REAR BAR - IDEA

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

dimi
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

REAR BAR - IDEA

Post by dimi »

I8AFRE pictures of his new paint job (good job on that mate) and the fact their seems to be quite a Few Fto's getting around in Qld these days, has inspiered me to post this thought.

I have been toying with the idea of getting a rear bar for my ride to match the lines of the rest of the kit. At first i was told that i didnt need it, but f**k it, i need it.

Anyways

As some of you know Dmd, is one of the few places in brisssy that can source kits, and do a good job on paint and fit.

I Am wondering how many of you have kits, do you have a rear bar???
If your like me and have the rest of the kit, i feel like the rear of my car is just not finished, its lacking something, anywho

I am interested in the d cautro rear bar, he can source it from SSV in sydney, send it up and bob's you uncle, the only problem is that they are expensive as all sh*t for him to get em up here. SSV charges an arm and a leg for this particular rear bar.

Anyways im estimating the rear bar + paint and fit, will b around 800 bucks ball park (which is not cheap) but hopefully if we can get few peeps from here togther that are interested, then we can get him to do us a better deal, collectively.

Anyways just wanted to through this idea out their first before anything, im pretty sure im going to get one regardless.

Cheers
Dimitri
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

800 bucks is pretty decent man. not cheap but not a ripoff.
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

Hobbsie wrote:800 bucks is pretty decent man. not cheap but not a ripoff.
Its pretty steep considering how simple the bar is, the bar alone from memory is about 600 bucks, and then prob another 200 - 300 for paint and fit, could be more like 900, and for what it is, 900 bucks is a lot to make the car look only minorly different.

Anyways as you can see from the pictures this is what the bar looks like, its simple,you could probably get them to attach it on lower if you want a lower look at the back, its attached where it is to run with the rest of the D Cautro lines.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

lets make it :lol:

i'm not drunk (at least not anymore lol), i am half joking... but if its simple... why not try to make it?
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

okay we need an AT LEAST one ounce of weed, a carton of corona's and 5 blondes to assist in the operation before i say "im in"
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

I done exactly that...got them to get the rear apron from ssv and got dmd to fit it. I printed out a quote i got from ssv for the rear bar...it was $650 not including shipping to here. Anyway he (doan i think his name is) said that was crazy and he reckoned he could do it cheaper and just charged me $550 for it. Paint and fitting for my modified bozz front and dc sides and moulding the rear apron to the stock rear(not smoothing, but like the orange/gold one in the pic up there) cost me $1190.

Modified bozz- $600
DC Side skirts- $300

I do like it but i would have liked it better if it was fully smoothed and looked like one peice and i suggest getting the number plate hole widened so you don't have to bend the number plate. Then add twin exhaust and it will awesome :D
Female Turner On-erer
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

sorry boys i think it looks fuc^en horrible maybe look all right if it was blendid but i still would touch it. i love the standard back and the lines from my side skirts actually match the lines of my rear bumper like they were meant to be. and yes damm right twin exhaust umm that will look sh*t hot and i should be gettin mine this week if i get some time off work
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
bartman
Grease Monkey

Post by bartman »

yeah have to agree f86f9n disgusting, keep the factory rear.