Hi there, facing a damn tough choice

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

SG
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by SG »

yeah mods changes everything... a FTO could beat a standard EVO with the right mods

though its still up to the driver o'course

i reckon i could almost match a evo with my current mods but i still need some sway bars, the fto has a v good low c.o.g. imo
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Liquidity wrote:not to toot my own horn fto338, but i'm yet to find a vehicle i cant keep up with through the hills in my lancer, and all i've got is camber bushes and a rear swaybar.

Sure, most of em leave me for dead on the straights, but funnily enough i end up right behind em again :P
Come down to melb one day and i take you to some of the other club who does twisty run, you be lucky if you can see their dust.

SG have you ever take on a stock EVO before? All stock EVO does high 13 (except for EVO V) I yet to see any N/A FTO or Lancer/mirage with 6A12 Mivec break into 13.

I'm curious what mods you got that makes you think a N/A FTO can beat a stock EVO.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

I was about to say, but u beat me to it damn u!!

yea i agree.. i don't think an fto will ever be able to get a stock evo (unless u have a spare $25,000 to spend on it at least)
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well i had an EVO IV before, so i know there is no way in the world a N/A FTO can beat it.

FTO is a great looking fun car, but people need to realise, its not the best performance car out there, no matter how much many you pour into it.

Even if you spend $25-50k on it, you still get blow away by a supra, skyline, evo, rexie which just need $5k of mods.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

im not talkin about a straight line, although you could come damn close with a big Nitrous set up but thats not really all motor n/a

i've driven behind one on a track and only consistently comming 2 seconds behind it

though like i said it comes down to driver ability
..and the fact that i could never get the last corner coming onto the straight properly :x

only had stock suspension stock tyres and a lsd then...

so stock baggin' the fto! :)

but given the evo could be about ~3-4 seconds faster if driven by a professional, a fto fully modded could easily be that fast too imo
Last edited by SG on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

FTO338 wrote:Well i had an EVO IV before, so i know there is no way in the world a N/A FTO can beat it.

FTO is a great looking fun car, but people need to realise, its not the best performance car out there, no matter how much many you pour into it.

Even if you spend $25-50k on it, you still get blow away by a supra, skyline, evo, rexie which just need $5k of mods.
Couldn't agree with you more there.

It's perfectly alright to put money into your fto to tune/mod it to your driving style, but don't expect to be better than everybody and you won't be dissapointed, fto's just arent meant to be if your after nothing but speed :wink:
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

SG wrote:i've driven behind one on a track and only consistently comming 2 seconds behind it
Don't know for anyone else, but two second is a lot on the street, let alone on the track, give and take its around 4-5 car length. Close is when you are less then half a second different.

Now i'm waiting for someone to post that quote from F&TF :twisted: