Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

BorepYano
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by BorepYano »

is it too much to ask for you guys to let me finish my lunch :evil: lol
jk jk

what about liability etc... i always assumed that they need u to have a current license... but then again i dont really know just been guessing lol
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Nah, you'll be right. You waive all your rights to sue them when you arrive on the day.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Should have my car fully serviced and stuff by then :) so count me in
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

Hey guys, you are allowed to drive on the track even if you have been suspended. Just as long as u hold a licence / Even learners.

That be the rules for drifting so i assume that it would be the same :D

Also i could be down for this.. i might be in a stock car but the track is certainly fun to drive on... i will ask around to see if maybe we could get the numbers up and reduce the cost for everyone.
[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/923/msf70lz5.jpg[/img]
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Alright numbers shouldnt be a problem. Especially since technically im not organising it (god im getting lazy). the guys i talk to who organise them are holding one on 2nd feb. (too soon for most) and then one in april. So looks like april is it. besides it'll be nice and cool for our cars then too.
So by the looks of things im gonna have to get my arse in gear and organise a cruise to make up for lack of involvement.
New thread.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

u will need to have a CAMS 2S (speed) licence and be a member of a CAMS affiliated club to enter. This is stock standard rules in VIc and CAMS is national so i assume it applies up there.

Typically u need to show your Membership card and CAMS lic. to get out there.

You should look into this first.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

khunjeng wrote:u will need to have a CAMS 2S (speed) licence and be a member of a CAMS affiliated club to enter. This is stock standard rules in VIc and CAMS is national so i assume it applies up there.

Typically u need to show your Membership card and CAMS lic. to get out there.

You should look into this first.
Thanks for the heads up.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Thats right. Although some tracks will allow you to purchase a track license for the day.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Bennoz wrote:Thats right. Although some tracks will allow you to purchase a track license for the day.
yeah normally u can apply on the day...but that main bit is ebing a memebr of a CAMS club.
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

I'm not sure about this up here. As far as I know Queensland Raceways sprint days are based on a circuit licence and you don't have to have a CAMS licence and be a member of a club. Would be worth finding out more detail regarding this with the BMW guys I guess. Although I don't think most track sprint days are a 'sanctioned' CAMS speed event when clubs hire the circuits so I'mm not sure about that up here.

While CAMS is national and has national rules the circuit owners will determine what people need to have as not all motorpsort events are covered by CAMS.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

RallyMad wrote:I'm not sure about this up here. As far as I know Queensland Raceways sprint days are based on a circuit licence and you don't have to have a CAMS licence and be a member of a club. Would be worth finding out more detail regarding this with the BMW guys I guess. Although I don't think most track sprint days are a 'sanctioned' CAMS speed event when clubs hire the circuits so I'mm not sure about that up here.

While CAMS is national and has national rules the circuit owners will determine what people need to have as not all motorpsort events are covered by CAMS.
yes u can just get the circuit licenece, AA something from memory.

They wont just let a gorup of ppl hire a track...its a high risk sport and requires decent ppl and process in place to ensure no1 gets hurt by being a tosser.

Id be very suprised if they just let a group hire a track. CAMS clubs have needed to under certain checklists and meet conditions in order to be recognised - this is for good reason.
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

Chris, QR is a CAMS sanctioned circuit - but you only need to be a CAMS affiliated club to hire if you wish to run under your CAMS club delegation.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

kid_dynamite wrote:Chris, QR is a CAMS sanctioned circuit - but you only need to be a CAMS affiliated club to hire if you wish to run under your CAMS club delegation.
isnt that what I said? I think many are

Then for the drivers u typically need to be a member (as the club takes on the liability risk) and usually need to have CAMS or anotehr licenece which I cant remember which is not as widespread.

Thats how they run everything down here. I really doubt its all the different anywhere else as the liability laws are roughly the same state to state.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Righto... well to solve this, i'll shoot off an email to the guy i've been talking to. He has organised a fair few of these before.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Okay i have sent off an Email regarding a Thursday 12th April. Other Days are:
Thur, April 12 - PM Event
Thur, June 21 - PM Event
Mon, August 13 - AM Event
Thur, Sept 13 - PM Event

So we should sorta decide soonish as to what we wanna do.
Also seeing as my love for lists still goes strong please put your name on this list if your keen (provided cost is around $200 or so)

BTW: I cant see this happening too often so dont pass it up thinking im gonna organise another one in 3 months.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

1. Sam
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

1. Sam
2. Garth

Hey Sam, what would a PM meet mean? Start at lunch or later? How many laps or sessions or whatever would we get?
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Ack, I don't see myself being able to get a day off work for a midweek track day... have to book holidays 3 months in advance at my current job... :S 'tis bullshit, hopefully I'll be working somewhere else by then, but if you guys decide on a date let me know so I can put in for hols, at this point - June 21st would be best for me.

if not, I can always just take a sicki ;)
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

So... Just wondering what the go is with this now... is it going ahead?

I am really interested in this, just didn't notice the list thing going on...

1. Sam
2. Garth
3.) Michael
Harps

Post by Harps »

khunjeng wrote:
kid_dynamite wrote:Chris, QR is a CAMS sanctioned circuit - but you only need to be a CAMS affiliated club to hire if you wish to run under your CAMS club delegation.
isnt that what I said? I think many are

Then for the drivers u typically need to be a member (as the club takes on the liability risk) and usually need to have CAMS or anotehr licenece which I cant remember which is not as widespread.

Thats how they run everything down here. I really doubt its all the different anywhere else as the liability laws are roughly the same state to state.
I have a AASA Clubman Race Licence. Basically, fill out a form, give them some money and they send it out to you. You can fill the form out on the day and still go on track. That's all I needed to get on track/skidpan and drift at practice nights, private drift days and even most events. It may or may not be different for club track days.
Andrew
[img]http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1084/silsigtv9.gif[/img]
MSN: harp_dawg@hotmail.com