Group Buy: HID xenon conversion kits ** ROUND 2 **

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

kay_8
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by kay_8 »

hello is this still on, if it is i like in.
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

kay_8 wrote:hello is this still on, if it is i like in.
yeah sure.
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

*shue .....pending reply
*Wi11iam (6000K) ....... pending reply
*apz-312 (6000K, 9006/HB4)
*bobz (4300K,9006/HB4)
*mxysxy (6000k,9006/HB4) - Deposit paid
*lawrencetlc (6000K,9006/HB4)
*khunjeng (6000K,9006/HB4) - Deposit paid
*chelly (6000K) ....... pending reply
*sublime19 (6000K/HB4)
*EURO (6000k)
*bigpitty1 (6000k/HB4) - Deposit paid
*dannyboyau (8000K/HB4)
*kay_8
Last edited by johhny on Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
lawrencetlc
Grease Monkey

Post by lawrencetlc »

sorry just have a question here...

one of my friends who is driving a subaru wrx asked me not to buy a cheap HID lights because he has bought a pair for himself and it burnt after a while later. When I ask him how much is consider cheap and how much is consider expensive, he said the 200 bucks one are cheap and the price can go up to 1000.

I told him that we have a one-year warranty (do we?) for the bulb but he said things are never that easy. He said it is hard to get a replacement and involves many procedures, especially if we are importing the bulbs from overseas...

so... i wonder how are we going to respond to this kinda question and also what can we do and what will be done if the HID bulbs are burnt?

thanks..
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

lawrencetlc wrote:sorry just have a question here...

one of my friends who is driving a subaru wrx asked me not to buy a cheap HID lights because he has bought a pair for himself and it burnt after a while later. When I ask him how much is consider cheap and how much is consider expensive, he said the 200 bucks one are cheap and the price can go up to 1000.

I told him that we have a one-year warranty (do we?) for the bulb but he said things are never that easy. He said it is hard to get a replacement and involves many procedures, especially if we are importing the bulbs from overseas...

so... i wonder how are we going to respond to this kinda question and also what can we do and what will be done if the HID bulbs are burnt?

thanks..

I don’t think there is a substantial trade off in between price and quality in this case, maybe its just a way of thinking, if I said today it was $600 per set will you have a different opinion ....well.... I don’t deny that $1000 might have better quality than $200 ones... however I don’t think the quality difference worth $800 what do u think?

I’m not here to rip people off and for $230-240 per set ill be lucky to get $10 per set out of it, because I had good feed back from my friends and I have them on my own car, I think it’s a good product for it’s price.

Yes it has one year replacement warranty, but if the bulbs do blow after a year you can just replace it, all HID blubs are the same which is 35W.

At the end of the day it’s up to you to decide but I had it on my car for 4-5 month now and I haven’t had a problem in rain hail or shine.
efteoh
Grease Monkey

Post by efteoh »

can i get a set of HB3 4300K
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Josh, i take thats for your new ride hey, haven't seen you around for a while. Still got the FTO?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
efteoh
Grease Monkey

Post by efteoh »

haha, damn your fast! yeah. once you go HIDS its hard going back! same thing with turbos unfortunatly.
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

*shue .....pending reply
*Wi11iam (6000K) ....... pending reply
*apz-312 (6000K, 9006/HB4)
*bobz (4300K,9006/HB4)
*mxysxy (6000k,9006/HB4) - Deposit paid
*lawrencetlc (6000K,9006/HB4)
*khunjeng (6000K,9006/HB4) - Deposit paid
*chelly (6000K) ....... pending reply
*sublime19 (6000K/HB4)
*EURO (6000k)
*bigpitty1 (6000k/HB4) - Deposit paid
*dannyboyau (8000K/HB4)
*kay_8
*efteo (4300K/HB3)
efteoh
Grease Monkey

Post by efteoh »

sweet, so when does this go ahead?
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

efteoh wrote:sweet, so when does this go ahead?
should be soon, still trying to get the numbers together
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Johnny, how many spare bulbs do you have or can confirm that they are easily readily available? As most people are not aware, once the bulb is burn or die, you can't just go and pick one up from anywhere, you have to use the same brand which is going to be a real hassle if they are not readily available.

And can you confirm what are the replacement bulbs cost including shipping....etc. I know average is around $250 each.

I just want all the members whos getting these HID are aware of the "running" cost. Don't want another "jay" happen here, which then all hell break lose and the committe's PM will be flooded with complaints.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

FTO338 wrote:Johnny, how many spare bulbs do you have or can confirm that they are easily readily available? As most people are not aware, once the bulb is burn or die, you can't just go and pick one up from anywhere, you have to use the same brand which is going to be a real hassle if they are not readily available.

And can you confirm what are the replacement bulbs cost including shipping....etc. I know average is around $250 each.

I just want all the members whos getting these HID are aware of the "running" cost. Don't want another "jay" happen here, which then all hell break lose and the committe's PM will be flooded with complaints.
I will get back to you on that one, i will try to get everyone a spear set of bulbs with there HIDs.

BTW whats jay
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

efteoh wrote:haha, damn your fast! yeah. once you go HIDS its hard going back! same thing with turbos unfortunatly.
Mil told me mate, so i know what you got, need to catch up soon :wink:

Well funny though, my current ride had normal Halogen bulbs, but they are bright as the HID i had on my FTO. And i think is because FTO projector light unit is really sux. I'm sure most members would agree to that. If you don't have HID on your FTO, you bascially blind at night.
lawrencetlc
Grease Monkey

Post by lawrencetlc »

what's meant by the "running cost"??

i have read many websites about HID and many of them said that although HID bulbs are more expensive than halogen bulbs, but their life is 10 times of halogen bulbs and some even say that you'll never get a HID bulb replaced because its the normal lifespan of a car...

so... if the bulb is going to blow out in two or three years' time, i will have to re-consider...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

johhny wrote: BTW whats jay
That was part of the username who organized the ultimate "groupbuy fu*kup" :?
lawrencetlc
Grease Monkey

Post by lawrencetlc »

having said that... i really like the brightness and colour of HID... think that all car manufacturers should stop using halogen and use HID since it is so bright :idea:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

lawrencetlc wrote:having said that... i really like the brightness and colour of HID... think that all car manufacturers should stop using halogen and use HID since it is so bright
There is a problem with HID, which won't effect FTO, but mainly luxury cars, according to most manufacturer, HID can not be turn on and off constantly, you need to wait at least 15mins in between switching it on and off.

Why this will affect luxury cars? Because most luxury car have auto headlights and self adjust system. Which mean it will turn on by itself if the sensor doesn’t pick up enough surrounding lights.

So if you drive under a bridge that is at least have a shadow area of 15-20 meter, the lights will turn on, and then off after you exit the shadow area. If your daily driving involves series of bridges like that, your HID will be gone with in 6mths. :?

Lots of people aren't aware of this 15mins rules and like to show off to their mate with their newly installed HID, turning it on then off, then on and then off again, and next thing you know, bulbs is gone within few months.
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

lawrencetlc wrote:what's meant by the "running cost"??

i have read many websites about HID and many of them said that although HID bulbs are more expensive than halogen bulbs, but their life is 10 times of halogen bulbs and some even say that you'll never get a HID bulb replaced because its the normal lifespan of a car...

so... if the bulb is going to blow out in two or three years' time, i will have to re-consider...
yeah... HID use less power and lasts longer...
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

FTO338 wrote: If you don't have HID on your FTO, you bascially blind at night.
Second that,
Even with Narva +%30 highbeam into lowbeam upgrade, still not bright