Cruise on 7/12/2003 out west then down south to kiama

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

GPXXX
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by GPXXX »

...but 5 mins later we all pulled up at traffic lights and he got out of his car, and abused...
a baseball bat would been handy, hehehehe... j/k! :D

good to see everybody kept their composure...

nb: and yes FTO Aust does not condone such behaviour!
Craig
Apprentice

Post by Craig »

Hey all... did'nt get to meet everyone.. maybe next time

AS for me FTO.... well the Fan belt for the powersteering ect had a piece of it fray off..... which then in turn wrapped around the Crank Shaft sensor wires.... which in turn then sh*t itself...
So spent 2hours waiting for a car trailer.... finally turned up... and the width was slightly too small....so had to bend some two small rails... then it fit... just.... got back around..... 4pm...
so i'm doing the 100,000km service abit early.....

Sounds like i missed out on a laugh about the commodore driver... he sounds highly educated with an even temper... did he happen to have Truck running lights along the side, Truck mudflaps and Aerials that can communicate with NASA?....... with a bundy Rum sticker on it??.......

Anyways sounds like u guys had a good time...and i'll be along to the next one... i have a few pics taken before i went out... i'll see if i can maybe post them?
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

craig: sucks about the crank angle sensor. sorry we couldn't fix it on the road side but i can't fit a hoist into the boot of my car. :(

GAV: i got past him ;) while almost hiting the speed limiter he was a little annoyed when Rob went past him so kept speeding up, but it was all over at 140 when he backed off alittle flew past him around the 160-170 mark.

favourite bits was definately macquarie pass, climbing all over the back of robs car yelling. Come on get past that ute you can do it rob, and watching Rob push / climb all over the poor ute down the hill.

National park as always is one of my favourite drives but with my suspension needing work was a little bit tough to drive.

GAV's brakes... i haven't seen brakes smoke like that in ages!!! and we weren't even pushing it that hard!

I'd like to thank the car that pulled over and let us all pass on that nice country road.

the BOO HISSSS awards goto the barina that didn't pull over, and our dunnydoor driver who thought he'd be able to keep up or stop us from passing him.

the Thank God award goes to the defect police for not pulling in a group of FTO's.

most of all thanks to everyone for coming, and being sensible at higher speeds. Great to see you all worked out your places in the line so you weren't holding up anyone. Not to mention keeping sensible spacing between cars and no one having an accident.

pictures will be up soon. I'm going to finish the Gallery tonight with any luck.

hey bob: who would have been in trouble with the cop??? i was of course abiding by the speed limits ;) hahahaha
Craig
Apprentice

Post by Craig »

These things happen

But thanks for stopping and coming all that way back to help.. it was really appreciated
Thanks guys
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Hummmmm!! either I was asleep at the wheel or the defect brigade was after we peeled off to go home via the Hume..... :roll: Where exactly were they? They must have been in a good mood not to pull the FTO's in especially with all the pod filters around... I forgot to mention the "Holy S%$t" episode - driving the country road that was like a rollercoaster and flying up to the crest of the hill and eye to eye with a 4wd coming the other way! Sheeeeeeeeeettt!!!!!!!!! Adrenalin pumping stuff :lol: :lol:
Teh Ban Queen!
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

its was in the gong after you left us to go the more direct route home.

i think the only reason they didn't grab us is that they were pretty busy at the time with a whole lot of other cars.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Craig wrote:These things happen

But thanks for stopping and coming all that way back to help.. it was really appreciated
Thanks guys
no worries mate couldn't leave you out at hte tenessee apple place all on your own.

btw who's doing the repairs for you?
kaveman
Grease Monkey

Post by kaveman »

i would like to thank everyone who can along and glad that everyone enjoyed them self

and the way everyone was behaved

i enjoyed myself too

and yes i will be running more of the same next year, but i think there will be a limit of how many 6-8 was a good number as we could all stay together fairly easy

once again thank you everyone

rob c
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

what rob means is that although we don't want to have a hard limit on the number of cars. if we had 20 cars on sunday the cruise would have not flowed as well.

