Hihi!!

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

AJCFTO06
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Hihi!!

Post by AJCFTO06 »

Hey guys yes im a newbie :P i live in brissie australia and just turned 18 and looking for a new nice car (been looking for a fair while now) i am pretty set on an FTO and i was looking at this one: Click for link any thoughts?

I rang up the guy and he sounded pretty suss he said there is some damage to the back left of the car, which i cant see cause the pictures do not show back left :p he also said he was insured with RACQ when i rung them up and they said they do not insure FTOs, while justcarinsurance does some nice deals on them :).

Also i am wondering where would be the best place to get FTOs serviced I rung up mitsubishi and they don't service them, where do you all get them serviced?

Nice to be here guys!!
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

ive had good experience with rik n joe's on the gold coast and they service heaps of FTOs.

i wouldn't go for that FTO u linked.. any kind of serious exterior damage costs an arm and a leg to repair on an FTO, plus it has no roadworthy which means theres probably something wrong.. let him know its illegal to sell a car in QLD without a roadworthy certificate. RACQ and a lot of insurance companies won't insure imports - mainly only justcars, young and cool, shannons.

so yeah.. that FTO sounds a bit dodgy.

also free plug for my FTO im selling :P http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums ... pic=134362
its in good shape and ill drop the price down closer to 11 for a forum member ;)
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

Welcome To The Club (and even ppl bonbard you with WTTC, u'll know what it means lol)

good to see someone else in brissy :)

ROFL, that car was registered 19 cars after mine... now thinking about it, it was probably imported in the same batch as mine (my plates r 173JGH, and the one on that car is 192JGH)

anyways, with the car, it probably belongs to an international student who's just finished uni here (or just about to), the RACQ thing might be just a mistake cos ESL and all.

actually go and see the car, check out the dmg, its probably just because he backed into a tree (thats what the guy that had my car before me did lol) or something. if he tell you a price on how much it would cost to fix it, if u decide to buy the car then offer him the extra and make sure he does it (chances r he's been quoted and told you an amount less then the quote).

make sure u get it checked out by someone... if u dont have a top mech friend then pay $170 and do a RACQ masters check (its worth spending 170 rather than spending 11000 then finding out its been flogged out).

if it checks out, 11k is a very reasonable offer :)

and as for servicing the car... i had just went to Kmart cos it was convinient, i guess it doesnt make a huge diff because they all have to do the same thing... but i have a feeling that i'll be corrected after this post lol.

good luck with the purchase.

where about in brissy are you?
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

one thing i forgot to say about the dmg...

if he gets it fixed, inspect the repair very carefully from different angles.

mine was fix by the guy but 3months later i found out that it was a bodgy job (caught the repair lines in the sunlight when i was washing the cat)
kiz wrote:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah man welcome sorry to say but i wouldnt touch it to many varibles and hobbsie's looks mint with some good mods to get started. i dont think i need to say any more

Cya at the cruise if u have it by then
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
dstocks
National Vice President

Plenty

Post by dstocks »

There are plenty of FTO's around for about the 12 mark. Damage will probably cost you at least that to fix unless it's really minor. As mentioned above, go have a look at it and see how bad it is. Oh and while youre at it, check the roof for rust spots as the 95's can have rust problems in the roof. If you see any spots (small round raised bubbles), dont buy it.

Good Luck with the shopping
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    AJCFTO06
    Grease Monkey

Post by AJCFTO06 »

Thanks for information guys. I live in northern suburbs at middle park if u know where that is... I will go check out the car see how bad the damage is, maybe take a picture and upload it here and see what you guys think, when i quoted him he said probably around 1500$ but... you know he can say anything lol. Hobbsie your car is nice, where abouts do you live? The only problem is i don't like red that much im more into white/black/silver :( nice to meet you all:)
    bartman
    Grease Monkey

Post by bartman »

try boostimports.com.au they had a couple of fto around the $10k mark, o & WTTC dude
    AJCFTO06
    Grease Monkey

Post by AJCFTO06 »

hmmm i am not sure if i trust boost imports i dont want to get sent a piece of junk without getting to test drive it and see it myself, what are your guys thoughts about it?
    BorepYano
    Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

well i'm just plain against car yards and the likes of them.

if u r looking for ftos, there were a bunch of them around the sunnybank area when i was looking (4months ago), but most had something wrong with them, and the prices are a little high (around the 13k mark)

well thats my 2c worth, hope it helps :)
    kiz wrote:
    AJCFTO06
    Grease Monkey

Post by AJCFTO06 »

yah thanks man uve been heaps of help :D
    Hobbsie
    Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

AJCFTO06 wrote:Thanks for information guys. I live in northern suburbs at middle park if u know where that is... I will go check out the car see how bad the damage is, maybe take a picture and upload it here and see what you guys think, when i quoted him he said probably around 1500$ but... you know he can say anything lol. Hobbsie your car is nice, where abouts do you live? The only problem is i don't like red that much im more into white/black/silver :( nice to meet you all:)
    haha mate i live in westlake. so i'd say about 2 minutes drive from you ;). also, everyone knows red goes faster. red adds about 30 kw atw so you'll waste any black/white/silver losers. jokes, i like black cars too but the FTO red is so nice i couldn't resist hahah. come check it out sometime since i live so close, i know its not exactly what your lookin for so no pressure but yea i like to think its a pretty good fto.

Borepyano - its def true that you can just take it to any mechanic like Kmart for a standard service like fluid change etc, but if you're doing anything major i'd suggest taking it to a place that deals with FTOs a lot like rik n joes - worth the extra trip imo.
    90% of the mechanics in brissy have never even seen an FTO engine bay before so theres a pretty good chance theyll either f**k something up, charge you through the roof for parts, or take longer to get the job done and therefore charge you more. also, if someone knows a lot about FTO they can pick up any problems unrelated to your service a lot more easily and forewarn you. just my 2cents :oops:
    AJCFTO06
    Grease Monkey

Post by AJCFTO06 »

nice man^^ pm me your address so i can pop by sometime i live right near peterlightfoot oval :P and also can you give me the address of rik n joes and how far you think it take to drive :P or a contact phone so i can ring them :)
    BorepYano
    Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

yeah i figured, but its just plugs and oil, and they have a set price, and its just down the road, i was lazy.

but if its something big then i'll definately find someone that deals with them or someone that i know does good quality work, thanks for that :)

yeah and as with rik n joes where is it?
    kiz wrote:
    Hobbsie
    Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

www.nihoncarparts.com.au

(07) 5532 0706
    32 Baily Crescent
    Southport QLD 4215

1 hour drive or so each way

i heard drift king or something at geebung is alright but dunno anything about their address