How to resize your pictures

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

How to resize your pictures

Post by Bennoz »

Most people putting up pics for the first time find that they have no idea what size the pic should be. Generally they post up a pic that is massive & it takes a month of Sundays for the forum to load the thread for others. So, here is the easiest way I have found to resize your pic to a reasonable forum size.

Download this & install it (follow the prompts) Its a Micro$oft product & it is legit & free. It is also a very small download.

Clicky -> Image Resizer

Then once it has installed, all you need to do to resize your pic is to right click on it on your pc & select 'resize image' from the right click menu :wink:

It will give you a list of options of what sizes you would like, I find the 'medium' size (800 x 600) is good for forum use. Once done, a copy of your pic will appear in the same folder as the original pic, just resized & renamed accordingly.

Cheers,
Ben
Last edited by Bennoz on Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Sorry to Hijack this Ben, but there's a much easier way :P

Just open the picture with paint (Start menu, accessories, paint)

Go to "Image" on top toolbar, then "Stretch/Skew"

And if the picture is massive, just change it to like 70%, not only will it shrink the picture down, it'll reduce the size of it from 500kbs to like 80kbs.

Good old paint :twisted:
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Guarantee my way is easier! You don't need to open any program, its just a right click. And who uses paint! :lol:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Hey.. paint is cool!

I'm living in the past maaaan!

ELVIS FOR PRES!! WOOO WOOOOOOOOO
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
jakey106
Mechanic

Post by jakey106 »

Every time i try puting up my pics i always get a msg saying its the wroung file or it doesnt show up. When it is the right file and size soo frustrating
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

lol I have already fixed your avatar a number of times. You are taking the wrong link from the site you have been hosting them on. You need to use the 'direct link' :wink:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

LOL i just opened this page and for like half a second it looked like "How to rezise your penis" lol...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

sublime19 wrote:LOL i just opened this page and for like half a second it looked like "How to rezise your penis" lol...
Oh man... :roll:

You got me at a low moment... Im all outta smart arse replies.

Anyone?
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

I have 3 legs.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I have a delete button
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Bennoz wrote:
Oh man... :roll:

You got me at a low moment... Im all outta smart arse replies.

Anyone?
Well read below then :lol:
sublime19 wrote:LOL i just opened this page and for like half a second it looked like "How to rezise your penis" lol...
It usually happen to those who have the size issue and also to those who masturbate too much, which effect their eye sight. :twisted:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Ok you win lol

well time for me to finish work :P
glamorous
Grease Monkey

Post by glamorous »

ive tried all that! i change it to medium 800 x 600 or is it 600 x 800? anyways i change it to that size, i rename it to make sure its gna be the right one, and when i try puttn it on here it doesnt let me.. it keeps saying its too large, has to be less than 6kb!!!!
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

If you are resizing a pic to use as your Avatar, it will need to be much smaller than 800x600. Try resizing to a width of around 120 (and corresponding proportional height).
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Send me the link to the pic and I'll do it for you if you like.
glamorous
Grease Monkey

Post by glamorous »

yeah u better do it instead.. look at what happnd when i tried doing it!! just a little red cross.
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Ben, maybe you should change this to "How to resize your images and host them on the Internet" step-by-step for the noobs... Quite a few seem to have problems...

Better include how to add an image to their posts and avatars from a hosted image as well maybe ?

I'd do it, but you seem to have more spare time than me LOL
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
kitt3n
Apprentice

Post by kitt3n »

Yes! A step by step help manual would be good. I can make my picture less than 6kB, it just doesn show up? And i don't really understand what hosting means.
lwrida
Mechanic

Post by lwrida »

Ben my avatar wont show up, its on my account page but not when i post.. ive got it hosted. i want this as my avatar

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7107 ... 296dp1.jpg

aithním thú grá sí, aithním thú grá sí, aithním thú sibh sin mé bualadh craicinn sibh... FTO GPX 95' táirgí tuilí
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8306/banner2ae0.jpg[/img]
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

:? I can see it as your avatar....