check out my turbo setup at half the price not 10,000 :P

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

kermut
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

check out my turbo setup at half the price not 10,000 :P

Post by kermut »

heheh check out my set up n tell me what u think? AND IT DIDNT COST ME $10,000 and my babi flies..it eats my frends 01 rexy whos boosted it to 18 psi :)...

if anyone is interested in getting the same setup pm me
fto's need more respect on the road lmao..

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/8871/picz0013fx3.jpg

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1151/picz0023mg2.jpg

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/3623/dsc00298wf9.jpg
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Hi Mate

I have seen your cra about before it was smashed...

More details on what you did and where it was done.

thanks
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Re: check out my turbo setup at half the price not 10,000 :P

Post by scarecrow »

kermut wrote:if anyone is interested in getting the same setup pm me
fto's need more respect on the road lmao..
Try not to crash this one then :P

I love the green, seriously, it looks friggin rad!
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

From the pics, your turbo kits is base on GR.

If my memory is correct, your original engine before the crash was a MIVEC. I know the block is the same for GR and GPX, so in theory if you just saving money, you can just change the block and kept the MIVEC CAM.

So I assume you choose a non-MIVEC engine are because you don't have to face the problem it might cause by the MIVEC CAM and also it runs on a lower compression which allow you to have higher boost.

Now with all those in mind, have you try the kit on MIVEC model yet? I know the R&D is where all the money had spend on when it comes to those 10k+ turbo kits.

What mods its got on your mates 01 Rex? And was it a rolling start or standing start? I would like to see how you go with my mates 02 Rex. Pink slip? hehehehe :lol:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I would like to see that also....
kermut
Grease Monkey

Post by kermut »

hahah ofcourse rolling start otherwise the rex wood eat me alive too much wheel spin..my cars always been a gr.my crash was only little no damege to the engine....ill give your mates rexy a run long...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Oh ok, my mistake, i thought yours was a GPX before. So what gear you both on at the rolling start? And at what speed?

My mate is up for it, but he said he only "run" for a "pink slip", so if you up for it, then yeah it would be a interesting show. :lol: :wink:

And if you really keen, i can line you up with a R32 or a R34 GTR too, but of course same "condition" as the Rex.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

kermut if you want a free wrx spend the other $5k on a better turbo setup heheh, and you know, lsd and slicks...

i wouldnt race anyone for pinks unless i could get high 10s...
...and i was racing a daihatsu charade, thats stock, or something. lol

rolling starts are dodgy
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

SG wrote:kermut if you want a free wrx spend the other $5k on a better turbo setup heheh, and you know, lsd and slicks...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

still waiting for details....
BLKFTO

[b]I can beat U,[/b]

Post by BLKFTO »

Yo Blick, I can beat u with my 300zx. Stop start or on the run!!! wanna give it a run?? 1.3 bar boost!! :lol: imma heavy!! and yeah i moved the tiptronic gear shift on the FTO up on the streeing wheel, its fun asss man! like a F1 now fully took the S bend on Princ's HWY 110 km ( U KNOW Where ima toking abt!).
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

how did you fit a turbo down there >must be crazy exhaust manifold !!
Gr's run the same compression ratio as Mivecs btw 10:1

Put up more pics on your ride

I dont know whats with people saying "lets race for pink slips" ever since F&F. You guys do realise that all a pink slip here is a peice of paper saying your cars road worthy !
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

race for notice of dispoals :lol:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

hahah but GAV, "pink slip" is the only way people will understand. "Notice of dispoals" hahaha LMFAO

Oh and your right GAV the compression ratio on all FTO 6A12 are 10.0:1, i don't know why i keep thinking is lower :oops: I think i got mix up with the 6A12 in the Galant which runs on 8.5:1
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

still waiting on details....
noccers
Grease Monkey

Re: [b]I can beat U,[/b]

Post by noccers »

BLKFTO wrote:Yo Blick, I can beat u with my 300zx. Stop start or on the run!!! wanna give it a run?? 1.3 bar boost!! :lol: imma heavy!! and yeah i moved the tiptronic gear shift on the FTO up on the streeing wheel, its fun asss man! like a F1 now fully took the S bend on Princ's HWY 110 km ( U KNOW Where ima toking abt!).
Jesus H. F*cking Christ, beat me with a baseball bat, because it's less painful than reading that gibberish you just muttered with your ghetto slurr!

*Will somebody please think of the children!*
gawk; talk; date; wine; grep; touch; unzip; strip; touch; gasp; finger; gasp; mount; fsck; more; yes; fsck; gasp; eject; umount; make clean; make mrproper; sleep;

successful trades: d_stroy_r, shue, mxysxy, dstocks
bigpitty1
Mechanic

Post by bigpitty1 »

Did you get rid of the AC, looks like the radiator was moved forwards to fit the turbo in, looks good with the turbo at the front, put more pics up, what ECU are you using.
RedlineGX
Grease Monkey

Post by RedlineGX »

Hi nice to see another turbo NON-MIVEC :lol:
Need to see more pics of that engine bay man.

That's the same place I was gonna put my turbo but decided not to because of heat issues. How much boost are you running kermut?
kermut
Grease Monkey

Post by kermut »

hey noccer or what ever your name is BLK fto is like a brother to me dont brag on the net!! tommy my cars been at the mechanics for a week now getting fuel system done heheh...phunga getting me a microtech aswell lmfao :D..hey rexy man drag my mate in he'll eat your car alive :P :)

be nice everyone dont be player haters :)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

kermut wrote:and my babi flies..it eats my frends 01 rexy whos boosted it to 18 psi
haaha chill kermut, you said your FTO is a rex eater, so i guess there are few of us want to see it for ourselve.
kermut wrote:hey rexy man drag my mate in he'll eat your car alive

And now you seem to backing off from what you said and asking your mate to rescue you :P But hey i'm sure we see you at a drag strip one day, and we can witness how fast your FTO can go once and for all right :D :wink:

BTW the Rexy i mention runs 11sec 1/4, fully street legal. Whats your mate got? And is it street legal?