Bartman saying hi to all fellow clubmates

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bartman
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Bartman saying hi to all fellow clubmates

Post by bartman »

hello fellow ftoer's
Club Name: Bartman
Ride: 95 GPX
I've finally managed to get a pic on here! This is a pic of my ride the day i bought it from a wholesale yard for $9k & 83,000km's, yes thats right $9k the guy at the yard didn't really do his homework untill after i signed a bill of sale!!(smuck)
Mods: 18" rims, apexi air filter, front strut brace, Veilside type 1 kit(minus the wing." ATM") 3' exhaust system,autotechnica steering wheel, Project f tail lights, pioneer sound system with sony 12" sub going in soon!
Future Mods: set of extractors & maybe a set of chromes for some BLING!!
MORE PICS COMING VERY SOON!!
[img][img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/184/ ... irtto8.jpg[/img][/img]
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

$9K, #$%^ing hell, man good work!!

I'm jealous lol
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
chelly
Grease Monkey

Post by chelly »

Hey Bartman thats n awesome deal!! is it a manual? haha bet the car dealer is fuming :D looks tidy! u'll have to show it off on the next cruise!!
noccers
Grease Monkey

Post by noccers »

were the project f tail lights and the vs body kit an added extra, cos i don't see either on that picture
gawk; talk; date; wine; grep; touch; unzip; strip; touch; gasp; finger; gasp; mount; fsck; more; yes; fsck; gasp; eject; umount; make clean; make mrproper; sleep;

successful trades: d_stroy_r, shue, mxysxy, dstocks
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

First off, congrats on the buy and WTTC.

However, the thing I'm a tad bit worried about is the fact that you bought your car for $9k.
Now nobody will "accidently" sell it to you for that amount, especially not a car yard, plus the fact that it was a kit on it, it would suck people into buying it without thinking too much about how well the car runs, since the looks just attract you. "look can be decieving"

I suggest you get it checked out, even though I think this should have been done before you actually bought it, as I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say, that nobody will "accidently" sell it to you for that amount without doing their homework.

The cheapest I've ever seen a car yard sell an FTO is about $13k, and things with body kits usually go for a bit more. Don't mean to worry you but I hope you can see I have a valid point.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

lol great sublime, u come along and ruin everything :P JK

yeah actually sublime has a point there, get it checked out by RACQ, do a master/s check, i think its $170. well worth the read, but keep in mind that they are very very picky with every little single thing, they'll give u a very long list of things wrong with it, but only some of it will be important
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

also, those arent project Fs, they're stock fto taillights.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah welcome bartman hope to c ya round the goldie soon
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
bartman
Grease Monkey

Post by bartman »

yeah the veilside kit & altezzas(from the UK) i've put on since that photo, that was just taken the day i bought it. yeah had the car fully checked over by a mechanic, only probs were a rear wheel bearing($350 genuine unfortunately!), new windscreen wipers($12) & a strut tower plate($150), o & this annoying short with brake fuse!. I was wondering why it was so cheap as well! But i suppose thats why the car dealer wanted to change the price even after i'd already made a deposit on it! (yeah right) :x
But will have pics up in next few days of what it looks like now.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

bartman wrote:yeah the veilside kit & altezzas(from the UK) i've put on since that photo, that was just taken the day i bought it. yeah had the car fully checked over by a mechanic, only probs were a rear wheel bearing($350 genuine unfortunately!), new windscreen wipers($12) & a strut tower plate($150), o & this annoying short with brake fuse!. I was wondering why it was so cheap as well! But i suppose thats why the car dealer wanted to change the price even after i'd already made a deposit on it! (yeah right) :x
But will have pics up in next few days of what it looks like now.
ah ic, btw the altezzas are diff from the Projct F, they only ever made a 100 project F taillights but altezzas area bit diff. How much did the Altezzas cost u btw?
FTO-101
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO-101 »

i thought that the altezzas were made by project f
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Welcome mate

But for 9k...its a bargin mate. Don't trust the KMs..have it sussed out.

But I have seen a few around for 10k stock.

Since you only piad 9k...you might have to fix stuff up but if you do at leasy you know its brand new...

Nice buy.
Last edited by khunjeng on Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

bartman wrote:yeah the veilside kit & altezzas(from the UK) i've put on since that photo, that was just taken the day i bought it...

...But will have pics up in next few days of what it looks like now.
LED ALL the things.
bartman
Grease Monkey

Post by bartman »

yeah their project f lights, the logo is inside the casing.Sublime i called them altezzas in the prev post coz thats what style their modelled after.
bartman
Grease Monkey

Post by bartman »

to clear up any confusion heres a pic of what they looked like when they arrived :D [img][img]http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/2333/p ... htstf1.jpg[/img][/img]
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

FTO-101 wrote:i thought that the altezzas were made by project f
nope, Altezzas are made by a company called Altezza in taiwan and they're fairly common for most newer cars, u see them on lancers etc but they're just not readily available for the FTO which is why they're so costly

but they're a lot more common than Project F taillights, they look similar but are definately different types.

Btw why are they purple bartman 8O
anyway they look nice, i just got my altezzas today, so happy (thanks WILL - I'll send u a case of beer and nachos via fed x :P )
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah man why r they purple........sorry just tryin to catch up
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
bartman
Grease Monkey

Post by bartman »

bought them from some lass in the uk & her fto was purple, so yeah had to paint the edges.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

They r very nice how much they cost u?
bartman
Grease Monkey

Post by bartman »

$1400 with p&h 8O