WTB Scissor Door Hinges

Need something, Put it in here.
Private Sales Only

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

EchoFTO
jedwabna poszewka promocja

WTB Scissor Door Hinges

Post by EchoFTO »

Looking to put some Scissor Doors on my project car. Anyone recommend a certain company's for their quality etc. If anyone is tired of theirs and has them lying around, I'll be more than happy to negotiate a price within my budget. Shoot me a PM, thanks.

EDIT: Must be able to open both ways of course...
Last edited by EchoFTO on Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silverGPX
9.5"

Re: WTB Scissor Door Hinges

Post by silverGPX »

Still living in the 90s mate. Please dont ruin your fto.
destinationtoby
Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

What's your budget?
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

EchoFTO wrote:If anyone is tired of theirs and has them lying around, I'll be more than happy to negotiate a price within my budget.
I really wouldn't trust second hand hinges as I know these have had issues with the bearings going. And you're going to need a decent budget for this project :roll:
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
EchoFTO

Post by EchoFTO »

I know some people see them as tacky, but I like them. My FTO isn't a daily driver. It's a project car that I'm going to use as a show car. I've got quite a bit to put down. Ideally I would like to get it for $1,500 (lightly used and good condition) and $2,200 if new and custom made.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

:facepalm2:
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

EchoFTO wrote:I know some people see them as tacky, but I like them. My FTO isn't a daily driver. It's a project car that I'm going to use as a show car. I've got quite a bit to put down. Ideally I would like to get it for $1,500 (lightly used and good condition) and $2,200 if new and custom made.
I am pretty sure there was a bloke in QLD that custom fabricated sets of these... Around the 2k mark off memory ... Do a bit of a search and I am sure they will pop up ...

Back in the day, I wanted to put these on my car, but at 2k for the set, well I wasn't that keen ... I was always a fan of the scissor doors as well ... And regardless of what others think, your car is to your taste and not theirs...

Good luck ... :)
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Huh .. 2nd thread in search ...

Here you go ...

http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.ph ... +group+buy
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
EchoFTO

Post by EchoFTO »

Already shot him a private message, he's not very active and I'm not in any hurry. I was just wondering if any other club members had any or know of any active companies that produce them.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

EchoFTO wrote:Already shot him a private message, he's not very active and I'm not in any hurry. I was just wondering if any other club members had any or know of any active companies that produce them.
Yeah, not really for a car of this age... Only other option I think was Project F in Japan ... But, it would be very costly to find a second hand set off them, just like the rear lights...

Anytime I have seen someone try to use a universal set, it always seems like there is problems when it comes to getting them to fit the FTO. Yet again, not sure if there is something that you could track down in the states for maybe a Mitsubish Eclipse... See if that could work ...

But am afraid it will all be trial and error, and not many FTO owners would be interested in trying this mod anymore, as Matt has not so nicely pointed out above...

FTO owners of UK may have something as well ... Have seen a few UK members with scissor doors... So they may be able to provide some insights as well ...
EchoFTO

Post by EchoFTO »

Yeah I emailed both autofashion uk and scissor-doors.com but both haven't gotten back to me yet. May have to try ringing them. Ideally I'd like something local to Sydney to custom make the parts for me, but I don't know of any :S
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

EchoFTO wrote:Yeah I emailed both autofashion uk and scissor-doors.com but both haven't gotten back to me yet. May have to try ringing them. Ideally I'd like something local to Sydney to custom make the parts for me, but I don't know of any :S
Yeah, going to be hard for that one... To get someone willing to do that for you is either going to require a group buy (so they can make some cash) or a sh*t load of cash off you for a one off set... Not sure if places like Air Ride Suspension may know of some fabrication shops that would do this kind of thing. Surely they have someone that they oursource work to from time to time, or know of people that do the work..