Valandis Build

A place for members to show off their pride & joys.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Valandis91
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: My FTO is getting the works! Dyno sheet on page 19.

Post by Valandis91 »

SG wrote:Yeah see, dodgy dyno hp readings :P

I think 6.9 is fast for a non launch and 5.2 is very fast for not having a lsd. Sounds like a lot of top end speed... 8O I think if you took it to the drags as it is you might get an interesting time.

Do you think the torque converter is taking load when changing gears as if the brakes were on when standing still? Maybe the torque converter needs a bit of an adjustment do you reckon or a larger one put in?
yeah once it gets going it absolutely flies.

depending on cost i dont think that can happen. plus i didnt think you could get anything different for the gearbox?
only thing i heard is some place on the mainland flashes the auto ecu which quickens the changes but makes it harsh to change gears when not giving it to it.

it could be taking load. eg. flooring lift off to change gear, gear changes. apply throttle gearbox seems to slip then drops revs and lose bit of momentum.\
cos of the much more torque i get in mivec i think it has to drop the revs so that it can engage the gear properly... hmmm

definitely slowing me down though.

manual gearbox in a couple of years :) enough cash for now haha cant afford it.
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

Eek yeah it looks like you spent a lot.

Sounds like when you lift off its changing gears... did you use the tiptronic switches to change during the run or let it change on its own..?
Valandis91
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Valandis91 »

SG wrote:Eek yeah it looks like you spent a lot.

Sounds like when you lift off its changing gears... did you use the tiptronic switches to change during the run or let it change on its own..?
tiptronic of course. not sure what it'd be like with full auto. hmmm
evoman
Grease Monkey

Post by evoman »

Vids or ban!!!!I wanna hear this thing again dammit.

Hmm...I don't mean to be overly critical or anything, but I would be extremely surprised if those figures were correct. That would be a VERY fast 0-100 time.

Do you or any of your friends have an iphone? If so, download the Dynolicious app and take it for a run and post up your graph.
Valandis91
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Valandis91 »

evoman wrote:Vids or ban!!!!I wanna hear this thing again dammit.

Hmm...I don't mean to be overly critical or anything, but I would be extremely surprised if those figures were correct. That would be a VERY fast 0-100 time.

Do you or any of your friends have an iphone? If so, download the Dynolicious app and take it for a run and post up your graph.
i can post up the datalog if u really want... its 100% spot on.

ill take a vid but my internet is not that fast plus im a busy boy. but ive found the perfect place to do one.

should hopefully be coming soon
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Lol I just got the Dynolicious looks cool :D
will have to test it out when I get the car back.
spency
Mechanic

Post by spency »

Vandil, I've got an iPhone we can use for the dyno app, go you halves in it if you want :P
Valandis91
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Valandis91 »

spency wrote:Vandil, I've got an iPhone we can use for the dyno app, go you halves in it if you want :P
halves for the dyno run?
spency
Mechanic

Post by spency »

i bought the app like 20 mins ago.

keen to give it a go over the weekend sometime?

pm me your mobile number
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Valandis91 wrote:had nothing to do really today so thought i'd finally do a 0-100 time using the datalogging off the emanage.

Remember this car isnt tuned yet. Is tiptronic. Just not running right.

anyways. the first run i did. no launch did 0-100.... 6.9 seconds. dodgy slipping gear change from 1st to 2nd though
the tried again with loading the torque convertor to 2000rpm.
got 0-100 in 5.2 seconds 8O with a quick good solid gear change as well.

i didnt realise it was that fast. im having difficulty finding the best way to change gears.....

if i keep my foot planted the gearbox sometimes slips due to the torque.
then if i lift off and plant it when it changes gear the wheels spin and i get major torque steer then the revs drop

due to the much larger profile on the non mivec cams it seems to struggle a bit due to being rich and ignition timing being off. but once mivec kicks in... wow. as mivec has only been increased a small amount.

hopefully get it tuned in the coming weeks. will keep updated.
So in basic terms you get an extra to 100km/h quicker by stalling to 2000rpm? That means your car spends 1.7 seconds to get from idle to 2000rpm. Surely going by that you can determine that measuring tool your using is wrong!

