Folding forward back seats - anyone?

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

noccers
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Folding forward back seats - anyone?

Post by noccers »

Well, ever since I got the FTO I've wanted the back seat to fold forward, so that I can mount my sub in the useless hole that resides behind it.

Mates and I at work came up with an idea of inserting either two short metal rods, about 15cm in length, or one long pole that goes right through, in to the foam of the back cusion. Then cutting off the dodge bit of metal that holds it to the chassis and connecting that to the metal rod. That's the basic idea we came up with, anyway..

Just wondering if anyone else has done it or has any other ideas for doing it? Cos, man, it really annoys me.
gawk; talk; date; wine; grep; touch; unzip; strip; touch; gasp; finger; gasp; mount; fsck; more; yes; fsck; gasp; eject; umount; make clean; make mrproper; sleep;

successful trades: d_stroy_r, shue, mxysxy, dstocks
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Thats a really good idea - but you would have to check the legalities of that.
noccers
Grease Monkey

Post by noccers »

Bennoz wrote:Thats a really good idea - but you would have to check the legalities of that.
Damn the man! When will my rear seats ever be checked :twisted:
gawk; talk; date; wine; grep; touch; unzip; strip; touch; gasp; finger; gasp; mount; fsck; more; yes; fsck; gasp; eject; umount; make clean; make mrproper; sleep;

successful trades: d_stroy_r, shue, mxysxy, dstocks
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

noccers wrote:
Bennoz wrote:Thats a really good idea - but you would have to check the legalities of that.
Damn the man! When will my rear seats ever be checked :twisted:
Im just thinking that its a 'passenger carrying' part of the car...

Mind you, the FTO rear seat aint held in by much as it is!
bigpitty1
Mechanic

Post by bigpitty1 »

I have been thinking of removing my rear seats coz there pretty much useless, if I get my car as a 2 seater will my regestration be cheaper?
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

bigpitty1 wrote:I have been thinking of removing my rear seats coz there pretty much useless, if I get my car as a 2 seater will my regestration be cheaper?
Im very sure removing the back seat (and technically any modifications to it) is illigal and would be near impossible getting a road worthy done on it.

Let alone trying to convince the RTA that you shouldnt pay as much now its a 2 seater LOL :lol:
Whats an FTO?