Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

khunjeng
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Active Members Please read

Post by khunjeng »

Hi Vic Members

WHo is active? I notice a lot of you posting and not much in the Vic section.

Do you want a crusie? We can organise one large one - maybe once a month but I need your support.

I will search through recent posts and PM all of what I consider active members in Vic, but it would be nice if you could post up your willingness to participante in at least 1 large FTO Vic cruise.

Dont be concerned about the condition of your car, mines got scratches and stuff also...its not a size contest...its a get-to-gether, a drive and a generally fun day(s)

Please post up your willingness to come and meet the core members in Vic.

Chris aka Khun Jeng.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I'm always in, provide that i'm free on that the day. :lol:

We use 2 have cruise once a month, but it die down. I think is due to the following reasons.

*Most of the cruises back then are just straight line Hwy driving and most of the time we are doing way under the speed limit, like 80 in 100km zone.

*a lot of us had changed jobs and weekend is out of the question.

*There are also a fair few members had changed cars.

What i suggest is, do something like treasure hunt, make it a little bit different, pizza nigt and go karting is already a good idea.

Its going to be a while before we can get those regular 10+ cars again, but if we don't try, we never going to be there.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

i reckon a sunday arvo bbq at sugarloaf or somewhere similar.
say around mid to late jan... make the start time from midday,
and everyone can just roll up when it suits them...
then go for a group cruise through the hills after lunch

just an idea
[url=http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13989][img]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8793/ftoclick6gx5.png[/img][/url]
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

this post was more aimed at others...i.e. not Kev, Gav, Joel, Max or me :P

we need some other to come out of the woodwork and represent.

But yes, I good way would be a crusie to a plcae like Black Spur, cook some food and have some drinks and chat...I will make it intresting...however we need some people to turn up!
mickey
Apprentice

Post by mickey »

Guilty!

I agree with s1lverfish, having a meet and greet somewhere where everyone can have good chat would be good ie. bbq.
I suppose if ya spend more time driving less time for chatter?
Any way just putting myself out there! :)
By the way this should prb be in another section but i have seen a lime green fto around the Dandy area a few times pretty sure its turbo, also looks like the one that was in a post recently all smashed up. Anybody here?
[url=http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ftodrawjh4.jpg][img=http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5628/ftodrawjh4.th.jpg][/url]
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

mickey wrote:Guilty!

I agree with s1lverfish, having a meet and greet somewhere where everyone can have good chat would be good ie. bbq.
I suppose if ya spend more time driving less time for chatter?
Any way just putting myself out there! :)
By the way this should prb be in another section but i have seen a lime green fto around the Dandy area a few times pretty sure its turbo, also looks like the one that was in a post recently all smashed up. Anybody here?
hey mate. thanks for the comments...yes we are aware of the green turbo machine...I think his name is Kermet...not suprise hey...

just doen the road from us really..I'm in Heathmont and Silverfish is in Rowville...not far at all...

Maybe a mount dandy crusie...up through the basin...out to sugarloaf would be some good roads..

Anyway wait until a few others jump on board...then we can organise a date.
m3nG
Grease Monkey

Post by m3nG »

Im always up for cruises, so count me in.. :D
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I think jumping in to the deep end and trying to get big cruises happening once a month won't work very well, we need to build up to that stage again. The pizza nights are a good idea, less pressure on the noobies or those worried about their driving skills.

Maybe announce cruises at least a month before they are going to take place will help build up the excitement and give people ample time to arrange their schedules to fit them in.

Anywho that's my 2c + 2c + 2c = 6c
LED ALL the things.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Supplanter wrote:I think jumping in to the deep end and trying to get big cruises happening once a month won't work very well, we need to build up to that stage again. The pizza nights are a good idea, less pressure on the noobies or those worried about their driving skills.

Maybe announce cruises at least a month before they are going to take place will help build up the excitement and give people ample time to arrange their schedules to fit them in.

Anywho that's my 2c + 2c + 2c = 6c
Taken on board.
noccers
Grease Monkey

Post by noccers »

I'm willing, but finding time and money can be an issue for me sometimes. I work in retail so I work every weekend, fri nights, and most days during the week.

And when I do have the time free, sometimes I just can't be arsed doing anything with it :lol:

Keep posting up events and I'll shout out when I can make it to one of them ;)
gawk; talk; date; wine; grep; touch; unzip; strip; touch; gasp; finger; gasp; mount; fsck; more; yes; fsck; gasp; eject; umount; make clean; make mrproper; sleep;

successful trades: d_stroy_r, shue, mxysxy, dstocks
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Retail is a reason (well for most of the time), but can't be arse is an excuse :twisted: So get your arse down for the next one.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Hey what happened to the beach cruise bbq beach cricket/soccer thingy that I mentioned a while back. This is generally more of a day at the beach as suppose to a cruise thing. We don't particularly wanna be fanging it on a long drive at around a 30ish degree day which is perfect temp for a swim/bodyboard/surf.

You can imagine that would also be a good opportunity for a photo shoot of the cars.........among other things... :wink:
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.