Cruise on 7/12/2003 out west then down south to kiama

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Redboost
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Redboost »

Kaveman,

Not putting you down dude, just making a suggestion cause it seems the number of participants for this cruise is considerably less compared to the turnout for the BBQ. Just saying that perhaps its a bit early and out of the way for some. Appreciate the fact that you are going to the effort man, just wondering why there's less interest in it thats all. Coolies? 8)
"If you aren't remembered, then you never really existed"
kaveman
Grease Monkey

Post by kaveman »

yes thats the same as last years bbq we had 24+ cars but only ever saw max of 6-10 on any other cruise's

i think the bbq is that one thing that most will make it to

ps i will be running more cruise next year, so i hope one of these falls into your liking
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:lol: GB & I are still keen for the Kiama cruise. It's actually a pretty cool drive!!
:P
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

Hey kaveman,

Loosen up man~~
I don't know why you are getting so uptight about this..

All I said was that I don't think the distance is quite right for my liking. that's all.. We all know that the cruises are personal choices and what ever you like is what ever you like. You don't have to sound like you are attacking some one just cause they sounded like they didn't like your taste Man!!

Just for your information I am currently organising a little local cruise for the people that live up north!
And yes I have organised many meetings and day outs as well and I know what you are going through and just in case you didn't realise I was trying my best to sound as polite as possible mate!
But if you are going to bite our head off just cause we said some thing then that's fine by me!

I never criticised your likings so I don't think you should either!

Thanks!
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

i sense a communication problem, just chill out guys.

some people like long cruises where they actually enjoy long winding roads without the traffic, some want a shorter cruise because they wanna actually spend some time chatting and getting close to the other guys.. to each their own, if you like this cruise then join it - thats simple.

dont take each others comments too seriously, i think kaveman has a good point, he's running this cruise and he has set out the plans, instead of complaining about it, run your own cruise!

there will be chances to organise/join other cruises so just wait for the right one for you, or organise one yourself :D, this makes sense to me, i hope it makes sense to everyone else :wink:
Craig
Apprentice

Post by Craig »

hey matey

I'm still keen for the cruise to kiama more then a cruise to palm beach been there done that too many times..... plus the traffic and that sucks.. and before i know it i'm sick of driving and wanna leave... But it's still a good drive from time to time....

I enjoy long drives... not long ago i took a drive to nowra through Kangaroo valley... that was only about 2 and a half hour drive from penrith.... awesome drive through the valley...

So count me in still for sure... might have a few mates come along... WRX and an MR2GT... if thats cool?
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

I think ill be attending...just depends on the working situation(wether i can afford to call in a sickie ;) )

What kind of time frame you think the cruise will run till? (being from newcastle, the +2hrs at least either way ive got to factor in)

SilentBob
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

G1 wrote:i sense a communication problem, just chill out guys.

some people like long cruises where they actually enjoy long winding roads without the traffic, some want a shorter cruise because they wanna actually spend some time chatting and getting close to the other guys.. to each their own, if you like this cruise then join it - thats simple.

dont take each others comments too seriously, i think kaveman has a good point, he's running this cruise and he has set out the plans, instead of complaining about it, run your own cruise!

there will be chances to organise/join other cruises so just wait for the right one for you, or organise one yourself :D, this makes sense to me, i hope it makes sense to everyone else :wink:

Hey G1 this reminds me of that dummy spit that Rocco had at me when I mentioned his "Mamma"..... :) damn that stired up some sh*t didn't it....:) thinking ppl's need to stress less and drive more

Robb...
kaveman
Grease Monkey

Post by kaveman »

hey silentbob

i guess we wil get back up to waterfall 5 pm at earlist (this would be a very long day for you)

if you can wait the next one i run we will come up your way

and hey guy's im not stressed, but if i posted on everyone post when i didn't agree with or had a different opinion i would be sitting here on the pc 24/7 and i would most likely be on the wanted list

and please don't anyone post a rely to this,

everythings cool
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Robb wrote: Hey G1 this reminds me of that dummy spit that Rocco had at me when I mentioned his "Mamma"..... :) damn that stired up some sh*t didn't it....:) thinking ppl's need to stress less and drive more

Robb...

