Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Robb
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Custom Dash - illegal or not

Post by Robb »

Guys I need some advise...

l'm in the process of designing new dashboard/consoles/door skins etc etc etc... l'm going to remove the dash and everything and design my own but l'm unsure if it is legal to do it myself or whether l need to have a engineers certificate or something.... can someone shed some light on the subject as l'm in the dark about this....

Cheers

Robb...
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

My guess is you probably do need some sort of certification. Or it requires ADR approval just like when cars get comply from overseas.

I reckon you should ask the people that work on custom interiors. They should at least point you in the right direction.
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Thanks for the reply D-Train... I might do that although I'm just scribbling down ideas of what I want it to look like so its going to be a while before I actually do something..... besides I'm such a lazy sh*t its not funny.....:)

Robb....
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Have a chat with Craig Dean from Sports and Luxury Cars (aka Crossover Conversions) here in Vic - they do dash conversion kits for US imports like the Mustang and Corvettes so he'd know some sh*t about dashes and legality side of things... I'm pretty sure you will need to get it ADR approved.
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Thanx for info GPXXX....

Robb...