GPX or GP version R?

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

dstocks
National Vice President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Ahhh

Post by dstocks »

Ahhh, but people like you are much rarer than people that can pull an engine down and put it back together. Any mechanic would install an LSD (some better than others). Not too many people would be keen to take on an electrical job of that proportion.

Oh and as Joe Joe said, the Yellow LTD Edition 95 GPX came with a LSD. Just find one with a drivers side airbag and you have all you are looking for (except maybe the colour???)

Think you can see from the answers though that there is quite a range of opinion out there. No-one is wrong, it just depends on what you are after.

Good luck with the searching.... :D
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    JahjaMan
    Apprentice

Post by JahjaMan »

hmm, i think ltd edition would be kinda harder to find

i also forgot to mention, the cars i was looking at were all >97, so facelifted models.

thats prob why a little dearer. i only used to see a couple of facelifted models, but there seem to be more on the market nowadays.

hmm, RPW's LSD costs around 1700, struts 200 each?

so.. all up quite expensive.

how much are those leatherette covers and how hard are they to install?
    BorepYano
    Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

how much are those leatherette covers and how hard are they to install?
    $440 + postage from sydney to you (or pick up if u want)

dont know about installation yet, as fore i'm yet to get mine >.<... they say its a day.

i'm sure mxysxy will find this thread and fill in all the details (btw he does the GBs for them, and i think he's going to run one again soon)
    kiz wrote:
    silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
    There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
    I8A4RE
    QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

hell yeah i want some they look gucci man
    CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
    BorepYano
    Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

I8AFRE wrote:hell yeah i want some they look gucci man
    was there any point in you actually posting that? :P

we all know u'll want anything that's perrrty cough cough pretty boy cough cough :twisted:
    kiz wrote:
    I8A4RE
    QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

ok so was there any point in that post lol.

Ummmm did u just call me a pretty boy. dude your not helping the *~delightful!~* image (not that theres anything wrong with that)

ps thanks xoxoxox lol
    CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
    BorepYano
    Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

T_T'
    pretty boy = code for *~delightful!~* (not if there's anything with that of course) :P

ok, we should both stop now before getting abused again lol
    kiz wrote:
    I8A4RE
    QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah what was the post about?? lol
    JahjaMan
    Apprentice

Post by JahjaMan »

hmm i think i'm gonna get the GPX..

damn i keep changing my mind..
    but i need climate control and i'd like the extra airbag.

I just realised how many white fto's there are ... gosh!!
    i have a friend who's brother mods cars for a living. the other brother's RX7 was in the brochure for autosaloon this year, the one with the gullwing doors.
    i think he'll be able to repaint the car, but how much would that cost? and would that involve scraping the original paint off as well?

then i'd spend 2-3k putting it up to GPvR spec?

hmm, now off to find a manual model..
    I8A4RE
    QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

y is evry1 so worried about air bags. good if u got em but u dont not buy a car cause it doesnt have them, they are only a slight benefi. u hit truck and no f^&ken airbag is gonna save u if your that scared buy a skateboard and a pillow
    JahjaMan
    Apprentice

Post by JahjaMan »

ok

its this simple:

if u had a choice of either a 97 GPX or GpvR
    both 70k's
    both $17000

which would u choose?

cause i looked at RPW's prices, and to upgrade suspension as well as adding front/rear struts and LSD will cost more than $3500 fitted.

Are the climate control air con unit and projector headlamps worth $3000 in convenience?
    I8A4RE
    QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Well to be honest i never use my air con and it gets hot here and i cant tell much difference with the headlights
    khunjeng
    Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I8AFRE wrote:Well to be honest i never use my air con and it gets hot here and i cant tell much difference with the headlights
    your in the GC why don't use use the air con?
    I8A4RE
    QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

1 the fto is bad enough on fuel as it is
    2 i just would rather put the window down and feel the breeze in my hair lol
    khunjeng
    Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I8AFRE wrote:1 the fto is bad enough on fuel as it is
    fair enough...if u lived in tassie then i would understand but QLD is hot mate...
    JahjaMan
    Apprentice

Post by JahjaMan »

hmm, i guess i could live without air con then. Sydney's not too bad.

another quick question, can i stil use get leatherette covers for GPvR?
    i think the seats the same, just coloured.

thanks for all the feedback btw =)
    bartman
    Grease Monkey

Post by bartman »

I8AFRE the fto not that bad on fuel. Better than my previous ride 88 mazda mx6 turbo (2.2)L
    [img][img]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4930 ... it9.th.jpg[/img][/img]
    [img][img]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2730 ... cd8.th.jpg[/img][/img]
    BorepYano
    Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

I8AFRE wrote:1 the fto is bad enough on fuel as it is
    u know they did prove this on mythbusters, that having your window down wastes more fuel then running the air con, although i'm still not convinced by it anyway, i can just see my fuel drop when i have the air con on full blast, but it sure is f*&^ing cold though. i guess having the windows down would be worst on fuel on sports cars than SUVs (the design on sports cars is for the slip stream and all)

as for fuel, the fto is about the same as mommy's 04 camery sportivo, mind you the straight line performance isnt that much different (although i've never actually tried it out, just the feel of it, u know how hard it is to convince mommy to drag me at the lights? :? lol)
    kiz wrote: