What Battery do you used?

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

kni8ht
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

What Battery do you used?

Post by kni8ht »

looking to replace my battery(gone dead on me few times), wondering what battery does the members use. :D

The battery currently in the car is a Acdelco (can't remember what model)
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

a piss-weak PoS not worth mentioning...!!

hoping to get a bigger and badder one next year, coz the current one i'm using is so weak, my headlights are dimming as the subs are thumping! what a joke.... :evil:
kni8ht
Apprentice

Post by kni8ht »

sounds like you running a few bit of equipments in the car... hope you do get a beast of a battery new year GPXXX and get it pumping louder!! :D
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

oh rest assured - it will be fixed up soon enough!

apparently there is this battery (can't remember the name of the brand) which costs something like $600, and it'll still run perfectly even when you crank up your stereo non stop for 24hrs (even without the engine running)...!!

...now that's what i call a battery dammit!!
kni8ht
Apprentice

Post by kni8ht »

sh*t man, 8O

wow I like to know what is the brand of battery
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

GPXXX wrote:oh rest assured - it will be fixed up soon enough!

apparently there is this battery (can't remember the name of the brand) which costs something like $600, and it'll still run perfectly even when you crank up your stereo non stop for 24hrs (even without the engine running)...!!

...now that's what i call a battery dammit!!
I think u mean a Dry Cell battery!! lots of car audio place got them, I just chuck the biggest 12v in my FTO atm!! Didn't have a problem when i was running 3xamp (200w 150w & 450w RMS) 1xsub (250w RMS) 2x 6X9" (75w RMS), 1x 5.5" spilt (50w RMS) 1xDVD player, 1xTV, & a head unit!!! Now i took out the sub & 2 amps.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

LOL Eric... is that you in that pic?? :P

J/K bro...!! :lol:
Biot
Apprentice

Post by Biot »

sounds like some of you guys could go a marine battery or a truck one at minimum.

I must say on the commercial side, I use to grab a 550CCA bosch, but these dont seem to last more than 2-3 years. The Excel one I have now @ 550CCA seems to perform a little better than the bosch ones I have had in the past.

maybe you need a smaller pulley on you alternator ?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

hehehe i know u can't use a truck battery cause they are 24 volt, yeah 550CCA would be the biggest u can get 4 normal 12 volt, at least thats what the mechanic said!!

Dammmm & I though Bosch would be better, ohh well!!
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

hey Kev how much did your battery set you back...??
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Can't remember, but if u want a new one i can get it from motorgear at trade price, sometimes less, depends who at the counter!

I do have a backup one at home if u need to c if a big battery will do your job before u get a dry cell, but is only 530CCA, i think the normally jap one are 400CCA, or maybe less, so is better then nothing!
Biot
Apprentice

Post by Biot »

FTO338 wrote:hehehe i know u can't use a truck battery cause they are 24 volt, yeah 550CCA would be the biggest u can get 4 normal 12 volt, at least thats what the mechanic said!!

Dammmm & I though Bosch would be better, ohh well!!
U can use trucks if wired in parallel...pretty sure this is why they are 24v.

I had a 12v one anyway, many moons ago...bloody big bastard of a thing to....lucky the battery box was in the boot!
Bluntman
Grease Monkey

Post by Bluntman »

when i bought my car there already was a N7 truck battry in it..... :D
Going sideways at 140km/h isnt as fun as it sounds!
www.actionpaintball.com.au
kni8ht
Apprentice

Post by kni8ht »

thanks everyone for the info.. will look at battery with 550CCA performances.

BTW, sbe8888.. that pic is some funny sh!t.. :D
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

I have the biggest Exide battery that you can buy from Kmart. So far it has lasted me over a year, I can run two 600W amps, 9 neon lights, A CD player, TV monitor and a PS2 all at the same time. The battery cost me $90 and works fine for me. So Id say, just buy a cheap Kmart battery, but buy the biggest one!
kni8ht
Apprentice

Post by kni8ht »

hey DZYRME, you running all that and have no problem? wow.. 8O

you got the battery model?? I don't mind try that option first, since it work for you.. and so cheap
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Yeah, I can run all that without a problem. The model of the battery I have is Exide E480H. I think you can actually getter a bigger one, E530 or something, but I think the + and - terminals are the wrong way round.

Oh and by the way, In order to fit the battery in the engine bay, you will have to modify the clamp that holds the battery in place. Its not that hard, just bend the hell out of it.
kni8ht
Apprentice

Post by kni8ht »

hey thanks for the tip DZYRME, I check this out sometime this weekend. :D . let's rock and roll