Nvr2lows 6a13 conversATION WITH BEN ABOUT HIS CONVERSION

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

nvr2low
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by nvr2low »

well I tried to understand that micheal haha. But the standard piping on the 6a13 I think is either 2 inch or 1.5 and their exhaust are normal 2.5inch mate. Also their isint much room in out engine bay mate. I would love to know what size bens piping is
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey guys updatee.

we put the drive shafts in today and thank god i have the right ones. my car is going in tommorow to have all the intercooler piping taken care of and the turbo intake pipes.

also put heater pipes and fuel lines back on. Radiator is back in the car and will be working on the thermo fan issue very soon as the mechanic wants to use push type fans.

still waiitng on damn loom
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

ok finally got a update on the loom. The guy rang up and said he is doing the final touches on the loom.

The intercooler is mounted and the pipe from intercooler to the throttle body is done.
The piping is also done in mild steel not aliumnum
They have don't something different with the piping the the turbo to the intercooler. The rear turbo goes in 2 inch from the turb through the hole in the body and stops before the intercooler.
The front turbo also in 2 inch runs under the bottom of the car and stops just near the intercooler then goes into a a single 2.5 inch pipe into the intercooler.
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

why not just use an intercooler with 2 inlets on the same side?? Hope they're doing a good job mate and you're not getting ripped!
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

their doing a good job I will gt a good pic when I go their on friday. I can't use a intercooler with the to inlet and outlet on same side because of the rear turbo mate their is no room as it is on the passenger side mate.
Jamie
Grease Monkey

Post by Jamie »

^^^I think you will find he means an intercooler with two inlets on one side and two outlets on the other. Basically two cores stacked on top of one another.

Got any more photos yet?
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

oh yh guys I have managed to keep the battery in the bonett yay
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

FMIC and piping looks sweet mate :D
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

yh mate thanks a lot i will get better pics as i got rung today and got told it is finished yay. well the intercooler and piping anyways gotta just finish all the lilttle things.
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

Looks bloody good mate, you sure you can keep the battery there? Where you routing the intake for the turbos? And where you putting the AFM (if keeping it that is)

battery to boot battery to boot battery to boot battery to boot battery to boot
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

we are lengthing the cables on the maf sensor so i can put the sensor and put right were the old one used to sit. They have already done all the piping and had the battery in the car when they did it mate. It look sex on wheels i cant wait for it 2 be done just now waiting on damn stupid loom and thermo fans and KaNpod filter.
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

very nice mate! this is long overdue LOL glad to see it wont be much longer.... dyno & put it on the strip :D
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

yeah man thank god it is finally coming along. the only problem i got is that because the way they done the front turbo intercooler piping i might have to put one fan on the other side of the radiator. but time will come for that next week ihope.

it is giving me this sh*ts so many little things to be done.

found out today that he hasnt finishd the front turbo actuator yet he has cut it and got it ready but not re weleded it togther
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

I still think these guys sound like muppets! How much have you spent onit so far? Sounds like it's going to be very expensive... still, getting htere

I know you will love it :D:D:D
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

intercooler and piping installed was 1350 they did it in mild steel and goin to paint it red. Exhaust 700.
I haven't paid the actually mechanic anything yet man and this intercooler piping and exhaust is getting done by a difference work shop mate. It goes back to the other guys on tuesday for them to finish the car.
I ordered the thermo fans and the kAn podfilter for the maf sensor last night should all be here this week I hope.
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

But have the mechanics given you any idea of the cost yet? I remember a while ago you mentioned a budget of ~$5k, you are getting near that magic number already! Unless of course that was just $5k for the install of the engine (and not all the piping etc)

Smooth and sleepy

nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

piping and all that is extra buddy and yh the budget dunno were that is anymore lol.
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

I don't like the way that sounds mate, sounds like you may have lost control of the project... hope they don't try to rip you!!! Good luck

Smooth and sleepy

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I can see this getting very ugly
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...