Group Buy Leather (look alike) Seats (Finished)

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Boris
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Boris »

G_A_V wrote:adriano we all really appreciate your sisters work in organising the shipping side of this
Yeah, i agree... If you want us to pay more money for shipping/handling let us know. I can't wait for the seats!

fto12345 / GAV, I think some of the negotiations you two have been doing in this thread will be best suited to PM's...

:wink:
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

heheh...

Sorry that's my fault.
I couldn't get in contact with GAV so I went ahead and started posting.
It's my fault!!

Sorry....will not do this in the future.

Thank you for pointing it out Boris....
:)
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

i messaged my sister today and she said she'll be bringing all the seats, that's 11 sets as baggage... so that'll be around 50kilos all up!! there are 4 people coming back, they're allowed 20kilos each... i think they have 80 kilos of baggage already so the rest will be excess baggage... so hopefully at this time of the year they will be lenient with baggage, if not she will have to end up paying $20US per kilo for excess!!
once we get the seats on saturday, we will work out how much each person will have to pay... so guys try and do the maths, if we have to pay the full excess baggage it works out to be $50each on top of $180, not including my sister's cut...
fedex wouldn't ship it, box is too bulky although it only weighs 4.5 kilos each set...
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

No probs, I think they are a bargain anyway..... So an extra 50 doesn't hurt the bank too much. Because your sister has done a lot for this group buy!

Thanks again! :D
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

I thought I'll just ask if any one knows when will we know what is happening here?

Sorry I just couldn't wait any longer and nothing is being said about when we'll know of any thing so I thought I'll just post rather than keep coming on on to this forum and just keep checking without any success...

Some sort of rough time would be great...

Thanks a lot.
:oops:
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

THEY'RE HERE!!!!!! :D

just got the seats today and they look great!!!
got all 11 sets with me... i really like the white set that Vlad ordered :)

unfortunately those who order them will have to pay extra...
i know i said initially it will cost $180, but because my sister broughht all the seats with her, she ended up paying for 28kilos of excess baggage!!!lucky they only charge for 28kilos instead of 60kilos... i have the receipt if anyone wants to see...

excess was $20US / kilo, so;

28kilos x $20US = $560US
$560US = $740AUS

so we owe my sister $740 (for postage) and $360 for her efforts....
total of $1100AUS

$1100AUS divided by 11 people = $100AUS

the seats cost $120AUS each set...

$120(seat) + $100(postage and sis' cut) = $220AUS

$220 minus $180(already paid) = $40AUS

so, per person you need to pay $40 extra...
for those with extra material, that will be $50 extra... ($10 for 1m x 1m material)

hope this is clear...
i have the seats with me right now, so if you are in sydney and you want to pick it up, let me know, my mobile is 0404848103...
to those who are interstate, maybe GAV can organise postage to you and arrange with you guys??

i got a bright red set done for myself, just like the gpvr seats, but for the right price i might decide to sell it to anyone who wants it... just being lazy to replace my black one thats all..... its not leatherette, it's velvet fabric....

thanks guys! and hopefully the calculations above are clear...
cheers
voltaire

G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

YAY !!! thanks a lot adriano for all your work, and you sister is a bloody legend !!
So people $40 extra + those who got extra material need an extra $10 on top of that, if you guys could email me whne you deposited the extra money. Hopefully no one minds the extra, it still makes these seats damn cheap.
So here is the order and who is picking up and stuff, im not sure who is wants to do what, but you melb guys might be able to get them all shipped to one address and then pickup from that address to save money
G_A_V N/A
MXYSXY Melbourne
D_stroy_r
fto12345 Pick Up
Melbourne
HEK-71Q not sure
Silentbob Pick Up
ftoboi WA
Boris ACT
ellusion not sure
onnzo Vic

Everone get in contact with me asap on how you would like the seats shipped and ill get a quote on monday on shipping costs so you guys can pay the extra money plus shipping. Im not sure who ended up getting the extra material in time, so ill try pick the seats and stuff up this arvo and work it out.
onnzo
Grease Monkey

Post by onnzo »

GAV,
I've been trying to email you but it keeps bouncing.

I've transferred the extra $40 - check you pm.

Michael
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Damm, they are hot! I want every one of those!
On the first picture with the materials, the bottom material, is that the colour of mine? Dark Grey? :P

Gav, PM & Money Sent!

Adriano & Adriano's Sis THANKS!!!!! (& Gav) :lol: :wink:

Boris :wink:
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

Me, Ftoboi and ellusion are from WA.

You can send it to one person, then it can be distributed.

How much does it usually cost to send it to perth?
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

Postage will be worked out tomorrow
i installed one of my seats today, it looks pretty good, took bloody ages.

I am not sure how to tiddy up the extra flaps see these pics, how did you do it adriano ?
Also i got everyones seats, i will organise postage tomorrow, + my email addy is screwed atm, stupid tpg, pm if you need to know anything
ed
Grease Monkey

Post by ed »

gav did you took the whole seat out? i think you can improve those creases. ive used wire straps to stick it to the seats, just like adriano did. it will look like an upholstred not a car cover. :wink:
ed
Grease Monkey

Post by ed »

i dont wanna sound repetitive, to those who will just about to take their seats off, be carefull not to remove the metal wire that is attached to the foam. BE PATIENT! it will affect the apperance of the seats, CREASE wise.
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

Any detailed information on how to stick it to the seats?
You said you used wire straps to do this.

How?

Much appreciated.

Thank you
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

yeah i removed one wire strap, by accedent, but the rest i can proberbly strap it to, it was a bit of a rush job cause i had sooooo much to do today, ill proberbly take it all of and re do it later in the week
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

GAV, did you use the wires that were attached to the old seat covers?
as long as you fix it exactly like how the original seats were fixed you would be alright....
i didnt get extra flaps from my one, i remember the bottom half of the front seats, the half that you sit on, it had elastic garters so it was pretty easy to fit.. with this batch, i dont ithink it has garters, so you might have to again use cable ties to fit it....
guys allow plenty of time to fit the covers... it took me 2 days to finish the job properly... be patient when removing the original covers...
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

i cheked the parcel posting for 3 people from Sydney to Perth;

it would cost about $40 in total.
ed
Grease Monkey

Post by ed »

dont pull the "rings"with pliers, instead use the pliers to hold the ring, then used a pointed object, insert it in the ring then push the pointed object circularly till you get enough opening to slip the ring out. pulling it will damaged the wires beneath the foam! then put the new ones using the wire straps, use a small/medium ones. be sure to pull it to its narrowest so that the material will be hugging the seats. u need to do a lot of pulling (the fabric) so that it will fit perfectly! i hope this helps. be sure you had something to eat, coz it will drain your energy out! hehehe.
the backseat are much easier to fit.
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Looking, and reading what you guys wrote, this is just an idea, but you will probably find that a hairdrier will heat up the fabric, and make it stretch and fit better... maybe...

Can't wait to have my seats!

:wink:
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

just wondering, altough you guys have mentioned it already.
Do you have to take the original off?
Or can you leave it and cover over it?

Thank you,

And I don't get what eh difference between the ring you guys are talking about, which I am assuming is what's on the back of the front seats at the back bottom that holds the material stretched, and the wire straps.

Thank you if any one can clarify.

:)