Cabling through the firewall..??

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

SilentBob
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Cabling through the firewall..??

Post by SilentBob »

Well...ive got all my bits not and am gonna tackle the installation job tommorow...

any tips on tackling the 'power cable through the firewall' issue

photos would be helpful

Thanks
SilentBob
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

no photos as such, but plenty of patience would help... my installer took an hour just to shove the RCA cables thru the firewall!
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

*blank stare*
why would you run rca cables through the firewall???

Silentbob
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

LOLz...!! to be honest i dunno what cable it was but it took a shitload of effort!
markyboy
Apprentice

Firewall

Post by markyboy »

If you look just behind the battery area and slightly down you will see a black grommet, pull this out and feed your cable from the engine side.Now go inside the car and open the glovebox up ( gives you a bit more light ) and look from underneath to find where the cable has come through, it takes about 5 mins and is easy to do...Good luck...
Deeps
Grease Monkey

Post by Deeps »

GPXXX wrote:LOLz...!! to be honest i dunno what cable it was but it took a shitload of effort!
Hey GPXXX I dont know why it took so long for you but it only took me and my mate 5 mins with a coat hanger. Maybe the gromet we are talking about was allready in use in your car an the installer had to create a new hole?

Anywayz SilentBob, I set up my sound system a little while ago, check out http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... opic&t=723.

Hope this helps.
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

Well its all wired...
took a little more than 5 minutes cause it wasnt coming through to start with, but we ended up draggin it through with some wire from a coat hanger...

Now all there is to do is mdf surrounds for splits to attach to, sub box and bolt on the amp..

at least i have some music through the sh*tty rears for now

SilentBob
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

There is a hole just below the battery with a grommet. It took me about 1 hour to get the cable through there, because I am using 0 gauge cable on my car. All you need is a lot of patience to get that bastard through the fire wall. But if u use 4 or 8 gauge cable it will take about 2 minutes.