Hi all

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

barbieros
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Hi all

Post by barbieros »

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to become an FTO owner so i thought i'd have a look around, see what u guys do, and grab some info.

Cheers.

-Barbieros
dstocks
National Vice President

Welcome

Post by dstocks »

Welcome aboard. Where you from......
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    barbieros

Post by barbieros »

I'm from Melbourne, and i'm 19, so i'm looking around for some insurance before i get too excited about this car. This site's great people- heaps of great info.

Does anyone know a place called raw imports? I think i've found the car... 1995 silver GPX model, auto transmission, in excellent condition. low km Complianced (by Rawimports.com) including a full service. Comes with complete mechanical check including new tyres and RWC. In very good condition priced at $10,890drive away. Only thing is that its sitting on 97,000kms, so am i up for an expensive service?
    sublime19
    Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Yep your looking at about $1000 for the 100k service.
    Also, before you buy it, (since the price seems too cheap to me) get a state roads/nrma checkup, it'll cost about $180 and they'll bring their tools and whatever and do a full 2-3 hour checkup on the car and tell u if it's ever been in a crash, where it's been repainted etc and tell u what's working fine now and what might go wrong in the near future (if anything). they basically tell u every small details about the car and give u a full written report and tell u what they think about the car in the end.
    And if the car your buying is in good condition then i'm sure the company selling it won't have any problems with u getting the checkup.. if they dont want anybody to check it up.. then better not buy it.

i think if your serious about buying it then definately get a checkup, that $180 might just end up saving u hundreds, if not thousands of $$$ later on if anything does go wrong, always best to be sure.

good luck :)
    I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
    Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
    Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
    barbieros

Post by barbieros »

Thanks mate, i'll definitely do that.. just a soon as i can get insurance cheaper than the car itself. Once i get that sorted, i'll be well on the way.
    Bennoz
    National President

Post by Bennoz »

Hello mate, wttc :wink:
    sublime19
    Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

as for the insurance, look in the insurance section for listing of insurers who import younger drivers with imports.
    Don't even bother going to your normal everyday insurance companies that people go to, to get their family cars insure cos most of them won't insure it, or will charge u like 7 gran a year, on average (seeing as your in melbourne) i'm guessing u'll be looking at around $2500 per year, but this also depends on which subarb your car is in and whether or not its garaged.

i'm in sydney and its about the same for me
    I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
    Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
    Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
    FTO-101
    Grease Monkey

Post by FTO-101 »

WTTC mate have fun an shop around for the right fto theres heaps around so might as well wait a little longer and get the one you want like colour or if you want a sunroof, manual or auto and year model and km's also the condition of the car and i guarantee you'll love your FTO
    Tash-Lee

Post by Tash-Lee »

Try a company called TORQUE they work along side Lumley General, they may not do under 25s (the one in wa doesnt) but there is no harm in trying, great prices too my dad has 5 cars insured with them saved $1,500 a yr