hahaha now that brings back memories. rocco and his "sssssssuuuuupa fto" what a wanker...
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Hehehe.... yeah he should just call himself ~Rocco 'I can beat a soupt up serie 6 RX7 with my FTO' [insert his last name]~

Okkies getting a little silly now....:)

Robb...
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

not to mention that his turbo'd fto was his weekend car and he had a R34 GTR as his daily driver (or was it the other way around???)

i still think he never wasn't even old enough to be on his L's
IND38T
Apprentice

Post by IND38T »

hey guys im down for the cruise ! should be good!
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

excellent...

my mobile is 0416 224669 if you have any problems getting there give me a call.
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

Well that was a fun day wasnt it :)
home at last, about 14 hours after i left it

highlights:
-gav's brakes on fire *chuckles*
-spirited driving
-2 kids ridding a mower along the sidewalk

near misses
-MR COMMODORE..... ;) enough said
-driving past cops doing random defect checks...close one for some
-one cop car which if minutes earlier would have resulted in 2 of us being in LOTS of trouble ;)

Downsides
-i got a bit sunburnt which is hard is gonna be fun to explain as i called in sick and have to work tommorow :oops:

Thanks to Kaveman for organising the day

SilentBob
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Hey SilentBob you beat me to the post.

My personal highlight - Macquarie Pass and I was sure it was my brakes that were on fire until I reached the bottom :lol:

Watching hubbys face as I traversed the bends in Macquarie Pass (priceless!) He kept trying to hit the brakes - in the passenger side of the car!

Overtaking the wannabe FTO (XR6) at God only knows what speed (under the speed limit of course as anything else would be illegal!)

Absolutely the Commodore incident!

And the kids who yelled out "Wow look at all the Supras"

Oh and I know everyone has heard of the "Pope-Mobile" well after the stop at Kiama I now drive the "Poop-Mobile"

It was great meeting some members of the club and putting faces to names - Thanks Kaveman for a well thought out cruise that was both challenging and enjoyable... :wink: :wink:
Teh Ban Queen!
airbornespanner
Apprentice

Post by airbornespanner »

Well what can I say, had a great time as the "mature couple" on the cruise, Sorry kazbah to beat you there !!!!!! but you are still spring chiken's :D , :lol: but we were allways at the rear smelling all of the burning brake's.

Thanks guy's my wife no longer see's me as a lead foot as I could'nt keep up with you !!!!!! (still my brakes were not smok'n at the bottom of Macquarie Pass :lol:

Looks like I gotta get the mod exhaust-pod filter -possibly turbo!!!!!!!! still had a great time thanks for organising it.

Hope you all got the bird #@!%$$ off your cars ( gotta take the uzzy net time)
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

sounds like a great day out... some pics would be awesome!

and please, would some elaborate on the 'commodore' drama? :D
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

yeah it was a great day thanks a lot robb for organising it, you seem to know every scenic route :)
Oh the commadore drama was when we were going through a country town, there was guy in a commadore going just under the limit, and being a country road there was only one lane first (for legal reasons i will use pretend names which just seem to come off the top of my head, and in no way represent anyone in this group) rob screammed past him, then steve went to do the same thing but the guy put his foot down to ridiculas speeds so steve could not overtake at very quick (with an on comming car !!), then Gav came up to him, and he slammedo n the breaks hopeing i, i mean gav, would run up the back of him, and the commadore driver and his sister/wife/maybe both had their fingers up, Gav got a little run off and passed him with ease, and at this point he was furious flashing his high beams at everyone, then adam went to do the same thing, and he swirved at his tailbar trying to hit him off the road !! Im not sure what happened when the rest of the group got to him, but 5 mins later we all pulled up at traffic lights and he got out of his car, and abused gav (beeing the youngest and a p plat driver) for driving at those speeds and so everyone drove at 40kmh under the speed limit for a little while (with him stuck behind us), and thats about it.
Again I stress Rob,Steve,Gav,and Adam are just random names which popeed into my head when relaying this hyperthetical situation :) And Fto Australia does not endorse such behavour
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:oops: From another sunburnt "supra" soul......(supra's - what a pratt)

Cruise was awesome - geez I need to do my car up more!!! I hate not being as fast as the rest (errrr.... in reaching the legal speed limit).

Smoking brakes - that would have been my fav highlight of the day!!

Seeing familiar faces and a few new ones was great. Can't wait for the next one (cruise that is)

Tan