Group Buy: HID xenon conversion kits ** ROUND 2 **

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

lawrencetlc
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by lawrencetlc »

mxysxy wrote:
FTO338 wrote: If you don't have HID on your FTO, you bascially blind at night.
Second that,
Even with Narva +%30 highbeam into lowbeam upgrade, still not bright
yup yup.. agree with this... but have anyone done any research to see what's the reason of it being so dim?? the modern projector lights (those on honda euro, porsche, mecedes, bmw, hyundai, holden, s2000) are so bright!! and their glass globe appears to be crystal transparent but the FTO ones seems like a semi-transparent one which doesnt look quite the same... :roll:

funny huh~~ :?:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Simple explanation, old technology vs new :wink:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

johhny wrote:*shue .....pending reply
*Wi11iam (6000K) ....... pending reply
*apz-312 (6000K, 9006/HB4)
*bobz (4300K,9006/HB4)
*mxysxy (6000k,9006/HB4) - Deposit paid
*lawrencetlc (6000K,9006/HB4)
*khunjeng (6000K,9006/HB4) - Deposit paid
*chelly (6000K) ....... pending reply
*sublime19 (6000K/HB4)
*EURO (8000k)
*bigpitty1 (6000k/HB4) - Deposit paid
*dannyboyau (8000K/HB4)
*kay_8
*efteo (4300K/HB3)
i've now paid, and changing mine to 8000K please
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

*shue .....pending reply
*Wi11iam (6000K) ....... pending reply
*bobz (4300K,9006/HB4)
*sublime19 (6000K/HB4)
*EURO (8000K/HB4) - Deposit paid
*dannyboyau (8000K/HB4)- Deposit paid
*kay_8 (8000k/HB4)
*efteo (4300K/HB3)
Last edited by johhny on Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

so once you turn the lights on and turn them off, u have to wait for 15 mins to turn them on again?
and thanks for informing us about the blulbs.. a very valid point and I'm sure the majority of us didn't know about it..
I would definately like to know if they're readily available and a spare set of bulbs would definately a big up in this buy.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

sublime19 wrote:so once you turn the lights on and turn them off, u have to wait for 15 mins to turn them on again?
what the????
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yes 15mins is the manufacture recommendation. Aren't you guys in for a surprise.

You don't have to of course, but your bulb won't last as long. Is like you don't have to warm up your car inorder for it to move, but you know you should to let the engine lube properly.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

So have found out what the deal is with the bulbs?
I'd like to know if they are readily available to go ahead with this
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

sublime19 wrote:So have found out what the deal is with the bulbs?
there is no problem getting another set of bulbs for the kit, but im just get a better price for everyone..
Ther
Grease Monkey

Post by Ther »

if this still going i'm up for one..just one question.

Everyone knows that the original HB4's on the driving light are pretty dull even if you got the ultra white bulbs. Many owners have done the cheap upgrade where a HB3 bulb was modified and fitted on the drving light socket.

My question is for the guys and gals that have HID's in their cars, are HB4's bright enough or its better to get HB3's for the projector lamp?
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

johhny wrote:
sublime19 wrote:So have found out what the deal is with the bulbs?
there is no problem getting another set of bulbs for the kit, but im just get a better price for everyone..
nah that's cool bro, appreciate u setting it all up for us to get us a good deal :D

Big thanks!

just wanted to make sure the bulbs are readily available, seems like a valid point that's all :wink:
lawrencetlc
Grease Monkey

Post by lawrencetlc »

My question is for the guys and gals that have HID's in their cars, are HB4's bright enough or its better to get HB3's for the projector lamp?
is there actually any difference in light bulbs in HID??

i used to think they are the same, and the reason for making them being a high beam or low beam is the structure of the reflector itself but not the light bulb? and its the cut-off line inside the projector lamp that makes it low beam??

well i have no reference to support myself, so correct me if i am wrong..
Ther
Grease Monkey

Post by Ther »

lawrencetlc wrote:
is there actually any difference in light bulbs in HID??

i used to think they are the same, and the reason for making them being a high beam or low beam is the structure of the reflector itself but not the light bulb? and its the cut-off line inside the projector lamp that makes it low beam??

well i have no reference to support myself, so correct me if i am wrong..
thats why i'm asking, cos the HB4's have the silver/black tip covering which stops the beam to go in a straight line, HB3's do not have that cover which make them work better in the FTO's projector set up. What i want to know if this is the same case with the HID's
lawrencetlc
Grease Monkey

Post by lawrencetlc »

but i dont think there's a black cover for HID... since HID is thinner than a normal halogen light bulb.. and it doesnt use the filament to light up but its due to electrons passing through xenon gas under super high voltage...
so, i think they produce the same light...

but that's my theory... any expert here??
Ther
Grease Monkey

Post by Ther »

i'm tending to agree..after doing some searching i can see what you are saying... : )
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

You won't able to use the HB3, unless you going to modify it like the Halogen DIY and at $250 a bulb, you wouldn't want to try.

HB4 would be bright enough. If you worry about brightness, just get the 4300K, which is the brightest HID. It does give out a hint of yellow colour, as thats the closest colour to the sun. So its safety vs look, the choice is yours.
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

*shue .....pending reply
*Wi11iam (6000K/HB4)
*bobz (4300K,9006/HB4)
*sublime19 (6000K/HB4)
*EURO (8000K/HB4) - Deposit paid
*dannyboyau (8000K/HB4)- Deposit paid
*kay_8 (8000k/HB4)
*efteo (4300K/HB3)
lawrencetlc
Grease Monkey

Post by lawrencetlc »

Ther wrote:i'm tending to agree..after doing some searching i can see what you are saying... : )
haha, so proud of myself... i think very rarely people tend to agree with me 8) thanks mate!
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Okay.. Is this the same set u sold me johnny? If so i have no probs reccomending them... Also could you get me a spare set of globes??? the really blue ones?? will they work with my setup?
Someone asked for a foto of the cut off:

the sh*tty camera doesnt show it that well... i still have to adjust my beams (Notice left is higher)

Thanks for info bout 15 mins.... i've already been doing otherwise.. ooopss..

As far as brightness goes... I had a $120 set of phillips... they were a lot brighter than standard... the new HIDs.. sh*t all over them... they are awesome...unlike std ones that die off as they get further... my new ones light up my whole street like daylight... but only to the cut off line... no light strays... very good stuff... if anyone in qld wants a lookie, im in surfers... am more than willing to show em off....

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

Damn. Just found this thread. You still taking buyers? I know it's late but I can wire a deposit 4 it today. Please PM me some details. Interested in 8000K.