NSW Christmas BBQ! Centennial Park, Sat Dec 16th

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

NSW Christmas BBQ! Centennial Park, Sat Dec 16th

Post by Bennoz »

Alrighty, have done some scoping today & found our spot in Centennial Park for a few drinks, snags & general car chit chat / Christmas cheer / verbal diahorrea :D

This is not just limited to us New South Welsh FTO folk - by all means, if our ACT folk wish to do the trek up for the day you are more than welcome, same goes for our South Coasties & Novocastrians 8)

This is also open to non FTO owners... you know who you are! fto617, GAV etc all yourselves & your cars are welcome.

Other halves / girlfriends / boyfriends / misses' / partners / spooning buddies are all welcome & encouraged to come along.

When:Saturday 16th of December
Where: see map below
What to bring: some meat, some salad & some bread - and chairs / picnic rug / picnic table for yourselves

Other items to brings:
Plastic cutlery & crockery to eat with
Sporting equipment if you so feel! I will be bringing a cricket set, footy & frisbee

Time:
I will be there very early to mark our territory as its first in first served, so I will be in about 9:00am. Lunch obviously wont be till around midday, but if you feel like coming down early to keep me company, by all means do. Otherwise, I'd recommend being there about 11:30am. Any later than that & parking becomes tricky.

The Map:

I found the York Road gates are the easiest ones to get in & find the spot. Once you hit the main road around the park, you can only go one way & you will drive straight by our spot.

Getting to Centennial Park can be a bit tricky. Head for Bondi Junction and follow the signs. If you miss the recommended entrance, just find the next one & circle the park on the main one way road till you find us - alternatively you can call my mobile (listed below.)

Parking is available on the main road, it is also available on the small side road (Musgrave Ave) on the other side of our spot. Im thinking of parking in this side street, as there are less kids / cyclists / damaging items to cars.

I'd like to try for a big photo shoot down there as well, so if you get in early, hog as many spots as possible for the late comers :P

Contingency plans:

Should for some reason our spot be packed by 9am (unlikely) we will move further along the main road to a larger area (near the Glovett St gates.) If we have to do this - call my phone to find us if you cant see the cars.

If it rains - I have no contingency for this lol, however I will make that call first thing on the day. I will post here if I am calling it off, so check this site in the morning before heading in. Again, if the weather turns during the day & you are unsure of what the go is, call my mobile.

After Party :D
As much as i like to eat snags & drink coke, I will be looking for a beer later in the night. So after I drop the car home, I will be heading into a bar in Darling Harbour called 'Docks.' If there is a big interest in this, post it up & I can book a table there :wink: This is also most likely where I'll be if its called off due to bad weather!

So far, our NSW crew is confirmed, just keep adding to the list:
Bennoz
Kazbah
AJ

Cheers,
Bennoz
0416 094 941
Last edited by Bennoz on Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Coupla things I forgot!

I will have a good stock of merchandise with me.

When we leave, we'll be looking to do a mini cruise thru the city... more cars the better!
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Means I'll have to pack some glad-rags for afters then.... :D
Teh Ban Queen!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

8O I dont get it :lol:
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

No.... no you dont!! :lol:
Teh Ban Queen!
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

hey cool!
i'm up for it!
interested in some chinese food?
i can organise that, my uncles a chef in a chiense resturant 8)
past ride : FTO gpx with lots of bling bling
Current ride: EVO 8 with the MOST CARBON IN AUSTRALIA....206KW AT ALL WHEELS
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

something ive always wondered... why is there in every chinese family a chef....

my dads a chef...

and my girlfriends dad is a chef...

and my friends uncle is a chef....

and my chinese friend is doing cookery at tafe and hes from china...
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

coz we chinese make good "flied lice" !!! :lol:
i'll see u there jono:)
come to the track with me on the 24th jono!
try drifting in a safe environment!
past ride : FTO gpx with lots of bling bling
Current ride: EVO 8 with the MOST CARBON IN AUSTRALIA....206KW AT ALL WHEELS
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

lols ill come track if thats 24th novemeber... im going back to the motherland on the 2nd of december after my exams...
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Sounds like fun :P Haha, after 2 years I might actually make it to one of these. Drinking in the city sounds even better afterwards. Only pubs i've been to on darling were Pier26 (turns out it was a middle aged greek hang out... 40 - 50year olds smashed off there nuts and one guy doing coke in the bathroom) and um, the Prymont Bridge Hotel, also quite sh*t but only cause it was empty by the time we got there.

Best bar in all of the city you ask? Bar Ace near Town Hall. Why? $2.80 schooners and spirits till 11pm :P Get in the city before 9 and for $20 you can drink yourself stupid then spend the rest of the night wandering around Kings Cross asking passers by for Hi-5's in the Borat accent and claiming that your friend is the number 4 prostitute in all of Kazahkstan.

Good times all round :)
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Ahh yes, Pier 26 used to be good when it first opened, then yeah... as you say oldies & tourists invaded it! Docks is brand new & I went to the opening 2 weeks ago... much eye candy to be had! Plus my mates works behind the bar, so it could be a very cheap night :D
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

bar ace ftw!! but instead of going to kings cross to harass people i walk to darling harbour!
lol
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

I'm in! As long as it doesn't rain like a few years before??? That was ... real bad i remember :evil:
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problem.

[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/79682123.png[/img]
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

jonowong wrote:bar ace ftw!! but instead of going to kings cross to harass people i walk to darling harbour!
lol
lol subbbiiiess!!! ah man that was the place to be before they started being racist!!

yea bar ace is aight, best thing to do is get a karaoke room and drunk!
plus u can just bring your own bottles of booze in there in a private room, massive rooms.. i think we should do that :twisted:
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

yo! case of beer on me for this meetup.. what kinda beer u guys want? or i can get a bottle of jim beam or sumthing instead?
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Oliver89
Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

Sounds Good Lad! i'll be there 100%.. if i am not working...if i am sorry i wont make it.
Proud Owner Of a White ( Version R ) Aero Series 1998 Mitsubishi FTO 24v 2L Mivec Engine. Fresh Import.
[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2568/fbsig.jpg[/img]
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

8O Work has just tossed around the 16th for their chrissy party..... Think I'd rather go with you guys, see if I can get them to change the date :?
Teh Ban Queen!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

kazbah wrote:8O Work has just tossed around the 16th for their chrissy party..... Think I'd rather go with you guys, see if I can get them to change the date :?
Good to see they are organizing it just in the nick of time :?
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

As per.. :roll:
Teh Ban Queen!
Oliver89
Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

Bennoz wrote:When we leave, we'll be looking to do a mini cruise thru the city... more cars the better!
That is the best idea i have ever herd!

Looking forward to it. :D
Proud Owner Of a White ( Version R ) Aero Series 1998 Mitsubishi FTO 24v 2L Mivec Engine. Fresh Import.
[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2568/fbsig.jpg[/img]