Where Can I Get a Nice Canon Exhaust From In Sydney ?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Oliver89
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Where Can I Get a Nice Canon Exhaust From In Sydney ?

Post by Oliver89 »

Where Can I Get a Nice Canon Exhaust From In Sydney ? For a Good Price...

I want It Too Shine , Because i havent taken interest in exhausts i dont no where there shops are and where they are located but now that i am i have no clue...

anyway , does anyone have any suggestions On what i should put on ? How Big and so on..to Make it sounds Sweet & sexy! :D :wink:
Proud Owner Of a White ( Version R ) Aero Series 1998 Mitsubishi FTO 24v 2L Mivec Engine. Fresh Import.
[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2568/fbsig.jpg[/img]
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

i dunno what the "best place" would be but i can tell u that it should be no bigger than 2.5 inch :)
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

http://www.hitechmufflers.com.au/home.html :wink:

Speak to Lambros. Expensive, but the best...
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

i got mine done at liverpool exhaust
Oliver89
Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

jonowong wrote:i got mine done at liverpool exhaust
Yes i have been Recommened Liverpool Exhaust of people i have seen...And was wondering if i was to hear it from anyone hear...Now that i have and Liverpool is only 10min Drive from me up the M5 i might go and take a look. :D

Proud Owner Of a White ( Version R ) Aero Series 1998 Mitsubishi FTO 24v 2L Mivec Engine. Fresh Import.
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

both hitech and liverpool are good workmanship!
but since you are willign to pay the price...nothing beats JDM exhausts quality!!!
apexi, blitz, kakimoto, 5zigen etc...
nto to mention JDM stuff sounds heaps good :twisted:
past ride : FTO gpx with lots of bling bling
Current ride: EVO 8 with the MOST CARBON IN AUSTRALIA....206KW AT ALL WHEELS
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

I need new exhaust setup for my car soon. Tell me how things go once you've done it.
Oliver89
Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

JOeJOe wrote:I need new exhaust setup for my car soon. Tell me how things go once you've done it.
No worries. But it wont Be Till The End of the year..or start of next year...so if you get it done beofre me let me know aye lol. :P

if i get it done soon...i'll let ya all know dw. :wink:
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Try Best Mufflers too. Awesome service and advice, decent pricing and can order in special items. Speak to Chris.
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

Talk about the db and defect again :x
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problem.

[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/79682123.png[/img]
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

Liverpool Exhaust are a bunch of...
[me remembers rule about not defaming workshops] :roll:

On an totally unrelated note don't you hate workshops who steal parts from your car?

Aaaanyywayyy...
For anyone I'd recommend you throw on a set of extractors before you even consider changing your catback exhaust. You will actually get a decent power gain by doing the extractors (the most restrictive section in a naturally aspirated car).
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

kid_dynamite wrote:Liverpool Exhaust are a bunch of...
[me remembers rule about not defaming workshops] :roll:

On an totally unrelated note don't you hate workshops who steal parts from your car?

Aaaanyywayyy...
For anyone I'd recommend you throw on a set of extractors before you even consider changing your catback exhaust. You will actually get a decent power gain by doing the extractors (the most restrictive section in a naturally aspirated car).
yep, a lot of people dont realise it but the catback is pretty much for the sound only, with no power gain. and if u go nuts and go with a 3 inch exhaust then u'll actually be loosing power, so keep it at 2.5 ;)

i didnt even no what extractors were till i started coming to meetups lol but as ive been told, it's the most "bang for your buck" (now this DOES sound a little dirty.. lol) mod for your car :P

edit: but it'll cost u like $1400 :?
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Oliver89
Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

Ohh Off Course...if i was to get an exhaust i'll stick to my 2.5Inch MAX rue i don't wanna loose power but i want it to sound sweet. :)
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Wouldn't intake work be the most bang for buck ? Pick a pod up for less than $70 and just slap it on lol, then block off the hot air from the thermo fan to the pod. I seem to remember reading somewhere that a good pod on the 6a12 can gain upto 6kws ? Correct me if i'm wrong.

No way should extractors and installation cost $1400 though!
Wi11iam
Grease Monkey

Post by Wi11iam »

justjap for JDM
Oliver89
Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

Delvance wrote:I seem to remember reading somewhere that a good pod on the 6a12 can gain upto 6kws ? Correct me if i'm wrong.
:o If that is true I am running Into SuperCheap Auto and Buying a K & N Airfilter 2morrow. Only if it;s The Correct Information. :wink:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Delvance wrote:Wouldn't intake work be the most bang for buck ? Pick a pod up for less than $70 and just slap it on lol, then block off the hot air from the thermo fan to the pod. I seem to remember reading somewhere that a good pod on the 6a12 can gain upto 6kws ? Correct me if i'm wrong.

No way should extractors and installation cost $1400 though!
Technically intake pipe & filter upgrade is the cheapest bang for buck, but we sorta assume everyone has done that already here lol.

The $1400 Sublime is quoting is for RPW extractors & a full s/steel cat back system. Ie the whole hog.
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Oliver89,

I'd definitely recommend getting a decent pod (like the K&N ones) and blocking off any hot air (from the thermo fans mostly). Bear in mind it's 6kw's at the fly, not wheels. Engine sounds really nice though. Just bear in mind loose pod filters can be defected.

Bennoz,

Ahh ok, fair enough. Sounds about right now :)
Oliver89
Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

Delvance wrote:Just bear in mind loose pod filters can be defected
yeah thats true...

Though i thought as soon as they see it..they'll defect me ?

whats the go...what u mean by loose if i put it on i put it on Properly and Tight...i don't deal with cheap way Fittings lol. :wink:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Oliver89 wrote:
Delvance wrote:Just bear in mind loose pod filters can be defected
yeah thats true...

Though i thought as soon as they see it..they'll defect me ?

whats the go...what u mean by loose if i put it on i put it on Properly and Tight...i don't deal with cheap way Fittings lol. :wink:
Nah I think he means it has to be boxed (and if so he is quite right)

Like so: