I'm a Noooooob!!! (pics)

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

martgpx
jedwabna poszewka promocja

I'm a Noooooob!!! (pics)

Post by martgpx »

Hello all

I have owned my car for about 4yrs now and been a member of the UK FTO club for that time. I have been searching around a bit and am hoping to get as much help/advice from this forum as the UK.

My name is Mart and I have a GPX. It has had some changes in the 4yrs, from stock Steel Silver Tiptronic, untouched by nature etc. It is now blue with HKS bumper, DC skirts and rear. Flushed boot lid and no spoiler!! Also the mirrors are color coded and the washer jets removed from the bonnet and mounted on the arms. I have pulled out all the interior and custom fitted some Cobra Daytona sports recliners, the back seat has been re-upholstered and embroidered to match the front in the same materials.

It's been lowered and uprated brakes etc. Also runs on 18"wheels which are really suited to the car IMO.

I am currently converting from the Tip to a manual in my garage!! This is a bit of a winter project but it's going very well. The manual box is in place and I just need to fit the driveshafts back in, bolt the pedal set in and bleed the clutch and thats all the mechanical bits done for now 8)

Hope you like the pix and any feedback welcomed :wink:
dstocks
National Vice President

I want that colour

Post by dstocks »

I want that colour. How close is that to the standard icecelle blue???

Have you disassembled the lights and painted them too or is that just a reflection??

Anyways, Looks fantastic.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    I8A4RE
    QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Very nice man, those rims look good i was thinkin about that colour too but just way too common over here i needed something different. that was a cool idea removing the washer jets i wish i had thought of that. well done man nice ride
    CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
    jakey106
    Mechanic

Post by jakey106 »

It looks great buddy wish i had the capital to do that stuff but i will get there.
    Hobbsie
    Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

top stuff Mart, definitely one of the nicer FTOs i have seen. love the colour.

so youre in the UK are you?
    oodLes
    Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

Holy crap that's nice.

Well done on the clean and smooth look!
    jonowong
    Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

welcome to the club, looks like your not a newb and know what your doing :)

haha wanna do a write up how to convert a tip to a manual i know a lot of people are interested in it
    bartman
    Grease Monkey

Post by bartman »

wttc, thats a sic paint job, what's the colour called :?:
    rnbboi
    Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

clean :)
    martgpx

Re: I want that colour

Post by martgpx »

dstocks wrote:I want that colour. How close is that to the standard icecelle blue???
    Have you disassembled the lights and painted them too or is that just a reflection??
    Not that close TBH it is a lot lighter.

Yes. The headlights have been disassembled and painted. The body shop did this for me but it can be a DIY job. Some of the UK owners bake the lights in a kitchen oven 8O this softens the adhesive allowing the glass to be removed. Once poainted pop em back in the oven to soften glue and re-assemble. I believe they go in for 15mins on 180degc :wink:
    Hobbsie wrote:so youre in the UK are you?
    yes, right in the middle!!! 8)
    jonowong wrote:haha wanna do a write up how to convert a tip to a manual i know a lot of people are interested in it
    I am doing it on the UK site as a daily diary. When completed I will polish the thread up (remove non relevent posts) and the club will make it into a 'Sticky' in the Grease monkey section. Heres a link to the topic on the FTOOC board http://www.ftooc.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=61352 I think you may have to register to view some of the pix as the are in my album. I will host them and link to them when finished 8)
    bartman wrote:wttc, thats a sic paint job, what's the colour called :?:
    It's called Trophy Blue and it's a MG Rover colour. Not sure if you get them in Oz. The company went bust, mainly due to selling cars that were driven by old folks and hairdressers :lol: :lol:

Here's the paint code clicky here