Turbo Kit

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO338
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by FTO338 »

Hmmm you left out the turbosmart blow back BOV. hehehhe I let you explain the advantage of it though heheheehehe :wink:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

As Kev mentioned there is a turbosmart plumback blow off valve which still makes some noise when the throttle is closed but nowhere near as much as other types so you dont get the unwanted attention from mr plod.This type of blow off valve also has the advantage of increasing turbo efficiency by expelling pressureised air and then feeding that air back to the front of the turbo which futher helps keep the turbo on boost,instead of being expelled into the engine bay :wink:
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

how come you are looking at selling it ?
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

There comes a time in every blokes life where he's required to do the family man thing. Ive just moved into my new house about 6 months ago and being a new house ive got heaps of stuff to pay for such as fences,gardens,paving etc.As much as i love my fto my house and looking after my family are the most important things in my life at the moment.Besides i do have another car to drive to work each day though i will miss the fto greatly,theres more to life than just cars. :cry:
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

theres more to life than just cars.
Keep telling yourself that. You might just believe it one day... :wink:

Seriously though, it is a shame when things have to come to end end. I don't think you will have any trouble selling your car though.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well Scracy, you know is not the car we going to miss, is the person. We (The Gang)should still catch up like the good old days ehhehe FISH & CHIPS hmmmmmmmmm so much memory :twisted:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
mrStumpy
Grease Monkey

Post by mrStumpy »

thanks heaps for that.

What sizes and prudct names of the various items:
Injector (extra fuel)
hks extra injector controller
hks boost controller
hks fuel cut defencer
garret t28bb turbo with an integral waste gate
engine oil cooler
transmission oil cooler
small intercooler
turbosmart plum back BOV

how fast do you accellerate on the road? Do you feel being pushed into the seat? :lol: :wink:
Have you dyno tested it?

When u selling?
And how much?

Cheers for all the info 8)
http://ftogpxfs.blogspot.com/
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Thanks for the kind sentiments guys i really appreciate it :lol: In response to mr stumpy the car has been dynod at 152kw at the wheels@7600rpm and does 0 to 100kph in around 5 seconds and yes when you accelerate it does put you into the back of your seat :wink:
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

While there are cars with wilder body kits or bigger turbos, as a complete package Scracy's car would have to be the best FTO in Australia.

Aside from the unique looks (body kit, altezza's, polished rims), and the top notch stereo, and the seats and the turbo, those who know Scracy will know how fastidious he is and how that translates to this probably being the best looked after car in Aus. as well.

This car drives like we would all like our FTO's to drive. Rather than feeling like a turbo, with lag and other issues, it feels like it simply has a much larger engine (e.g. 3.5L). It's so smooth to drive yet so powerful too.

If you were to buy a normal FTO, then do it up to be like Scracy's I reckon you'd have to spend about another $20-25K on top of the purchase price of the car. But even then I doubt the turbo would be as good nor would the car have been looked after as well.

Based on that, you do the maths, but I reckon if this car sells for $30K or less it would be an absolute bargain.
MIVEC is My Friend :D
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

For all of u that didnt know, Ruchi is Scracy's car salesman :lol:

Ruchi, when im selling my car can u give it props as well!?! :lol:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well you know if its good, it sale itself :wink: So if you try do a "speech" on it, it would just over sale it, & might turn potential buyer away thinking "why this guy try to push this to my face"

But mil you seen scracy's car, you got to admit, is the best overall (performance, look & I.C.E) FTO in Australia. :D
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

yeah, no doubt his car is overall the best FTO that ive seen in AUS. A lot of money and effort has been spent on that car. It a shame that he has to sell it. :(

I just find it funny how Ruchi always raves on about it :lol: :wink:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well mil set up a new post in the General & ask him, i'm sure u get lots of interesting input from different members ehehheehe :twisted: