Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Hobbsie
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

does shell even exist in brisbane?

Post by Hobbsie »

i want to try this 100 ron fuel.. but i cant find a shell anywhere :oops:

wheres a shell in southeast brisbane (inala/oxley area) and do they have v-power racing yet? 8)
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

lol shells do exist in brisbane, there's one just down the road from me (sunnybank, so a bit out of the way for you i guess)

but i'm yet to find any 100ron fuel anywhere in brisbane yet. :(

so if anyone know where we can get 100ron fuel from that would be great.

while we r on this topic, how much difference is there between the 98 and 100 ron fuels? i've tried 95 (by accident) and 98, and i cant tell any real difference :?
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

Kallangar has it :D although that is along way from you guys lol. on the shell site they have a list of what service stations have it
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

i tried 95 last time i refilled as well borep. seemed the same until the tank was gettin a bit lower then it started to feel pretty weak. like driving along logan motorway i kept catching myself doing 90 instead of the 100 i usually do with the same amount of foot. then again i was driving home from work at 7am so i might have just been hallucinating

hmm it says on shell site they have optimax extreme at sherwood, surfers paradise, and a few other locations. i guess extreme is the same as v-power. :?
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

Hobbsie wrote:i tried 95 last time i refilled as well borep. seemed the same until the tank was gettin a bit lower then it started to feel pretty weak. like driving along logan motorway i kept catching myself doing 90 instead of the 100 i usually do with the same amount of foot. then again i was driving home from work at 7am so i might have just been hallucinating

hmm it says on shell site they have optimax extreme at sherwood, surfers paradise, and a few other locations. i guess extreme is the same as v-power. :?
i'm pretty sure optimax extreme is their old 100ron fuel. v-power is supposedly new formula, but ppl seem to be doubtful on if they just changed the name for marketing or something.

hhaha, i love it. "same amount of foot" :lol:
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

yeh extreme was renamed to v-power racing
v-power racing = 100 ron
v-power = 98 ron
shell 95 = 95 ron
shell unleaded = 91 ron
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

so it was just rename? actually same formula etc?
robsta wrote:shell 95 = 95 ron
i'd hope so lol (although i remember when i first saw it at the servo, i'm like "hmm... that's new, wonder whats different about it" lol)
bartman
Grease Monkey

Post by bartman »

why not just get some good quality octane boost n add it to premium(98RON) :wink:
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

bartman wrote:why not just get some good quality octane boost n add it to premium(98RON) :wink:
cos it works out costing more than 100ron, and i dont trust them.

lol, nuh seriously, has anyone used them before (the octain boost thingos)? any comments?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah i tried them and higher rated octane fuel and i dont notice much (if any) improvement at all. neither are worth the money in my opinion
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

i think i noticed a little bit of difference today, i added about 1/2 tank of 95 to my tank when i was almost empty (had 98 in there before). didnt really notice much difference till today, my tank was running low again.... it kinda feels like my accelerator pedal doesnt work as well as it did before, lol, i just had to put my foot down harder to get the same acceleration.

btw does anyone know hoe much extra the 100ron is? been too lazy to actually drive down to check. lol
AwesomeAsian
Apprentice

Post by AwesomeAsian »

durack/sherwood closests shells in inala/oxley area

kessels rd, compton rd, milton, sherwood, vic point nd some others all have vpower racing the rest only have 98 vpower
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

yea filled up on 100 ron cost 125c a litre or so, i seem to notice a difference over the 95ron that was in tank before and price dont matter since work pays for it anyway haha :wink:
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

Hobbsie wrote:price dont matter since work pays for it anyway haha :wink:
bastard :evil:

lol, i wish someone would pay for my fuel heheh.

do u remember how much normal unleaded was at that servo at the time u filled up? (just so i know how much extra it is :))
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

MAN BY THE TIME U GET your LICENSE BACK FUEL WILL BE LIKE $2 LTR LOL :twisted:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

I8AFRE wrote:MAN BY THE TIME U GET your LICENSE BACK FUEL WILL BE LIKE $2 LTR LOL :twisted:
i'll be sure to pop another one of your tyres at chelly's formal :evil:
muwhahahhahah :twisted:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

i knew it was u lol.