Where Can I Get a Nice Canon Exhaust From In Sydney ?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Oliver89
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Oliver89 »

ohh okay Understandable... :wink: But it looks better the other way...Grrr.
Proud Owner Of a White ( Version R ) Aero Series 1998 Mitsubishi FTO 24v 2L Mivec Engine. Fresh Import.
[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2568/fbsig.jpg[/img]
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

reading with intrest...

Pod filter - I'm now convinced that its a waste of time...which is anyone reads other posts I have written is kinda different. Stock box gives you better shielding and better pressure than a pod..I will modify one for a new itake pipe from the girille. But you should upgrade to a high flow pannel filter inside the stock box...I have also seen many reviews on k&N and their oil analysis....lots of stuff gets through but they flow well for sure..The Unifilter have tested good for oil quality and quite good for flow...K&N were better for flow and poor on the oil analysis...

Intake pipe... I have proven the stock one sucks and so as UAS. I got their Intake pipe and Unifilter...But my new box will be the stock one with a high flow pannel filter...I got about 3rwkw gain from my intake pipe and pod setup

Zorst - replace cat with a highflow - definate gain. High flow muffler also gives u a gain maybe 7% max. I got a gain of roughly 7rwkw with my zorst only. But that just goes to show you its not too bad already...

Extractors....Talk to Silverfish in the Vic section...he has a similar setup to me but has extractors frmo here, we dragged a few times and we were the same..so My guess is not much gain in thes eones in particular off the shelf...might sound better though...but...wack on an emanage and dial in a bit of timing and u not only fix up your AFRs...but gain, propably 3-5rwkw...although I'm yet to prove the timing bit myself..

Dont do a dodgy pod install. Some tools came into my mates workshop on modnay..I was designing my new zorst for my other car..they bought a *~dreamy~* pod form Autobahn witha kit for his lancer. I actually fitted it cos it looked easy...the pod sits right nexct to the intake man. with no external intake pipe (cos stockw as removed) and no shield...thats like 2-5rwkw LOSS...make sure u cover it..and also try to get fresh air form the grille.search for out posts on that...its easy and cheep.
Oliver89
Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

Interesting! Thanks mate.
Proud Owner Of a White ( Version R ) Aero Series 1998 Mitsubishi FTO 24v 2L Mivec Engine. Fresh Import.
[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2568/fbsig.jpg[/img]