Good times but highly unlikely.
Valandis91
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Valandis91 »

payaya wrote:
Valandis91 wrote:had nothing to do really today so thought i'd finally do a 0-100 time using the datalogging off the emanage.

anyways. the first run i did. no launch did 0-100.... 6.9 seconds. dodgy slipping gear change from 1st to 2nd though

i didnt realise it was that fast. im having difficulty finding the best way to change gears.....

then if i lift off and plant it when it changes gear the wheels spin and i get major torque steer then the revs drop

due to the much larger profile on the non mivec cams it seems to struggle a bit due to being rich and ignition timing being off. but once mivec kicks in... wow. as mivec has only been increased a small amount.

So in basic terms you get an extra to 100km/h quicker by stalling to 2000rpm? That means your car spends 1.7 seconds to get from idle to 2000rpm. Surely going by that you can determine that measuring tool your using is wrong!

why are u so skeptical? it makes sense cos my car struggles a bit down low cos it needs a lot of timing put into it cos the non mivec cams are a lot more aggressive than stock so to the car moving makes sense.

that measuring tool im using is data straight from the ECU...

how could that be wrong? its information straight from the ecu that is then converrted in graphs using the emanage software.

no one else has done this to a fto so how do you or anyone on here know what its capable of?
spency
Mechanic

Post by spency »

+1 vandil.
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Valandis91 wrote:
payaya wrote:

why are you so skeptical? it makes sense cos my car struggles a bit down low cos it needs a lot of timing put into it cos the non mivec cams are a lot more aggressive than stock so to the car moving makes sense.

how could that be wrong? its information straight from the ecu that is then converrted in graphs using the emanage software.

no one else has done this to a fto so how do you or anyone on here know what its capable of?
Skeptical? I just find it hard to believe your car does 5.1 seconds to 0-100 in an auto and is shifting bad! That would put you in the 13's! Also your dyno result tends to go against you as well.

If you wan't me to believe you go to the strip and post your time slips. Even the turbo boys would be happy with your claimed 0-100 times.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

^^^^ agreed, I havent tested mine yet but I doubt I would be that fast.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Valandis91
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Valandis91 »

payaya wrote:
Valandis91 wrote:
payaya wrote:

why are you so skeptical? it makes sense cos my car struggles a bit down low cos it needs a lot of timing put into it cos the non mivec cams are a lot more aggressive than stock so to the car moving makes sense.

Skeptical? I just find it hard to believe your car does 5.1 seconds to 0-100 in an auto and is shifting bad! That would put you in the 13's! Also your dyno result tends to go against you as well.

If you wan't me to believe you go to the strip and post your time slips. Even the turbo boys would be happy with your claimed 0-100 times.

the time i did it in 5.2 secs was a really quick shift, like unexpectedly quick.

i will go to the drag strip eventually once it is tuned.

speaking of tuning....

THIS FRIDAY NIGHT FROM 6PM MY CAR WILL BE GETTING TUNED :D

its finally getting a full tune from GT Garage. Will finally be running the way it deserves and maybe the FPR might even be set not just an obstruction in the fuel line.

but im really looking forward to this.

will try and get a couple of vids on the dyno.

the sound this things makes is amazing.

i dont even listen to music much anymore ;)

fingers crossed we dont come across any errors and its all smooth :)
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

Sounds great make sure you get a figure i'd be really interested, having said that its a dyno so all those things vary. But i'd still be interested... If it does a low 14 someday when you get it right, i'd be savin up. :)
Storm
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Storm »

Lookin forward to readin the results after all the chatter theres been on here :lol:

Fingers crossed Val, you show them.
Life is short - Have an affair
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Good man 8)
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Hope you get some high numbers but not to high :lol:
Can't have you going past me :lol: JK.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Val, show em what that emanage can do mate :lol:

Fingers crossed all the issues are now sorted and you get a clean run on the dyno.