Hi there, facing a damn tough choice

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO338
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by FTO338 »

You right dstock. Cusco and Creative made aftermarket LSD, cost around $2k + labou.

IMO its cheaper to get the limted edition and then spray it black.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Liquidity
Grease Monkey

Post by Liquidity »

allright, scrap the sunroof. I've seen plenty of 5 speed factory LSD transmissions for the 6a12 mivec going around while contemplating my conversion. All else fails, i'll just grab one.

Fto's looking more and more the go, and your right. By the time this actually happens (probably at least 5 months) i'll be over the lancer and looking for a "touch of class".
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

I like Black on the FTO but wouldn't want to respray my Lim Ed to black.

Get yourself a GPvR - nice looking rear spoiler, majority of the members in here want to get their hands on one.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Liquidity wrote:allright, scrap the sunroof. I've seen plenty of 5 speed factory LSD transmissions for the 6a12 mivec going around while contemplating my conversion. All else fails, i'll just grab one.

Fto's looking more and more the go, and your right. By the time this actually happens (probably at least 5 months) i'll be over the lancer and looking for a "touch of class".
well honestly, lancers are just normal cars, people don't even see them as sports cars (unless they're EVOs obviously) and yea, u would have to spend a lot of money on it to get it on par with the performance of a stock fto (handling will cost u a far bit)
plus the fto just looks better :D

Now naturally, this being an FTO forum, we will tell you to buy an FTO. But you can also notice fto owners have a lot more respect towards cars rather than idiotic thinkin on a lot of other forums where they're trying to prove who's car is better :?
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Liquidity
Grease Monkey

Post by Liquidity »

aiight. I dont even know what the difference is between gpx and gpvr etc :P

look forward to learning more. Thanks all.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Do a search on GPvR, use the search button at the top of the forum and you should able to find plenty of thread about them. :wink:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
dstocks
National Vice President

Here

Post by dstocks »

Here is info on the different models:

http://www.completefto.com.au/FTO_showcontent.asp?hid=111
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Liquidity
    Grease Monkey

Post by Liquidity »

thanks dstocks.
    The the gpvr's and gpx were the only models to come out with mivec and lsd? have i got that right yet?

sorry, non tabbed browsing (firefox issues with this site) is really slowing me down.

Oh, and i'd like to cordially say f**k you all, and eat a dick.

After your enthusiasm, experiences, and pictures, and having a chance to perve all over an FTO this arvo parked outside my work, i've decided to buy one. Great....... insurance, loans, and other hassles soon to come.

The things that sold me (apart from performance, which i could easily put into my lancer given enough time/care/investement), were styling. exterior and interior, mostly interior. Its just nicer, smaller, sportier, i LOVE how the entire console moulds around the driver and really seperates driver from passenger. Theres also nicer spaces for guages, and gadgets (ie, EDFC, APEXI ECS or similair).
    That, and the "no b pillar" doors. Goddamn, i love that.

Definently gotta line up a test drive next week.

:P
    Last edited by Liquidity on Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Camo
    Grease Monkey

Post by Camo »

btw i think you missed the biggest CON with the lancer conversion option!

LANCER'S ARE PIECES OF CRAP!

At least with a FTO engine and the other upgrades its not quite as bad, but its still a sh*t car!
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Rebuild

Post by dstocks »

sorry, non tabbed browsing (firefox issues with this site) is really slowing me down
    Yep, have been working on the upgrade for the last few months - thats why it hasnt changed much.
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      SG
      Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

Liquidity wrote:thanks dstocks.
      The the gpvr's and gpx were the only models to come out with mivec and lsd? have i got that right yet?
      the GPX have mivec but no lsd

or you can get a GR which has neither but could have similar performance if you change the cam shaft over i hear.
      FTO338
      Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

As dstock pointed out the only GPX that comes with standard LSD is the limited edition.

I've seen a few GPX have the optional LSD, so you might be lucky if they are up for sell.
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Here

Post by dstocks »

This is what you need to look at!!! The options for the different models...

http://www.redmorris.pwp.blueyonder.co. ... /index.htm
        Liquidity
        Grease Monkey

Post by Liquidity »

hollow circles an option, solid is "As standard" right?
        dstocks
        National Vice President

question

Post by dstocks »

yup, the man wins a prize!!!
          BorepYano
          Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

Liquidity wrote:hollow circles an option, solid is "As standard" right?
          hollow circles? :oops:
          kiz wrote:
          silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
          There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
          sublime19
          Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Liquidity wrote:
          Oh, and i'd like to cordially say f*** you all, and eat a dick.
          Right back at u buddy :lol:
          Liquidity wrote:
          sorry, non tabbed browsing (firefox issues with this site) is really slowing me down.
          Hmm, I use Firefox, seems to be perfectly alright for me :?
          And I feel sorry for the poor suckers still using Internet Explorer!
          I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
          Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
          Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
          spetz
          Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Liquidity, I think it all depends on how quick you want to go

I love the sleeper fact of my car. Everyone asks what is done to because it goes too hard for a lancer.

However, given the chance I would rather an FTO. A better car in my opinion. But I would ONLY want an FTO if I planned on doing an evo engine conversion.

In the end of the day, I would prefer a 6A12 Lancer over FTO.
          Engine mods will gain you same power, but will make a bigger difference in the lancer.
          My friends old lancer did 14.3 with just extractors, exhaust, FPR. Not even a cold air intake.
          A few more mods and that car would be doing 13s...
          Good luck getting a heavy FTO doing NA 13s

Or, alternatively just wait until I get my car back. If it isn't quick enough we can do what we discussed.
          FTO338
          Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well try to get a Lancer to keep up a FTO on twisty :wink: Not EVO of course. :lol:
          Liquidity
          Grease Monkey

Post by Liquidity »

not to toot my own horn fto338, but i'm yet to find a vehicle i cant keep up with through the hills in my lancer, and all i've got is camber bushes and a rear swaybar.

Sure, most of em leave me for dead on the straights, but funnily enough i end up right behind em again :P