Sam's Turbo Setup progress **FINISHED INSTALL** pics

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Storm
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Storm »

RedlineGX wrote:
Storm wrote:Your two choices I see are -

2. Disconnect the manifold from the turbo and stick a filter on the intake. Then you will just be running stock but with a bit of exhaust restriction from the turbo. So long as the oil lines, etc are working on the turbo it should be okay. It aint gonna damage your engine anyway.

Get proper engine management for Chrimbo!!

HTH

Arashi
That is true but if I understand what you are saying correctly you will not be getting any exhaust gases passing the 02 sensor in the exhaust(behind the cat). This means no lambda reading which means engine will/should default go into error mode and run extremely rich. I have in my wideband and when I tested that it seemed it was actually running very lean, as though the computer wasnt picking up the error and wasnt over compensating as it should, so I would reccommend the wastegate open idea first for sure, plus it would be a lot quieter. :lol:
I think I should have been a bit clearer and said to disconnect the inlet manifold from the turbo, leaving the whole exhaust sytem intact on it but just not having the pressurised air going anywhere other than the engine bay.

Arashi
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Okay. Im down in NSW... My mechanic lended me his tarago.. its gold... but runs okay... anyway he said by the time i get back 1st Jan the car will be done... and done properly...
So for now, its tarago time!! hahahah....
NosMan, I have no internet down here... may have to catch upnext time i come down this way... and the car will actually be done then...
nosman
Grease Monkey

Post by nosman »

sounds sweet as. Im off to taree whahahaa :twisted:
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

hahah, im in bris now... still got the tarago. i spoke to the mechanic who got back to work today and he said end of the week... so im expecting end of next week... gawd this thing just keeps dragging on.. meh, least i got the van..hahaha...

btw: was good to meet up nosman... really like your fto... got me all tingly seeing another one.. havent seen mine in like 2 weeks.. im having withdrawls...
nosman
Grease Monkey

Post by nosman »

haha thats funny, was really good to meet up with you and Jess haha.
Cya guys soon haha.
RedlineGX
Grease Monkey

Post by RedlineGX »

Anything new Sam?
nosman
Grease Monkey

Post by nosman »

I heard theres more delays :evil:
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Samson wrote: So Estimated completion date is 19/20th Dec... just in time for xmas...
seems the date is blown out a bit..hehe
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Hahahah.. yeh just a bit. Stupid arse mechanic. yeh few more delays. i've decided not to say when the mechanic said it will be done, because i bet it wont be.. i'll just post up when i have it in my sweaty little hands...
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

I'd say its safe to say - take the 'probable' time and add another 2 months... if you get things done by then your doing well :wink:
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

nah the rule is double the time frame they say
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

either way. I'm impressed u put your money where your mouth is and went for it! so many threads talking crap...when its done...let the games begin...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

khunjeng wrote:either way. I'm impressed u put your money where your mouth is and went for it! so many threads talking crap...when its done...let the games begin...
hehe so i take that you want to line him up Chris?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

nah chris wants to make the sexy times with samson
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

all of the above...

i meant that once he is making more power...thats when stuff starts to break and needs upgrades. Always fun time Kev, u of all people understand the power & upgrade issue. hahah but its not all bad...its fun and u get a decent car in the end.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

well i had the engine replaced last year and spend $1500 a few months ago getting the engine in tip top shape. Already Reco'd Alt and got the bigger injectors. Fuel pump coming right up as well as decompression gasket. Clutch is very very soon and anything else that is needed will be good to replace.. eventually i'll have a new car almost.. hahaha
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Oh and i went and saw the car today... looks awesome.. Just gotta finish putting on the IC and done... He said if he works on it all day should be done by mon arvo... so im thinking tue. either way no flogging it till get computer in on thurs/fri.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Samson wrote:Oh and i went and saw the car today... looks awesome.. Just gotta finish putting on the IC and done... He said if he works on it all day should be done by mon arvo... so im thinking tue. either way no flogging it till get computer in on thurs/fri.
great news!!

So what ECU did u go for in the end? Maybe its back a few pages but I'm lazy to read.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Got a microtech LT8 or 10 i think.
$2000 for comp. wiring and tuning.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Samson wrote:Got a microtech LT8 or 10 i think.
$2000 for comp. wiring and tuning.
NICE1.

that should do the trick....

roughly how much have u spent??