4g93t?

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

rock_it
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by rock_it »

I8A4RE wrote:
pete_gpx wrote:I think the main problem is that the gear box is on the wrong side.
That is exactly what i was referring to.
Rock it wrote:The 4g93t engine I'm the Lancer gsr.. Well where to start.. It is a good engine, but doesn't belong in an FTO. Also the gsr is not a lower end Lancer.. It is just the Aus delivered version of the evo.
I never mention the 4G93t i said the 4G93, which didnt that engine come out in a FTO? I think so
Must of missed that as the reference of fitment only.. Am only using a 2 inch screen as my laptop is busted...

Simon, the original question to the thread is will a 4g93t fit.. Which is why I said there would be problems with the box , like early evo's.. I have never seen a 93t mounted the same way as Evo iv + in CE Lancer... Which is also referenced above

Unless the turbo in the CE Lancer was added to the stock 1.8....
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
scremn
Apprentice

Post by scremn »

rock_it wrote:...Simon, the original question to the thread is will a 4g93t fit.. Which is why I said there would be problems with the box , like early evo's.. I have never seen a 93t mounted the same way as Evo iv + in CE Lancer... Which is also referenced above

Dude... :roll:
scremn wrote:rock_it: The 4G93T also came in two versions of the GSR Lancer, pre 96 (CC, Evo 1-3 shape) and post 96 (CE, Evo 4-6.5 shape)...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 832172.htm
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

scremn wrote:
rock_it wrote:...Simon, the original question to the thread is will a 4g93t fit.. Which is why I said there would be problems with the box , like early evo's.. I have never seen a 93t mounted the same way as Evo iv + in CE Lancer... Which is also referenced above

Dude... :roll:
scremn wrote:rock_it: The 4G93T also came in two versions of the GSR Lancer, pre 96 (CC, Evo 1-3 shape) and post 96 (CE, Evo 4-6.5 shape)...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 832172.htm

Dude, take note of where I live ... That variant was not an option in australia, hence me saying I have never seen it .... :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Rock it, i wasnt answering or even commenting on the "Origanal thread" as that started over 4 YEARS AGO :lol:

I was commenting on this guys post who resurrected the thread.
rrpol1 wrote:I am Mechanically illeterate, but i need some help.
i recently blew the block of my 4 cyl. FTO 1996

and i was wondering what motor i could put in, which one would be a straight swap, as well as the cheapest.

i have had a lot of trouble importing the motor from overseas, and was wondering if a lancer motor of any sort would be suitable...
:facepalm:
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

lol man... I gotta look at dates... And get my laptop fixed.. :oops:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

rock_it wrote:lol man... I gotta look at dates... And get my laptop fixed.. :oops:
hahaha, nah its funnier this way
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Lol.. Yeah at least it is comic relief..

Tried to get a new power pack for the laptop, and no one has one..... Going to have to buy one from Dell off the net.. This could take some time, so prepare to be entertained..
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

hahahah.

Just get a universal one from jaycar or dickies
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Yeah.. Tried Dickies, no luck.. Tried Tardy, and no luck either.. Even tried the Asian computer shop.. And nothing...

I was actually told today at the Dyno day to try Jaycar.. So that will be my first stop tomorrow.. Don't know why I didn't think of that the other day...