black fto turbo mivec

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bartman
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

black fto turbo mivec

Post by bartman »

does anyone know this car ?Image
It's a mivec and its been turbo'd
bartman
Grease Monkey

Post by bartman »

n its in sydney
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

No.
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

I think it's in Newcastle.
bartman
Grease Monkey

Post by bartman »

a lot of people r saying that turboing the mivec is a pain in the ass n that its not reliable their seems to be quite a few turbod mivec models popping up on car related sites :?
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

I didn't think it wasn't reliable, from what I've heard it's just more of a pain (which is why its more expensive) but its just as reliable as turboing a GR, assuming both were done properly.
just what i heard.. no first hand experience so get somebody else to confirm it 8)
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
FNTSY
Grease Monkey

Post by FNTSY »

thats my old car and its in newcastle,
i will be happy to answer any questions u have
FNTSY MOTORSPORTS NEWCASTLE
###for all your boosting needs###
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

FNTSY wrote:thats my old car and its in newcastle,
i will be happy to answer any questions u have
how much boost? got some power figures? how much does it cost all up? what's the good & bad thing about turbo mivec engine? please give more details for everyone here ... especially me :D
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problem.

[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/79682123.png[/img]
bartman
Grease Monkey

Post by bartman »

more details pleez :wink:
FNTSY
Grease Monkey

Post by FNTSY »

ok before i put the decompressed head gaskets in it made 240 front wheel hp that is 100hp over the standard mivec,
that was on about 8 psi with stock injectors

after the decompressed headgaskets and bigger injectors made around 200hp with slighty less boost around 6 or something but would have made around 280 with the 10-12psi mark.

the cost of a turbo set up all depends on what parts you use. if u go new or used also who deos the work, the biggest thing i found wasnt the cost of parts but peoples labout and welding to be the biggest variable in expense.

i will write some more stuff later as i need to study for a uni exam lol,,, that was just a little somthing i could remember
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

tell us more then you have time yeah. How stable is it? Too many fto's out there blown their engine up already, what did you think about your setup?
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problem.

[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/79682123.png[/img]
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

akuma3 wrote:Too many fto's out there blown their engine up already
who blew their engine?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

:x
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

but u had it on crazy boost LOL
FNTSY
Grease Monkey

Post by FNTSY »

if the turbo kit is designed right and u dont cut corners it can be reliable but it comes down to how much u want to spend and your target hp out put,

to not blow the engine comes down to the boost level and the tune, any moron with a dyno can make a car pull great hp but it may not last any more then the next 10,000kms. air fuel ratios become important in the fto when turboing it as the standard injectors are not very big so your boost must be limited. (also high compression)

when i used the bigger injectors and decompressed gaskets yes it did pull less hp but i know for a fact it would last a long time and wouldnt be pining all over the place and had room to run great boost level.

i didnt have any trouble with over heating or water temps in anyway even with the huge front mount in the way of the radiator.

the gear box and clutch held up to it on every task i gave it and i was very suprised that it did.

i do believe that turboing the standard car with standard fuel set up on low boost could be driven as an everyday car and be reliable. but for extra protection the fuel set up and headgaskets made me positive that it was all good.
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

FNTSY, if I gave you my car today, how much would it cost, and how long would it take to do? I have a Tip gpx.
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

AJ wrote:FNTSY, if I gave you my car today, how much would it cost, and how long would it take to do? I have a Tip gpx.
I'm very interested in this.
bartman
Grease Monkey

Post by bartman »

yes, mines tip & wondering if its going to be able to handle the extra hp
FNTSY
Grease Monkey

Post by FNTSY »

the last guy i sent a turbo kit to in the uk i believe was a tip box, he hasnt had a problem to date that i know of.

couldnt give you an exact on price but i also wouldnt take on the job as i dont have the time to get it all done.

i say you would be looking at around the $5000-7000 mark for a drive in drive out turbo kit but i couldnt work out the exact price.

the turbo kit im selling is now $2100 with out a pipe from the exhaust manifold ($200) and a few colant/oil lines ($50). plus u have to get a computer on top of it.