check out my turbo setup at half the price not 10,000 :P

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

SG
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by SG »

i just came back from a raceday yesterday that had a 11sec wrx in it... i can tell you it flies like nothing ive seen! down pit straight when he changes gears flames come out the exhaust, wastegate under the engine, every orifice etc you can think of.. did a good 6-10 secs a lap faster than me too on a ~1min short course at barbagello

theres rex's, and then theres the 11sec race-tuned ones :D
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

so mohd finally fixed your your car huh? i like the turbo set up. change your interior please man! do something bout it. according to one of the boys at mohd's he said u were having trouble with it heating up and stuff like that. so whos this guy who turbo'ed your car? is he around dandy as well?
<div><strong>My Car for Sale - Contact Me</strong></div><br>
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

seen a fair few rex's that do sub 12s...my gtst skyline will do 12s so whats the big deal? Many of the skylines in my club with do 12s...a few do 11s...
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

khunjeng wrote:still waiting on details....
no doubt it's a backyard job :)

If only it was so cheap to get a good turbo setup, then everybody would have one by now.

I'm not by any means taking anything away from the fact that you've got a fast, turbo fto, but personally I wouldn't get it done for anything under $9000 minimum to make sure my baby's getting top quality sh*t! :twisted:
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

sublime19 wrote:
khunjeng wrote:still waiting on details....
no doubt it's a backyard job :)

If only it was so cheap to get a good turbo setup, then everybody would have one by now.

I'm not by any means taking anything away from the fact that you've got a fast, turbo fto, but personally I wouldn't get it done for anything under $9000 minimum to make sure my baby's getting top quality sh*t! :twisted:
How the hell did you deduce that?

Too much time spent reading forums my good man, not enough time talking to workshops!
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

hey, your the one that told me that it's at least $10k for a good setup lol, and thats what I was saying that based on :P

unless of course he's a mechanic and did it himself then I can see how he did that cheap (im guessing)

anywa.. ill just shutup now :roll:
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
RedlineGX
Grease Monkey

Post by RedlineGX »

sublime19 wrote:
I certainly understand your perspective but just because you spend a lot of money doesnt mean you're going to get top quality anything. You could still end up with just the sh*t!

Personally if I was going to spend 10,000 on a turbo then I would probably buy another car. And obviously a lot of people feel that way or as you mentioned they would have a turbo in by now.
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

a fast fto is good!
but man....stop trying to bag out skylines/wrx and stuff...
with your current mods, u may keep up of beat them on a roll,
but have u thought about them with basic mods like turboback exhaust, intake and ecu?
they'll rape u instantly laughing at your ass why u even bother spending money turboing a beautiful NA car...
past ride : FTO gpx with lots of bling bling
Current ride: EVO 8 with the MOST CARBON IN AUSTRALIA....206KW AT ALL WHEELS
kermut
Grease Monkey

Post by kermut »

hahah half the guys on ere are funny cause there trying to compare a front wheel with a all wheel...all i said was i can BEAT my frends wrx not every wrx thats worked off there ass...so get a clue...theres no such thing as a sh*t setup or a good set up its all in the tuning !!!! and im frends withe guy that did it for me aswell :P...and pics ill put some more up when i get the car back dont have it atm its getting fuel system upgrade n new body kit...my interior is fine cept u cant see for sh*t when its sunny cause it glares lmfao :(...any more crap i have to listen to from saying i beat my frends wrx n not every rex??
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

kermut wrote:hahah half the guys on ere are funny cause there trying to compare a front wheel with a all wheel...all i said was i can BEAT my frends wrx not every wrx thats worked off there ass...so get a clue...theres no such thing as a sh*t setup or a good set up its all in the tuning !!!! and im frends withe guy that did it for me aswell :P...and pics ill put some more up when i get the car back dont have it atm its getting fuel system upgrade n new body kit...my interior is fine cept u cant see for sh*t when its sunny cause it glares lmfao :(...any more crap i have to listen to from saying i beat my frends wrx n not every rex??
how about u tell us about your turbo? and what did it run on the dyno? and don't give us some bs about it not being dyno's as u just wet on about the tune and the fact u ran it on the road already. Post up the graph, the afrs etc and then I we will see.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

kermut wrote:hahah half the guys on ere are funny cause there trying to compare a front wheel with a all wheel...
You only got yourself to thank for as you the one who started the comparison :lol: And i'm sure when you mention 18psi, you try to make it sounds like that your mate's WRX is hotted up. :roll:

Anyway like i said, no point of just cheap talk about it, see you at the drag strip. :wink: Don't worry we won't ask for your "Notice Of Dispoals" there, we all just want to have a good time :D
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

whocares who is quicker you can make any car fast with money.

VL turbos run 8-9s over the quarter, thats quick! I hate VLs!
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Kermut, I wouldn't worry about what some of these guys think. Good on ya I say. Less talk, more action. If I could get of my arse and save a few $$$ and turbo my FTO, I'd be well made up and want to tell everyone too. I would genuinely like to here more about how you did it. Any problems you had and what parts you used.
kermut
Grease Monkey

Post by kermut »

my mates rexy has a front mount thats it n boosted :P.. ac was in the way so it had to go..other den dat fuel was the only other problem thats fixed aswell now..but the projects still going still got heaps more to go on the car
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

kermut wrote:my mates rexy has a front mount thats it n boosted :P.. ac was in the way so it had to go..other den dat fuel was the only other problem thats fixed aswell now..but the projects still going still got heaps more to go on the car
I think lots of people are really interested to get detailed feedback on what was done to your car.... anything else you can tell us?
kermut
Grease Monkey

Post by kermut »

hey euro i think u one of the ok ppl on ere...but yeah my cars still at the mechanics..when she home and complete fully ill make a list n post charts n what so on :)
RedlineGX
Grease Monkey

Post by RedlineGX »

Looking forward to seeing the setup man 8)
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

kermut wrote:hey euro i think u one of the ok ppl on ere...but yeah my cars still at the mechanics..when she home and complete fully ill make a list n post charts n what so on :)
shucks lol, looking forward to seeing and hearing more mate :)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah man im definitly keen to hear more. sh*t man i got the 5K already just need some1 who knows what they are doin to help. I have asked ppl if they know a mechanic to approach but the answer gets lost or something lol. and i dont want to go to mechanic that goes yeah i can do it for 5k and then 10k later goes............ probably gonna need anbother 5k. Cause seriously i used to be a mechanic (only just passed cert then quit so not much expeience especially with turbos) and i know some can be dodgy as all hell.

ps i live in qld
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

doing some turbo research, when i should be studying for my finals....

ive just noticed you dont have a radiator fan set up? or is it unclear from the photos? 8O

how do u manage to keep water temp down?

and is it ok to just shove a intercooler infront of our existing radiator and starve it of cold air?

these are serious questions, not trying to sarcastically insult your set up