but as i don't think there are that many that want to get up at 7am on a sunday we won't have too many problems. the Lazy ones however missed out on a great day.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

so how many cars were there in total?

can't believe how lucky you guys were with the cops defecting other cars and stuff...
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

Teania wrote::
- geez I need to do my car up more!!! I hate not being as fast as the rest (errrr.... in reaching the legal speed limit).
Tan
hey...thats no excuse...im a stocker also :P

i must say...its days like yesterday which make you think 'i couldnt have got a better car if i tried' :)

SilentBob
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Well we started with a total of 8 cars, but unfortunately ended up with 7.
Teh Ban Queen!
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

SilentBob wrote: i must say...its days like yesterday which make you think 'i couldnt have got a better car if i tried' :)

SilentBob

Lower the car (maybe new uprated shocks)
Strut Braces

and you'll wonder how you drove the FTO so fast in stock condition round those corners

add
exahust
intake

and you'll love it even more ;)

BTW the curse has been broken offically. no one behind GAV had an accident.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............... GO GAV GO GAV
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

smorison wrote:
SilentBob wrote: i must say...its days like yesterday which make you think 'i couldnt have got a better car if i tried' :)

SilentBob

Lower the car (maybe new uprated shocks)
Strut Braces

and you'll wonder how you drove the FTO so fast in stock condition round those corners

add
exahust
intake

and you'll love it even more ;)

well once you get those sway bars, exhaust and intake finished ill be mostly through that list ;)

But hey...i dont think i peformed to badly...i dont recall gav pulling away at any stage even up to the speed limiter area....
and the one opportunity i got to give you a run at a set of lights you didnt even try... :P

SilentBob
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

hehe, i was taken it easy, you did keep up well though, i was really worried of my brakes giving up, also i was extremly low on petrol (only put $30 in) so i was accelerating out of corners in 3rd gear instead of seccond. if you wanna go at a set of traffic lights rev it ! otherwise i have nfi that u want me to blow u off :P
Craig
Apprentice

Post by Craig »

Thanks Again guys... Sounds like i missed a great day!
I felt sorta guilty cos i held you guys up on such a long cruise...

Smorison
I'm thinking about getting the cam belt from New Zealand mitsubishi?
I'm doing the belts with my old man.. but if anyone has some suggestions of a place that'll reset the Tappets that'll be very helpful...
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Hey G_A_V, I noticed when you passed me on the cruise that the drivers side mirror was missing some silver. I had the same problem and it p'd me off no end. I have a quick fix if you're interested. Take an outline drawing of inside the mirror surround, take this to a glass place and get them to cut a piece of mirror to fit. Fix the new piece straight over the old one with silastic and voile - new mirror for $10. Just a suggestion if it bugs you.. 8O 8O
Teh Ban Queen!
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Craig wrote:I'm thinking about getting the cam belt from New Zealand mitsubishi?
I'm doing the belts with my old man.. but if anyone has some suggestions of a place that'll reset the Tappets that'll be very helpful...

Craig we can get them here for less than 200.00 you'll pay a lot more than that for an original Timing belt.

the fan belts and all should be easy to find at any shop like supercheap.

Tappets aren't the easiest to adjust but your dad should know how.

oh don't feel guilty, these things happen from time to time and there's nothing we can do about it. We were only 15 minutes up the road when we finaly managed to find a place to stop so it's alright.

you going to come for the cruise on the 21st? this be more of a social event i think you'll find
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

thanks a lot kazbah its been bugging me fore ages, and i havent got aorund to fixing it
Austin
Apprentice

Post by Austin »

smorison wrote: BTW the curse has been broken offically. no one behind GAV had an accident.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............... GO GAV GO GAV

So its Gav's fault i wrote of my FTO?! 8O

Gav, you will be hearing from my solictors! :P JK

Brent