mounting for the globe doesn't have that awkward right angle plug thing, so more room for running your CAI piping, yay.

The wiring tucks away fairly easily under the lamp unit, leaving a fairly neat appearance:

All systems go! Mine is the 8000k model. The first photos are the best indicator of actual colour. Now, how to match up the colour of the park lights...

All up this took an hour to install, but most of that time was fidgeting around trying the ballast in various positions. Seriously this is a half hour job if you install the way I did.

I'll try and get some pics with the HID running on 1 side and the standard globes on the other for comparison. I had Philips BlueVision globes (which are crap compared to this) installed before, so the comparison won't be as good as some others may be able to show, but should give an idea as to how much brighter these are over Halogens. HUGE improvement.

Thanks Johhny for hooking up the GB. Happy customer over here.

Hmmm. No direct link to the pics? Can anyone tell the noobie what I did wrong?
is this what u mean by direct link to the pics?
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

Yea mate, did it once ages ago, couldn't get it to work right this time. What did you do there?
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

looks great....
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

TCGPX wrote:Yea mate, did it once ages ago, couldn't get it to work right this time. What did you do there?
just added (img) infront of your urls and (/img) after your urls. where the ()s are []s.

or u can click on the Img button just before u want to type the url of the pic and then click on the *Img button after u typed the url(the Img button will turn into *Img when there's an open image tag).

hmm... did that last bit just make this whole thing sound more complicated than it actually it? o_0' oh well typed it now lol

just stick with the first sentence i typed and ignore the rest :oops:

edit: oh and it helps to preview your posts if u r going to be adding in pics and stuff, so u can pick up if u did anything stupid (i.e. leave a tag open or something)
kiz wrote:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Great pics, you wouldn't happen to take any pics of shinning on to the road before and after? If not, then i guess you can always take one that is just shinning on the road.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

I can't wait to put em in, and yea I can vouch for John, he's a decent guy and he's my friend's close mate. He even called me to ask if I had put it in and if I have any probs all I need to do is call him and he'll help me out!

And thanks once again for setting up this group buy :wink:
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
JahjaMan
Apprentice

Post by JahjaMan »

sorry, just a quick q

are these suitable for fto's that have discharge headlights, and not the projector?
or are they the same thing..
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

JahjaMan wrote:sorry, just a quick q

are these suitable for fto's that have discharge headlights, and not the projector?
as long as the bulbs are same than is should be fine.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

What you try to do? As far as i know all FTO have projector style low beam, are you try to install it for you high beam or fog lights?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
JahjaMan
Apprentice

Post by JahjaMan »

FTO338 wrote:

What you try to do? As far as i know all FTO have projector style low beam, are you try to install it for you high beam or fog lights?
wel, apparently on this british site, GPvR's have discharge headlights.
not sure what that means though

http://www.mitsubishi-fto.org/info/gpvr.htm
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

I installed the HIDs last night,
Looks brighter, havent taken it out on the road yet.
but there is this high pitch noise coming of from both ballasts all the time.
Why?

Also, someone was talking about proper initial set up of the lights, like it has to be turned on for a while to get the correct colour? Make sense?
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

mxysxy wrote:I installed the HIDs last night,
Looks brighter, havent taken it out on the road yet.
but there is this high pitch noise coming of from both ballasts all the time.
Why?

Also, someone was talking about proper initial set up of the lights, like it has to be turned on for a while to get the correct colour? Make sense?
wasnt there something on the instruction manual about 'noises' coming from the ballasts? could be wrong, thought it said to listen for noises, meaning in correct set up.
alku83
Grease Monkey

Post by alku83 »

johhny wrote:Im thinking about starting another group buy for ppl that missed out last time…
You still thinking about this? I'd be very keen...
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

yea me too
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

hell y not i'm in, centrelik forms came in the post with seat covers, now i've got the speeding fine taken care of (your tax dollars are hard at work paying my speeding fine off lol).

if u do this group buy soon-ish (early nov i should be able to squeeze some dosh out to pay for it ;))
kiz wrote: