EOI - Track Day

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Nacho
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

EOI - Track Day

Post by Nacho »

Ok VIC after talking with a few members, it looks like the track day we've been wanting may become a reality.

Have no idea what the cost is yet at this point in time so let's get an idea from some of the more experienced members hopefully.

Ok let's make it the same format as our paintball weekend.

1. Preferred date, preferred track
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

My understanding is, in order to get on a track, you either need to be in a CAMS register club or tag along with one that already is. So look for a club that is (2nd link below have a list of clubs) and see when they are having a track day, and hopefully we can tag along.

The Impreza WRX Club hold a track day at the start of this year and lots of other clubs had tag along.

Do keep in mind, most insurance company don’t cover your vehicle on a track.

http://www.cams.com.au/Content.asp?PageID=Links

http://www.cams.com.au/content.asp?PageID=Clubs

There are lots of work to be done in order to become a CAMS register club, the last committee was looking into it before and end up just tagging along with UAS track day.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Thanks Kev that's awesome info! Is there any such thing as open track days where you just pay a fee and get out on the track? Or do you actually have to race?

I never been so I don't know....... :oops:
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

or u can wait until the track has an open day !
past ride : FTO gpx with lots of bling bling
Current ride: EVO 8 with the MOST CARBON IN AUSTRALIA....206KW AT ALL WHEELS
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

yeah u need CAMS...good idea though.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

khunjeng wrote:yeah u need CAMS...good idea though.
Dude this was your idea! :lol:

Can someone please give me a list of the know Race Tracks in Melbourne please? Then we can decide which one we want to go to!

We can always just practice around Albert Park lake on the Grand Prix track - Need For Speed Underground style! :lol:
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

So what happened? We were all keen to go to a race track last time we met up.........silence........ :?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well did u find out about track open day or which club you want to tag along?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Check with the individual tracks. Ie check with Sandown, check with Phillip Island. Some tracks will alow you to buy a 'track licence' for hat track. For example Wakefeild up here has a track licence you can buy on the day for $40 - it is valid for the whole year. Then you just have to pay the track fees for the day.

If you go get a licence from CAMS, a 2S licence will cover you for all that you would need for flogging your own car round a track. Download the form from the website & pay the $100 odd doallrs & you are away. I highly recommend doing it that way if you want to do more trtack days. It would also void the need to pay for a track licence. Also order the race 'bible' as well with your licence. Its another $40 but it is a huge binder with everything you'll ever need to know about racing :wink:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Forgot to mention that you need to be a member of a CAMS affiliated club to get the licence. Im a member of the Mini car club of NSW, Teania & kaveman are members of the Honda car club for example. We were looking to take this club in that direction, but it meant membership money & all sorts of financial & legal changes. There just isnt enough call for that at the moment.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Thanks Ben for all the info! So you mean you actually have to take a driving test and theory to obtain this CAMS license?

I thought that was only in Gran Turismo! :lol:
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

there is going to be a track day happening from a few guys at ozhonda and other cars. im not sure if its like a open session where anyone from any car club can enter, but anyway, heres the link for you guys to look up more on if your interested:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53052
ygoslo
Apprentice

Post by ygoslo »

If you do it, I'll be there for sure! Just a thought, Calder are no longer a CAMS affiliated track so you wouldn't need to be a CAMS club to run there.

Having said that I'd rather go to Winton, but hey, a track is a track!

My only thought is make it not in Summer. Hot weather + driving hard = bad.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Yeah that's a fairly sensible call! On the upside........WINTER + RAIN + FTO + HANDBRAKE = DRIFT! :twisted: