Sam's Turbo Setup progress **FINISHED INSTALL** pics

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FtoSam
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by FtoSam »

thing i love though is 180hp (135kw) from 3,500rpm... :twisted:

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

oh and would the clutch slip on the dyno? cause it sure slipped a helluva lot on the way home

khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Samson wrote:oh and would the clutch slip on the dyno? cause it sure slipped a helluva lot on the way home
yeah...its going to die :P

Looks tops mate....hits max power early...looks like it could make more...but 135 atw for now is a massive gain! should feel like a rocket.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

yeah... feels insane... especially down low.. Have a sports organic clutch going in this weekend hopefully.

khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Samson wrote:yeah... feels insane... especially down low.. Have a sports organic clutch going in this weekend hopefully.
nice1..it would be a massive gain from the 105 or wotever it was before. Looks like it has more power left in it. Juts not sure your engine has :)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Samson, your mods are very similar to mikey's old car and probably explain why the result is almost identical to his when its running on 7psi.

So i assume yours is running 7psi too?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

5-6psi

FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

oh ok, any issue with torque steering yet?

At one stage Mikey's was running 11psi and it got to around 150kwatw, but even with LSD, his car was almost un-driveable on twisty and it got beaten by most of the N/A FTO on the same run.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Torque steer is manageable... but then the clutch.... well... it hates me...

So when this new one goes in, I'll be able to use more of this new found power...

by god... on the way to work this morning... took a corner slowly in second... cruised up to around 3000rpm, then put my foot down, about 1.5 seconds later, boost kicked in and the traction went out the window....
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Although it feels very controllable..Extreamely happy with the way its running.

The tuner said he ran it at 9psi at one stage and it ran fine... though i dont see me doing that...
Just gotta install clutch and my new dual stage (5 and 7/8)

Oh and its running without an FPR, cause the mechanic put it in wrong and wrecked it.

Will be trying to get him to buy me a new one.

khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

your tuner is *~dreamy~* :P

now u can be a FTO noob and just plant your foot everywhere and go nowhere..be careful on the corners esp. in the wet.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Okay... My Mechanic is *~dreamy~*...
My tuner WAS fine till this weekend...

Bit of a story kiddos...

Got new Walbro Fuel pump installed Thursday. Left Friday to go down NSW to visit Family.

Got about a third the way down (250km) and it had sucked an entire tank of fuel... I was astounded... I know i got new injectors and pump but thats spastic.
So filled up and pulled into maccas for some dinner (9pm). 10 mins later i came out to find a great big pool of Fuel under my car and around it (a fair bit!). So tried finding a spill kit from a local servo but to no avail. Finally a cop went by so i asked him for ideas or help.

He tried to tell me my 18" wheels are 3"s over standard... finally convinced him otherwise. Then he was looking over the entire car. trying to book me. Thanks to his partner being a nice bloke, he gave up on trying to defect me. Instead resorted to checking out my police file (which would be quite extensive). Found out my liscence was due for renewal so fined me for that.

Then fined me for a petrol Spill. Great....
Said they'll be in the mail. Good ol NSW Cops.

NRMA came and sorted it out temporarily

I was dizzy from all the fumes, so i let my mate drive for an hour or so.

As it started to rain he felt uneasy driving my car (he drives a $80 laser).
So i took over again. 200m down the road, got done doing 76 in a 60 zone. So i got booked for that, and booked AGAIN for not renewing my licence. (the first cop forgot to tell me not to drive untill i renew it) So my mate drove the rest of the way.

4 fines.... $1015 and 3 points not including the pollution fine (i hate to think of how much that will be)

I get to my parents place at 4:30am. (as opposed to 12:30 originally planned)

Next day me and the step-dad work on the car trying to find the problem and fix it.

The tuner told me that it leaked a few times on the dyno. And that it was the high pressure hose clamp (for hose that connects to the Brown Pipe)that kept coming off or loose. Because someone had filed the connection (i tried to show it too..sort of) ...

Dodgy MS Paint pic:

So we worked on it for a few hours, Getting new clamps and etc.

At the end of the day, it wasnt leaking. So i reversed it up their driveway to put the rear seat back in.

hopped out of the car and could hear something... a quick glance showed fuel running down their driveway... quickly... I quickly took the lid off the cover and saw fuel pouring out around the actual lid.
Rolled the car down the driveway and cleared off the fuel spill (wasnt asking for any help this time)
Drove it up frontwards and no leak... (Lid is at front of tank)
Left it for the night and came out the next morning to start again... after taking off the lid completely, we saw that a hose clamp under the lid for the fuel pump (shown in grey) was too close to the edge and was being sandwiched against the edge of the hole in the tank.
this had bent the side of the fuel tank out of shape.. and also held the lid about 4-5mm off the seal.
It also explained why one of the screws had snapped off (tuner tried to tighten it and snapped it.)

So got some fuel grade silicon.. turned the clamp around so the screw was on the inside, and sealed it back up.... SUCCESS!! NO more leaks...
Needless to say, im quite unhappy with this quality of workmanship and will be approaching the tuner to pay for the pollution fine.

To his credit he has been very nice and has been very fair to me and worked back quite often to get the car done on time.
If he accepts this as his fault, apologises and pays for the fine, I will continue to deal with him.. if not, time to find a new guy to give my hard earned to, and a lawyer to make him pay my fine. (which the nice cop said i have every right to do).

On the way down... 2 tanks of fuel, 4 fines, 11 hours.
Way back, 3/4 tank of fuel, 0 fines, 7 hours.

At least the car is running... and running properly for once..
Last edited by FtoSam on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Oh and this doesnt include me being quite pissed off with my mechanic too..

Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

8O

Okay so we have come to the concise conclusion that:
Your Mechanic is *~dreamy~*
Your Tuner is *~dreamy~* and a Repulican
Cops can be *~dreamy~*
Your wallet now has nothing but moths in it
Taree is now suffering from Sammys toxic shock dose

But you have 135kws :D
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Bennoz wrote:8O

Okay so we have come to the concise conclusion that:
Your Mechanic is *~dreamy~*
Your Tuner is *~dreamy~* and a Repulican
Cops can be *~dreamy~*
Your wallet now has nothing but moths in it
Taree is now suffering from Sammys toxic shock dose

But you have 135kws :D
Looks like everyone is *~dreamy~*.

as far as 135kw, I've drivin my mates 190kw silvia, my dads 295kw clubby, my step-bros 170kw 180.... The only thing that came close to feeling like mine was the clubby...
Its a strange sort of drive... Its not so much fast as it doesnt stop pulling... its just as happy in 4th as 1st...
Where i used to knock it back to 3rd to do a risky overtake (of like 3+ cars) now i just leave it in 5th and it absolutely hammers.

nosman
Grease Monkey

Post by nosman »

yes i must say it was an interesting weekend bahaha :P
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

so what have we learnt?

MAKE PARENTS MOVE TO WITHIN PUBLIC TRANSPORT DISTANCE. lol
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

fark mate.

Looks like i was on the money about the GHEYNESS....

thats some relally bad luck but thats the go with imports and mods unfortunately....

Man some ppl are *~dreamy~*...not u of course...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I love how he asks a cop for help & the copper books him for his troubles :lol: I thought that kind of sh*t only happened to assholes at Lakemba doing burnouts in the local Maccas.... Good to see some good old fashioned revenue raising at its finest!
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Bennoz wrote:I love how he asks a cop for help & the copper books him for his troubles :lol: I thought that kind of sh*t only happened to assholes at Lakemba doing burnouts in the local Maccas.... Good to see some good old fashioned revenue raising at its finest!
as we said..just *~dreamy~*

and seriously come to vic at the moment. the cops are turning up to car shows just to defect ppl! Its quite bad atm here in Vic.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

khunjeng wrote:
and seriously come to vic at the moment. the cops are turning up to car shows just to defect ppl! Its quite bad atm here in Vic.
well... thats a bit rude... r they booking the show cars too or just the ppl that go?

i understand why they would go to the carpark at south port on saturday nights once a while to book ppl, cos there are a lot of "illegal" mods etc, and some of them are seriously bad/dangerous...
make me feel bad for wanting to be a cop :?
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia