Busted!! :S

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mr-charisma
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Busted!! :S

Post by mr-charisma »

My first time on the Gold Coast in over 6 months - & I got pulled over by an unmarked cop car who told me he had me going at 40+ kph's over the limit so roughly 90'ish in a 50 zone apparently... :?

Was trying to follow some friends back to their place & they'd just crashed the lights & gone ahead, didn't know the address or my way around the coast well enough to find their place, so stupidly I tried to catch up to them once I was through the lights...

Got a little further up the road and saw the little red & blue flashing lights which mean that I was royally fucked, started thinking to myself.... maybe they're not after me ... maybe they're not after me ... wait, no they're after me 8O

After the usual interrogations and a few trips back to his car to check my licence on the system & that, the cop tells me that I would be up for a $700 fine and Loss of license, and then he would start inspecting my car for defects .....

....If he was a Traffic Cop - but, luckily for me, he doesn't deal with traffic stuff, only hardcore crims and drug dealers & that (& I guess he didn't have a ticket book or something)... So after scaring the bejeebus outta me, he just let me off with a warning & told me to take it slow from now on :o

f**king LUCKY! :) Learnt my lesson though, & I don't think I will be going back to the GC for a while either!

P.S. - When are we having that track day!?? Me want to go *broom* *broom* in my big red car! ( *Legally* :oops: )
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

Haha very, very lucky bud.

I have a sorta similar story.
My mate was leaving for WA at 1:20pm and I had set my alarm for 12:30pm so I coud wake up and go see hin off, pity I slept right through it until 1pm.

I woke up, looked over, and decided I could make it. I had to travel 30-40km, in 20 minutes. I almost made it. Quick summary as I gotta go soon, but basicaly 180 in a 100zone, 120 in the 50 zone, 120 in the 60 zone, adn then the undercover found me. I had covered 30km by that stage in 17 minutes (or less as I got dressed in that time as well).

However, I think these guys were detetcives or something, as they didn't seem to know my exact speed, and I got the absolute minimum fine. I don't know why I wasn't done for 120 in a 60 zone, dangerous drivingm and banned from driving for like 6 years so the only explanation I can give is that they were detectives and didn't have a camera.

Where they caught me was after a huge body of traffic I took on the inside using the parking lane. :lol:

I will never drive like that again, for two reasons. 1) its the hardest Ive ever driven, and will never need to again, and 2) Its an auto-loss-of-liscence deal, which I really can't be without. Most of the driving was done in the country, but the 60 & 50 zones were in town on the larger roads. I'll be the first to admit it, I was young and foolish.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

both of you guys r so lucky when cops catch me i seem to get the one thats going through a messy divorce mid life crisis and his son just caught him cross dressing. imean they through the book at me even for jay walking lol. but on the gold coast, man cops r every where evryday i see at least 1 speed camera. on sunday 2 cops in the new undercover mitsi had pulled over 2 ppl checking under bonnets etc. theyt r definitly cracking down
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
bartman
Grease Monkey

Post by bartman »

yeah had a unmarked black 380 follow me last week, when i went for a run out through coomera waters/fannigans way. But didn't pull me over coz i was behaving :wink:
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

prob cos gold coast is where all the hype was about car gangs and sh*t doing stupid stuff so now theyre showing their presence
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah there was an article in the paper like 4 wks ago about ppl taking up 4 lanes driving 60km a long the motorway so their mates could race without running into traffic. how good would that be lol hey at least they have consideration for other drivers lol
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

yeah great rub it in guys, rub it in. :evil:

lol
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

sorry bro that wasnt suppose to be a dig
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

I8AFRE wrote:sorry bro that wasnt suppose to be a dig
yeah thats right be scared, i could be the one that's stalking you and driving infront of you dropping sharp things to puncture your tyres muwhahaha :twisted:
lol
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah well if i stop getting punctures in a month then ill know its u lol
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

aahahah u got him there :!:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

oh hobbsie when u want your tire back too man cause im goin away for like three wks