eH?how 2 get rid off rattling in boot?

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Gpx_xxx
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

eH?how 2 get rid off rattling in boot?

Post by Gpx_xxx »

hey ftoers just got maself a 12" sub and it sounds realli good inside but then outside wt the hell is that rattlin don't think its no.plate... :( does anyone know how i can get rid off it? realli annoying rattling sound..
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

sound deaden your boot with dynamat or any noise energy absorption material...

or... just turn your bass down :wink:
Gpx_xxx
Grease Monkey

Post by Gpx_xxx »

[quote="rnbboi"]sound deaden your boot with dynamat or any noise energy absorption material...

or... just turn your bass down :wink:[/qu

dynamat? where do i get that from? where do i get these stuff frm and i like ma bass :D haha
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

your local autobarn will have em. if not, any decent car audio sale centre would have sound deadening material also...

alternatively, you could always ebay it.
Gpx_xxx
Grease Monkey

Post by Gpx_xxx »

rnbboi wrote:your local autobarn will have em. if not, any decent car audio sale centre would have sound deadening material also...

alternatively, you could always ebay it.
haha cool easy 2 DIY? coz i aint payin $500 for installation lol
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

talk about this rattle boot vibration ... p me off big time yeah but i can't be stuff to put any more $ into my car :evil:
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problem.

[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/79682123.png[/img]
Gpx_xxx
Grease Monkey

Post by Gpx_xxx »

akuma3 wrote:talk about this rattle boot vibration ... p me off big time yeah but i can't be stuff to put any more $ into my car :evil:
ahaha i know i just paid $2gran for ma gearbox fkn hell... and now this stupid rattling omg ... sounds so sh*t outside :(
malcolm
Apprentice

Post by malcolm »

used to have that boot rattling, got a dynamat door pack off ebay for about 110 bucks to soundproof the doors but ended up applying them on the trunk lid and got rid of that rattle. Now the car's still making a rattling sound but i tracked it down to the number plates. thinking of ways to apply dynamat to that area but have no idea as to going about doing so. was thinking that if i dynamatted the back of the plates will the extreme weather or rain cause it to peel in time. anyone has any ideas?
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

the numberplate is as simple as putting a piece of foam behind it. just somthing to keep it from touching the car.

i am however, curious as to how you dynamat the boot lid. this could be simple to but looks like it would leave gaps between the mat and the lid if i just put it straight on.
Whats an FTO?
gazeek
Apprentice

Post by gazeek »

just had my whole car dynamatted ... sounded awsome , until I got another rattle in my inside rear quarters ...

So im going to "home dynamat" them ... ie , tape 2 T-Shirts to the inside of the plastic quarter panels ... should sort it out hopefully ...
boarsai
Mechanic

Post by boarsai »

My subs boomed my number plate mounting off the back of my car (on one side). Gotta get it welded back on >< No idea where to get that done :(