help- rims

Post by sky »

Can anyone please advice me if this would fit FTO
17' x 7'
5x114.3
offset 35
215/45 tire

and what would be the ride quality.
I am new to this stuff so any advice appriciated. thanks :)
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

yep, it would fit like a glove just nicely...

ride quality depends on the shock and springs... if it is lower, then you will get a harsher ride...

if it is std height (with std suspension) then there shouldn't be much noticeable difference in ride quality compared to stock wheels... however you will feel more bumps due to the lower profile of the tyres.

Post by Guest »

thanks GPXXX.
Just got another question, does the P1 Racing comes with caps that cover the centre of the rim? Cos the centre bit (part of the brakedisk, i think) is showing off and is very ugly.

thanks
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hey thats the same spec as my rim, i've got lower suspension but don't ask me how low, cause is adjustable & i never touch it!!!

With the setting now, it is a bit bumby, but cornering is fantastic, let say 65kmph at 90 degree turn without any problem!
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Anonymous wrote:thanks GPXXX.
Just got another question, does the P1 Racing comes with caps that cover the centre of the rim? Cos the centre bit (part of the brakedisk, i think) is showing off and is very ugly.

thanks
no, the P1 rims do not come with centre caps... sorry!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Re: help- rims

Post by GPXXX »

sky wrote:Can anyone please advice me if this would fit FTO
17' x 7'
5x114.3
offset 35
215/45 tire

and what would be the ride quality.
I am new to this stuff so any advice appriciated. thanks :)
just out of interest, what rims were you considering anyway?
sky

Post by sky »

P1 racing. Just bought them last week from privae sale. Too bad they don't come with caps to cover the centre. But overall i am quite satisfy with the look. :D
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

awesome! show us a pic of your car when u get the chance! :)
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

while we are on topic on rims, whats a really goood site for jap racing wheels (eg p1's, enkeis, rays....) which also has prices?

ps it really doesnt matter if its jap, just looking for some titanium or black 17's.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

if you must have Jap rims, then you can't go wrong by starting with http://www.takakaira.com

finding someone in Oz who can import them in for you is another matter though'...
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

I came accross a set of wheels i esperitly want !! (i havent seen on on an fto yet) :) seems ever wheels i look at some one else gets :P so ill make sure i get these before the end of the month lol
anywho im going to get them in 17s (i odnt want problesm with scrubbing) they are the racing hart Type CR, they lok like the buddy club p1 series 2 i think, which are my 2nd fav after i found these.
Thing is they come in silver gold and a metalic black, I have a dark midnight blue fto and dont know what colour to get !! thye black and gold have the spokes that colour, but the deep dish is a nice chrome silver.
What colour do you guys rekon i should go for ?? while gold looks good on a wrx blue i dunno how it will look against a mightnight blue. And i tihnk blakc wheels are for lighter colours wiht a gt wing and carbonfibre bonnet, which i guess if i got the black ones would be an exuse to get more toys :)
though silver will suit most colours, especially an alloy silver which looks good with blue cars, can you guys help me with this dilemer ??
also have you guys seen the racing hart wheels cheap anywhere ?? I am waiting on quotes atm
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

looks good... :)

if it was me, i'd put gold 18" wheels with polished silver dish for the dark blue FTO (assuming it's issel blue)...

or if you want that JDM riceboy look, get bronze hehehe...
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

They look nice Gav. I would go for the chrome silver ones. PIMP! And deep dished as well!

G1, is this giving you any ideas?? :)
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

haha yeah man.. im tempted to get the p1 racing II's in SBC (the fully polished look)

or something along the lines of...

anyone know of anything similar that might suit my needs?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

I believe Lenso also makes a copied-design of the veilside Andrew-5 rims, but i doubt you're interested in putting 15s on your car coz that's the largest size they've got for that design, hehehe...
TheSentry
Grease Monkey

Post by TheSentry »

I'd love to slap some Magna VR-X rims on my car. Not the ones from the current model but the one before that:

Only problem is finding some. :(
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

I'll have the one on the top left thanks! :D
Black_FTOGPX
Mechanic

Post by Black_FTOGPX »

I'd love to slap some Magna VR-X rims on my car. Not the ones from the current model but the one before that:
Yeah I luv the VR-X wheels aswell.

We use them as company cars at work – Looking into seeing if I can get a good discount on some
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

When i first got the FTO, i was looking at the magna rims from the previous VRX as well , but they are so heavy, so i've changed my mind.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
scracy
Grease Monkey

rims

Post by scracy »

:lol: Im gonna do something old school with my rims, get the factory gpx rims polished and replace the centre caps with current model magna vrx caps (cant polish plastic)! Has anyone done this before? The cost is about $110-160 per rim which is a lot cheaper and would still look "different". Wont be able to get this done before photoshoot though :cry: Past experience has shown me that often the original rims polished looks better than after market rims. Also going too wide wrong offset too bigger diameter leads to wheel bearing problems driveshaft problems steering clearance problems etc not to mention insurance isues. Are the hassles really worth it? Personally id feel like a real tosser having a hot looking car with hot looking rims that wouldnt pull the skin of my c#/k!