Metal (music) in Brisbane

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Metal (music) in Brisbane

Post by Dr_Jones »

To quote Dave the lighting guy I don't want to sound like a queer or nothing but does anyone listen to metal here in the QLD section? None of my friends like it too much and I think I might be missing out on some great gigs purely because I don't want to go by myself.

So anyone interested in catching a band let us know here. Remember there will be no kissing sorry although I may touch you a little. Oh yes there will be blood...sorry there will be beer.
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

i like my metal hehe.. stuff like tool and stone temple pilots and heavy stuff like sepultura is good too
AJCFTO06
Grease Monkey

Post by AJCFTO06 »

i listen to it, i just hate the "scene".... all the damn emos at every gig, went to see parkway drive last week they were ok, big day out: tool, muse, the butterfly effect coming up, homebake too and some other smaller gigs if you need anyone to go with to a gig your lookin at ill come
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

very much into metal.. such as killswitch, parkway, avenged sevenfold, as i lay dying etc etc... love HIM.. but your right about the little emo's thats the one things that ruins lots of GOOD gigs.. 18+ gigs arent so bad but there still not great.. god id hate to be going to under 18 gigs again *shudders*
[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/923/msf70lz5.jpg[/img]
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

tool at big day out you say.. i thought that was just a rumour.. ill be there for sure, i was gonna fly to sydney for the concert haha
AJCFTO06
Grease Monkey

Post by AJCFTO06 »

MissxFTO wrote:very much into metal.. such as killswitch, parkway, avenged sevenfold, as i lay dying etc etc... love HIM.. but your right about the little emo's thats the one things that ruins lots of GOOD gigs.. 18+ gigs arent so bad but there still not great.. god id hate to be going to under 18 gigs again *shudders*
love the bands u mention EXCEPT HIM :twisted: yeh i only turned 18 in september and most of the gigs are both ages at the arena..

oh btw... did u see a7x and killswitch when they came to brissy recently? I missed them im so pissed off
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

You need to go to more hardcore metal gigs if you're getting antsy about emo c*nts :twisted:
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

Bennoz wrote:You need to go to more hardcore metal gigs if you're getting antsy about emo c*nts :twisted:
Whoah
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

i hate f&*ken emo wan$ers they r friggin evry where here its disgusting
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

dimi wrote:
Bennoz wrote:You need to go to more hardcore metal gigs if you're getting antsy about emo c*nts :twisted:
Whoah
lol your talkin' to a bloke that has had busted ribs at a Slayer gig & a cracked skull at a Sepultura outing
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

Bennoz wrote:
dimi wrote:
Whoah
lol your talkin' to a bloke that has had busted ribs at a Slayer gig & a cracked skull at a Sepultura outing
double whoah
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

jesus man how the hell did that happen?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Got caught on the front fence in the pit when Slayer burst onto the stage & I didn't have my arms linked with the guys on either side (which you have to do in a big heavy pit) and I got compressed onto the front rail... *pop! pop!* as they both went.... and this is pre - D barrier days.

The busted head was compliments of a somersaulting stage divers size 12 steel cap collecting me square in the noggin whilst near the front of the pit... ahh memories lol
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

holy sh*t man. NOW thats hard core
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

I8AFRE wrote:holy sh*t man. NOW thats hard core
f**k me, i second that