**POSTPONED** Mt Dandenongs Charity Fundraiser Cruise + BBQ

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Would you like to attend?

Yes, i'm soooo there!! I'd like to contribute to a good cause
88%
No, i'm a tightarse and i will come up with some lame excuse later...
12%

Total votes: 17

ruchi
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by ruchi »

Slither wrote:Ruchi wasn't that pretty much what i said just in 25 lines not 2?? :wink:
LOL! :lol:

If you look at the timestamp you'll see I was writing my response as you posted yours. So I did not see your's until after I had posted mine.
MIVEC is My Friend :D
jester
Grease Monkey

Post by jester »

Last edited by jester on Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jester
Grease Monkey

im down

Post by jester »

Hey peeps :o

Im down for this one! the 17th.. A sat?

U can count me in..and ill be going all the way (this time)!!

Hey mil better turn your system down, so we can hear the
MIVECs roaring up the mountain!!! :lol: :lol: JK

Interesting to find out where we r going to meet! :? It would be nice to roll as a crew...

cant wait 4 it!
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

meet in the west!! meet in the west!!
im in the west....
it will be much easierm plus it will be my first cruize....
i dont know my way around the east....

sorry all eastern peeps... its my first tiem in a fto cruise....

CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

Ruchi, whats up with yr speech mate? No one trying to be lazy about things, or not attend because of the 'kilometres', all we're trying to say that its better to have it at a logical venue or even a neutral one like u suggested.
As Ethan said no need to write a 25 line post when it can be explained in 2!! :lol:
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

hmmmmmmm............. :evil:
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

FTOluv wrote:Ruchi, whats up with yr speech mate?
coz the comment you and Alex made only had your own interest at heart and not that of the rest of the club, and comments like that piss me off. :evil:

You've only been to one mini-meet so far FTOluv, so I don't expect you to understand this yet. But the meeting point has an influence on the number of people who turn out. If people have to travel a long distance by themselves to the meeting point they tend not to turn up. From past experience when the meeting point is in the east many from the west do not turn up, and it's just not as much fun when the numbers are lower. :(

Steve and Mikey put a sh*t load of effort into looking after this club and in trying to get as many people involved as they can. Mikey has suggested a western meeting point to try to get more from the west involved and also to be a bit more balanced, as many of the past events have been in the east or had eastern meeting points. Personally I applaude him for his efforts. :D

Why did I write a long reply? So there was no misunderstanding, as last time I tried to suggest something to you the hint was just too subtle and you just didn't get it. In my reply I also suggested some alternatives, such as a common western and eastern meeting point that we use on a regular basis for all future events, and that also needed more than 2 lines to be able to explain. :roll:
Black_FTOGPX
Mechanic

Post by Black_FTOGPX »

Yeah, I’m with Ruchi, :D

We need to have two meet points one for the West and One for the East.
If we did this we would probably have record numbers showing up.
8)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Ok ok I can c a war going to start, I've been to more cruises then most people in Vic, including the all mighty "Vodka King" :D

What all you guys said is right, so just let it be. Location is important, but it’s only one of the factors that will contribute to the outcome of participant. I think is also how enthusiast we make the event to be.

The "first" major cruise/meet at Albert Park, it took like four months of posting & PM to drum up the entire turnout. The following link would dig out you guys memory, as most of you were newbie then.

http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... opic&t=255

So remember, this is a team/group event, the more argument we going to have, the less participant we going to get. :wink:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

LOL! :lol: Don't want war, just more people participating.

Albert Park was my first event and what an event it was! I think we had as many, if not more, FTOs there than at Mallacoota. Bringing the Albert Park traffic to a near-stand-still and all the picnicers stopping and starring was priceless.

I totally agree with your comments on enthusiasm Kev, and would like to add one more and that is befriending the newbies, otherwise they tend not to come back and all our efforts go to waste. If it wasn't for Scracy, yourself and Eric making me feel welcome at Albert Park, I probably wouldn't have come back, so thankyou! :).
NimZ
Apprentice

Post by NimZ »

well I don't mind having a mini meet with some ppl from the west to drive to the meeting spot, just don't expect me to lead as I think I've gotten lost at every cruise and meet so far.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Nimz, what u need is a GPS Navigation system ehehhehe
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
MADFTO
Mechanic

Post by MADFTO »

Hey Ruchi . . . guess what . . . that was my first meet as well with this club =)

Just happens that scracy and myself were the first FTOs there (and I guess where my reputation started at the same time =P) and we had a good 10 or so minutes before cars started rolling in =)

Can still remember doing laps of albert park =)
Trish
Apprentice

Post by Trish »

guys, guys!! I'm thinking of coming from Sydney to make it to this so quit complaining!!!

just kidding guys - hope you don't mind if I come along and hang out with you. Would be great to see you guys again!
TheSentry
Grease Monkey

Post by TheSentry »

Hope your not gonna drive down there Trish. 8O

If you are then all I can say is...damn! :lol:
[img]http://users.bigpond.net.au/sentry/sig.jpg[/img]
Trish
Apprentice

Post by Trish »

uuummm... no...

Just finished booking flights down...
Me drive that far.. dang... I was tired after going to Wakefield track day last month.... 2 1/2hours away :lol:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Re: ...

Post by FTO338 »

Trish wrote:guys, guys!! I'm thinking of coming from Sydney to make it to this so quit complaining!!!

just kidding guys - hope you don't mind if I come along and hang out with you. Would be great to see you guys again!
Of course u welcome Trish, make sure u bring the finish clip down with u. & i'll burn u a CD of the pics u want :D
Last edited by FTO338 on Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheSentry
Grease Monkey

Re: ...

Post by TheSentry »

Trish wrote:Just finished booking flights down...
Me drive that far.. dang... I was tired after going to Wakefield track day last month.... 2 1/2hours away :lol:
Flying down is cool, but it'd kinda suck (at least for me any way) going to an FTO meet without my car. That gives me an idea. Any Melbourne members willing to pay to have me and my car flown down there? Come on, you know it'd be worth it. lol :wink: :lol:
[img]http://users.bigpond.net.au/sentry/sig.jpg[/img]
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

and don't forget to bring lots of gold coins for the snags... ;)

oh and top up your credit card while you're at it... ;)
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

Ruchi, tell me something and think deep and carefully about this.

QUESTION: If I had only MY OWN INTEREST at heart about driving long distances, why, and please tell me why, if i didnt care about the CLUB, why would I travel all the way to Mallacotta for ONE NIGHT and support the launch?!?!?!!??!?!!?!??!!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

ANSWERS

a) im a bored prick that doesnt have anything to do.

b) im a muzza that like to cruise and says 'sik moite' all the time

c) i like to annoy the FTO club and cruise with them acting like a hoon and giving them a bad name

d) or is it because i generally love my FTO and have been blessed to find out about this site to share my enthusiam with others such as yrself!
ANSWER (if u already didnt know) IS 'D'!!

Just because i was at one mini meet Ruchi it doesnt mean im not an enthusiast. If i knew about this club when i bought my FTO last year in September i would have definately been on the Albert Park cruise.

Unlike u i dont question why u werent at Mallacotta because i know that yr a enthusiast and you probably had a legit reason for not coming.

So PLEASE, dont EVER say i only take my own interest at heart and not the club, i , like yrself would love to see the club grow. Thats why i suggest to have a proper meeting place because i know OTHERS might not attend if its too out of their way.