EOI: Polished Parts

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please Post:
* Picture if possible
* Details
* Price
* State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FUS30N
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

EOI: Polished Parts

Post by FUS30N »

Hi Guy's

Just posting up a expression of interest for ppl who are after polished Engine parts ect, Pm me for interest, I am located in Central Coast, NSW, will pick up from Sydney, Newcastle area or post

few Parts i have done,

This is a current Intercooler piping i am doing

4G93 SOHC

My Engine Bay in the Galant (Sorry for the dodge phone pics)
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

looks damn nice. u should do an exchange system kinda deal for the guys from other cities.
<div><strong>My Car for Sale - Contact Me</strong></div><br>
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

nice.... how much to do the rocker cover on the fto
FUS30N
Apprentice

Post by FUS30N »

shue wrote:looks damn nice. u should do an exchange system kinda deal for the guys from other cities.
I was going to do a exhange for 4G93 and 4G63 DOHC Covers, if i can get my hands on a FTO cover il do a exchange ;)
jonowong wrote:nice.... how much to do the rocker cover on the fto
$75, Can Paint section aswell if needed ;)

Intake manifold a bit more $$$$ lots and lots of hard work still havnt finished mine properly lol ;)
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

is it possible to leave the mivec part red...?
FUS30N
Apprentice

Post by FUS30N »

Can you show me a Picture i am not familiar with the FTO rocker cover, it possibly can be resprayed on
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

FUS30N
Apprentice

Post by FUS30N »

jonowong wrote:Image
Isnt that plastic?
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

How much for the intake manifold? I'm hoping that's what he means coz the acid will chew up the plastic pretty quickly.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
FUS30N
Apprentice

Post by FUS30N »

Nacho wrote:How much for the intake manifold? I'm hoping that's what he means coz the acid will chew up the plastic pretty quickly.
Theres no acid used, I can polish up some plastic aswell depends on what it is, ill do a Intake manifold for about $150
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

our rocker covers are plastic? can you still give them that silver shine?
FUS30N
Apprentice

Post by FUS30N »

jonowong wrote:our rocker covers are plastic? can you still give them that silver shine?

Your Rocker cover is Alluminum which is under that black plastic cover, i am not totally sure if it looks like this Motor with it Removed,
If i was to polish up your plastic cover its will still be black with gloss glassy look and probably better to be Resprayed at a panel shop if you wanted that effect,
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

jonowong wrote:our rocker covers are plastic? can you still give them that silver shine?
Chrome plated mate :wink: Thats one way to do it for plastic. Polish usually mean brush/rub/scrub a metal surface until its shinny.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

FUS30N wrote:

Your Rocker cover is Alluminum which is under that black plastic cover, i am not totally sure if it looks like this Motor with it Removed,
If i was to polish up your plastic cover its will still be black with gloss glassy look and probably better to be Resprayed at a panel shop if you wanted that effect,
So this is polishable? is that even a word lol
i brought some maguires "new gen" metal polisher apparently its meant to polish all metals to give them a chrome shine.. it works on the alloy spokes on my mags and reallllllllly brightens up the chrome rim around it... could i use it on the engine bay? :?
[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/923/msf70lz5.jpg[/img]
FUS30N
Apprentice

Post by FUS30N »

Nope, Metal polish only works when the surface has been polished or is a smooth surface,

When i mean Polished i mean properly done. EG. The intake Manifold on the FTO 6A12, It has cast marks a very rough surface, to get that to come up chrome it all has to be sanded back smooth and all fine scratchs have to be removed, Lots and lots of work ;),

So prettry much Metal polish is only good for keeping a surface clean, It works a treat on tarnished metal ;)
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

Ok!! you certainly saved me a lot of hard work and swearing. :oops:
[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/923/msf70lz5.jpg[/img]
FUS30N
Apprentice

Post by FUS30N »

Yep hahahaha lol
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

What would turn around time be on an intake manifold?

And, would you be able to send me the spare one, I send you mine, then you send mine back and I send your one back?
As mine has match ported runners, larger neck opening and larger TB on and don't want to swap for a stock one
I'd pay for postage as well
FUS30N
Apprentice

Post by FUS30N »

i dont actually have spare one, The turn around time would be atleast 2 weeks, to get it perfect it takes a lot of work, if your interested PM me ;)