RAW imports anyone heard of them?

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

barbieros
jedwabna poszewka promocja

RAW imports anyone heard of them?

Post by barbieros »

Hi guys (and girls if your out there),

I've found a pretty good fto gpx i reckon from a mob in rowville called raw performance imports and Hering Precision Engineering.

Just wondering if anyone knows of them?
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

hmm I think I have...do they have lots of skylines?

anyway why do you think its good? we may be able to help.
SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

khunjeng wrote:anyway why do you think its good?
from memory i think they have a silver 95 GPX for sale under $11 K
...pretty sure its the one Missbhaved was lookin at
:? thought she may have bought it by now
i know she was considering getting an inspection on it

barbieros - i'd either PM Missbhaved and ask her if she had it inspected...
or arrange one yourself - i recommend these guys...
http://www.stateroads.com.au/
[url=http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13989][img]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8793/ftoclick6gx5.png[/img][/url]
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I think that where Ethan (Slither) got his Custom made CAI from? But he hardly gets on here now.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
barbieros

Post by barbieros »

That it, the silver gpx. less than 100,000kms and under $11k is pretty good in my book. Especially if its all been complianced and registed properly, which it appeas to be.

I'll tell u what, these insurance companies are giving me the absolute $hits! the BEST quote i have so far is just car at a $2610 premium and $2000 excess. What's the friggin point? might as well bomb insure it, that way i lose my $5000 on my terms.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

lol whats your age?? it can suck.

Sounds good on the surface...might wanna work out what needs to be done on it.
barbieros

Post by barbieros »

I'm a 19 year old male with 3 years experience including L's with absolutely no fines/claims/incidents or anything. No one wants to know me. I think i'm better off putting 3rd party on it, but that does risk a fair bit of money. I've got one insurance company left to try, then i'll have to give up on the fto :( ... that is of course after i put plan B in action...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Insurance company usually don't count the period when you driving with your L, as you still learning. So to them you a very high risk 2nd yr driver.

I hope your plan B isn't putting the car under your parents name, as all insurance company insurance under the youngest driver.

I have to say FTO had one of the highest insurace premium in Australia. Even turbo cars can insure less then a FTO :roll:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
barbieros

Post by barbieros »

Crap... i''m stuffed then i think...
I spoke to GIO who my parents are with today. They give a 60% discouunt if your parents have a policy. BUT they don't insure grey imports in Victoria, not untill about october. They are trialling a new product in NSW for grey imports, and if it works they'll bring it here.

So might have to wait.

This is all just making me what the FTO even more, now that i can't have it. I'm picturing my silver beast spin to 8000, and hammering down the fwy... still dreaming....
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

barbieros wrote:This is all just making me what the FTO even more, now that i can't have it. I'm picturing my silver beast spin to 8000, and hammering down the fwy... still dreaming....
Of course all within the legal limit right :wink:
barbieros

Post by barbieros »

Of course, that goes without saying...but you can't really trust those speedos can u? they're all about 10% out anyway.
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

most insurance company jus slap a big price on any import no matter what the engine :(