Sony Xplod Series

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by FTOluv »

Ruchi I'll give it a rest when u buy any Sony ICE. :lol:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

NimZ wrote:I have a sony xplode headunit, does the job for me even looks pretty.
:roll:
hehheehe but u got it much much much cheaper of the actual price, so i bet u won't said that or even pick that head unit if you have to pay the full price. :wink:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
YFT-08U
Apprentice

Post by YFT-08U »

ruchi wrote:I believe information should be unbiased and products should be considered on their individual merits. All brands will make some sh*t product, but just because one product is bad doesn't mean everything the company makes is. :roll:
This is true I was happy with my sony HU, eq and splits

Did what I needed it to do and I had used them for over 3 years

Jc
<P>[url=http://www.hotcarchicks.com][img]http://www.hotcarchicks.com/images/hotcarchicksBanner2.gif[/img][/url]</P>
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Pioneer head units are sweet and good value for money.As far as speakers go stay away from any japanese stuff sony included as they havent got a clue.To my ears Infinity speakers or focal are the way to go at least for sound quality,it really depends on what your looking for and how much you want to spend,personally sound quality is the most important thing.Oh and rudi a friend of mine is pretty high up at village cinemas and they did some testing of various speaker shapes and sizes and came to the conclusion that an egg profile speaker shape actually sounds the best,not that far of an oval shape :wink:
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

if you are nuts about ICE and have all the budget in the world, go for US-made products... 8)

and yerrr, i quite like Pioneer head units, though their prices are right up there with Alpine... :roll:
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

GPXXX wrote:if you are nuts about ICE and have all the budget in the world, go for US-made products... 8)
Manufacturers build their equipment with different "tonalities" for different markets. Stuff designed for the US market tends to be quite "bright" and can sound a little odd with accoustic and vocal stuff.
MIVEC is My Friend :D
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

sony have a bad rep, but their products have improved so much in the last year or two, they are almost on par with most mainsteam decks.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

They might have improved but they still arent worth buying. The same money spent on Sony can buy you a better product from another brand.
Why would you even bother :roll:

*bring grin while looking at Ruchi* :D
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Mil, you're a stirrer! :P

Paypaya, I notice on Sunday you went and revisited a lot of threads, many of which were dead threads (i.e. the conversation had stopped months ago) if the thread is dead, let it rest in peace. :wink:
MIVEC is My Friend :D
veilside
Apprentice

Post by veilside »

I have an Alpine headunit (replaced the Sony headunit that came with the car, because it sucked) with 6.5" Fusion splits running off a 2chan Fusion amp. Today I'm installing a 12" Fusion sub running off a sweeeet Lanzar Vibe amp. I'll let ya's know how that goes (never installed a sub before).
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

*big grin and looking at Ruchi* :D

u know my love/hate relationship i have with Sony. :P
let it live forever!! :lol: :lol:
ellusion
Grease Monkey

Post by ellusion »

First of all i would have to admit MOST of the xplod products are crap.

However, the subs are value for money. I've had them and paid like $60 for a 12". Best $60 bucks i've ever spent (NEW too).

The top end Sony decks are good too. Especially those with the Blank Panel and OEL like blue graphics. They feature specs that challenge many other head units.

Apart from that, the rest of Sony's gear is crap.

I now run JL Speakers, Alpine subs, but still sticking to Sony's high end Head Unit.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

I think any 12" for $60 is a bargain :D U obviously bought it at a sale. And let me say even though i dont like Sony , they arent the worst brand on the market. The reason why i mite bag them the most is because a lot of people seem to have them and they are mentioned a lot.

Top end products from most brand are going to be good. Like that deck u mentioned is good, but in that price range their are way better decks. Also having a flashy colour graphic screen doesnt mean the actual deck is better :lol: