Khun Jeng
FTO388
Nacho
Silverfish
RnBBoi
Supplanter
MxySxy

Events
1. Panitball was a great idea but no enough people showed intrest. So everyone decided to forget it. Until we can get 10+ on a regualr basis.

2. Go-Kart Day in 1-2 weeks. Max to ring up the place he suggested and gte prices however the group said they would all go. It would be expected that Tarkus would also go to make 8 ppl at a minimum.

3. Weekend Cruise. On the back of SIlverfish's ida to Falls Gap, MAx suggested a cruise to someplace nearby which he knows. We can stop and stay overnight and cruise the hills the next day. ALso other activites can be arrange such as horse riding and shooting people - :P

4. Pro Night. We will all go to BoardRoom and get a GB discount. Need tyo bring camcorder - :P haha expected cost is around $300 pp. Men's Gallary was checked out and fun was had by all...next time we need more people for a discount..

5. Not discussed. But KJ suggested a fortnightly dinner for catch up. Everyone to choose a day where they don't have Tennis/Netball or time with the Mrs. Thursday is suggested. Plan could be to have a PIzza night and alternate to a new Pizza place each time and review their products...just to make it intresting...Or a Parma review...and follow the Parama web site..feedback required.

KJ
tarkus
Mechanic

Post by tarkus »

OK so I am going to the go karts, when is it and how much is it ?

thanks for letting me know Chris!

and a pizza night ever couple of weeks sounds like my kind of night. Thursday would be OK for me.

and a wekend trip away should be good.

CYA Tarkus (robert)
Money can't buy happiness, but it can help you look for it quicker, in a convertible.
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Go-kart place is in Sunshine, Ace Karts
http://www.acekarts.com.au

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/onlineSol ... 41f1&st=been

20 Carrington Drv
Sunshine
VIC, 3020

I have been there few times and I reckon one of the top 3 go-kart place in VIC. Its outdoors, large track, professional people, good karts.

They do race type races,
3 sections; qualifying, race1, race 2
Total of 30 mins, checkout the race typs in the website, I have always done the Monaco event at $70

Or we can just for Arrive & Drive thing, $55 half our.

Also, I think if you are not a member, then you need to pay $10 yearly fee.

Let me know if this is out of budget

They stop the race 2 times and you get
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Re: Vic Dinner / Future Event Minutes

Post by mxysxy »

khunjeng wrote:Attendance
Events
3. Weekend Cruise. On the back of SIlverfish's ida to Falls Gap, MAx suggested a cruise to someplace nearby which he knows. We can stop and stay overnight and cruise the hills the next day. ALso other activites can be arrange such as horse riding and shooting people - :P
The event consist of driving up to Grampians.
Visit Halls Gap, horse riding there at the best place in VIC.\I have been there few times as well, and if you like horses, you will love it. :lol:
At night, we can stay at Lake Fyans caravan park, in cabins, at around $60-70 a night. Each cabin has a double bad and 2 bunks.
This is an event that your loved ones definately enjoy as well as the little ones.
Halls gap has a great scenic view, and there are places to visit, as well as restaurants, etc...
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

ok sounds the goods....

Now we have to pick dates for them. Initial dates as follows:

1. Go Karts - Sat Nov 18
2. Weekend Trip - Dec 2nd Sat to Sun.
3. Pizza Night / Parma Night. Starting Thursday 9th of Nov. Place to be decided.

Let me know what everyone thinks..
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

khunjeng wrote:ok sounds the goods....

Now we have to pick dates for them. Initial dates as follows:

1. Go Karts - Sat Nov 18
2. Weekend Trip - Dec 2nd Sat to Sun.
3. Pizza Night / Parma Night. Starting Thursday 9th of Nov. Place to be decided.

Let me know what everyone thinks..
I reckon we should just focus on go-kart first, then figure out rest later,
organising one is a challange already, let alone 3
[img]http://www.smyrnaie.com/SeatCovers/FTO/ftobanner.jpg[/img]
tarkus
Mechanic

Post by tarkus »

OK

november 9th for pizza OK, let me know the place

November 18th Go Karts yes what time etc

week end away Dec 2nd / 3rd its our works XMAS funtion, so cannot make it and the following sunday I am father Xmas at the childrens party. sorry guys maybe leave this one until after xmas?

Tarkus
Money can't buy happiness, but it can help you look for it quicker, in a convertible.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

One of the places for pizza has to be Totinos in Middleborough :wink:
LED ALL the things.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

ok Max.

So lets get started...start a thread and lets choose a date...

I will org a pizza night...James has suggested the first place already!

KJ
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

this is sounding good.

cant wait till some of this stuff gets up and running 8)
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

o btw, look what i came across - places to cruise in Melb:
As a general comment, any roads within 100Kms of the metropolitan area are going to have traffic during normal business hours and on the weekends so you need to choose your time and drive carefully.

North: The road from Warrandyte up to Kinglake can be good if there's not much traffic and the road from Whittlesea to Yea is good.

South: There are a few roads on the Mornington Peninsula but it's difficult to find them without traffic.

East: The road from Kangaroo Ground to Healsville via Yarra Glen is quite nice and from Healsville you can do the Myers Creek road and/or the Healsville-Kinglake road to Kinglake & return. Also from Healsville you can do the Black Spur (Maroondah Highway) to Marysville. The Black Spur is excellent but, like the Great Ocean Road, it's subject to heavy traffic and is best very early morning (dawn) or late at night. On Saturday & Sunday afternoons it's very popular with the motorbikes.

The road from Lilydale out to Warburton is very scenic and nice to cruise with the top down on a warm day. From Warburton you can do a quick dash up to MT Donna Buang or go on to Marysville via Cumberland Junction. Older maps will show this road as dirt but it was fully sealed last summer. It's an excellent run but it is popular with 4WD's with big bull bars who think that keeping to the left doesn't apply to them.

Also, from the Warburton road you can turn off at Yarra Junction and go to Noojee via Powelltown. From Noojee you can either go to Warragul via Neerim South or to Baw Baw via Tanjil Bren. Another alternative is to continue from Noojee to Icy Creek and go to Moe via Hill End (This road has been recently tar sealed). For Eastern Suburbs residents these roads provide a more interesting route to the Gippsland area than the Princes Highway.

West: The land to the west of Melbourne is quite flat and the roads are straight. Not much interest here.
the above was from... http://www.hsccv.org.au/

maybe one of the above routes could be our next cruise or something... :o just my 2cents.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

yeahI know all of those roads...when i was 18 i sued to drive around there a lot... I have found a good route in the dandnongs...would be a good crusie with a good lunch and back again...

first off...go karts.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

LED ALL the things.
tarkus
Mechanic

Post by tarkus »

OK where is this Totinos place?

I need a melway ref' please.

have you decied on a definate day / date and what time?

Tarkus
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Here 'tis:
Click me

They are more of a take away place so they only have 3 tables inside and a couple on the footpath, so we might need to takeaway if there are too many of us.
LED ALL the things.
SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

Supplanter wrote:They are more of a take away place so they only have 3 tables inside and a couple on the footpath,
so we might need to takeaway if there are too many of us.
we could just head down the road to the park on the corner of highbury & blackburn if we can't get tables
[url=http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13989][img]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8793/ftoclick6gx5.png[/img][/url]
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

So when are we having this pizza night?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

FTO338 wrote:So when are we having this pizza night?
november 9th for pizza night?? everyone cool with that?? I will post up another thread to make it easier?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hmmm sounds alright too me. I say yes, unless something comes up.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

I'm down unless I get that crappy 2pm-11pm shift again! :evil:
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.