FTO VIC Christmas BBQ

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

khunjeng
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by khunjeng »

S1LVERFISH wrote:hmmm.... looks like we'll all be drinking light beer :?
get there early...drink a lot...sober up and be ok for the drive home later

worst case is that we leave our cars there fore a while while we go grab dinner down the road!
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Just go for a swim in the Yarra and drink some of the river water... that'll sober you up pretty quick :wink:

If the East meet is in Heathmont I'll just go straight to the BBQ site.
LED ALL the things.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Won't make it to this one, flying to Sydney for work and might be Japan after...
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

FTO338 wrote:Won't make it to this one, flying to Sydney for work and might be Japan after...
no FTO anyway mate..hahaha have fun in Syd dood
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Oh well there's always next year kev! :(

Sorry Tarkus didn't mean to do that, I just thought you guys might like it if I cooked some. If it makes you feel better, I will just bring fairy bread instead. :lol:
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I'll be heading in from Bentleigh, so I guess I'll be cruising in by myself :(
I can't cook, so I'll bring the ice :roll:
LED ALL the things.
msbchi
Grease Monkey

Post by msbchi »

Supplanter, if it is going to be too frightening to drive there all by yourself I guess I could follow along behind you. I'm just off Centre Rd/Bentleigh shops. Maybe we could rouse Alex UBERFTO as well
tarkus
Mechanic

Post by tarkus »

i'll bring bread / oil / sauce and tools

we might even get to 6 cars turn up, that would be a new record for this year :lol:

Cya Saturday

Tarkus

msbchi, was that you on Saturday night on Nepean Hwy?
Money can't buy happiness, but it can help you look for it quicker, in a convertible.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

msbchi wrote:Supplanter, if it is going to be too frightening to drive there all by yourself I guess I could follow along behind you. I'm just off Centre Rd/Bentleigh shops. Maybe we could rouse Alex UBERFTO as well
do it niggaz...

also...bring some food of your choice...stuff for the BBQ would be best...bread etc also..
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

msbchi wrote:Supplanter, if it is going to be too frightening to drive there all by yourself I guess I could follow along behind you. I'm just off Centre Rd/Bentleigh shops. Maybe we could rouse Alex UBERFTO as well
Yeah, get Alex to pull his finger out, he hasn't been out with us since... forever :roll:

Meet at Coles or Safeway carpark, buy some BBQ goodies and head off from there?
LED ALL the things.
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

sxcfto wrote: MXYSXY - TBA
MXYSXY & a friend – Christmas bon bons :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

This is a bit pessimistic but what are the chances of getting one of those bbq's next to the Yarra on a Sat afternoon on a nice day? 8O Even on the weekdays it's busy there coz I drive past there everyday to and from work.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Nacho wrote:This is a bit pessimistic but what are the chances of getting one of those bbq's next to the Yarra on a Sat afternoon on a nice day? 8O Even on the weekdays it's busy there coz I drive past there everyday to and from work.
Joel have you read any of the last posts?

ARRIVE at 10am

This is to ensure we have one.

You think thats not early enough? I will devise a backup plan if necessary...
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

8O okey dokey ...... looks like my eyes will be pinging out of my head now as I thought we were going for an afternoon / evening thing ... but I guess Im going to have to do with it I will have finished at 7am sat morning after a 12 hour shift so if i can get there I will other wise I might have to give it a miss sorry guys .... was really hoping this was going to be an afternoon thing being daylight savings and a warm day would probably been a tropical balmy cruise night...

Hope to see you all ....... otherwise if I dont have a safe and Merry Christmas ..xxxx
msbchi
Grease Monkey

Post by msbchi »

sounds like a plan, I've been looking out for Alex but have'nt seen him yet. Also is anyone bringing their rugrats (not to throw on the BBQ). How about you RUCHI, are you going and if so bringing the kids?
msbchi
Grease Monkey

Post by msbchi »

Don't be so neg SXCFTO, I think most of us will be there all day so I'm sure we'll all cut you some slack if you arrive a bit late, as for getting a BBQ, I could always bring a few of my pets along ;;;;;;;;;; nothing clears a park quicker than a few snakes ha ha
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

sxcfto wrote:8O okey dokey ...... looks like my eyes will be pinging out of my head now as I thought we were going for an afternoon / evening thing ... but I guess Im going to have to do with it I will have finished at 7am sat morning after a 12 hour shift so if i can get there I will other wise I might have to give it a miss sorry guys .... was really hoping this was going to be an afternoon thing being daylight savings and a warm day would probably been a tropical balmy cruise night...

Hope to see you all ....... otherwise if I dont have a safe and Merry Christmas ..xxxx
just txt me later Toni...see what we r up to..I have a feeling we will be up to something
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Ruchi hasn't been on the forum in aaaaaaaaages... unless he is one of the invisible "hidden" viewers of this forum.

I'll be at Safeway carpark around 9.30.
LED ALL the things.
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

No problem I will have a few hours sleep and then join you guys later in the day ... cheers
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Yes Toni I'm sure it'll be find to turn up a bit later. I'll bring a cricket bat and some stumps and considering we're next to the Yarra every bring as many crappy tennis balls you got! :lol:

I won't be turning up until noon coz I'll be preparing food sometime that morning. I could do it the night before but it won't taste as good. Most of it will taste better cooked on site and fresh.

See what we can do about music as well?! Might as well..... :wink: