Brisbane FTO Southsiders Run?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

silverGPX
9.5"
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Brisbane FTO Southsiders Run?

Post by silverGPX »

tamborine is a bit far for us toowoomba people.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Chiinkstarrh wrote:Final destination would be mt tamborine I should say? & whats up Kustom_FTO? since we live close,lets just cruise together to meet the others . how you reckon?
Yeah sure mate, when we organize it, just pop over to my place and we will go from there!
FTO84 wrote:Alrighty, June 6th looks likes it's a go-er.

My draft suggestion, to avoid the relative boredom of all driving to our 'central' mtg place separately, is to have 3 mini group Meets:

Northsiders: North lakes shopping centre? (Not a northsider - so suggest otherwise if it's a bad idea)
Central: Milton Maccas
Southsiders: Springwood Maccas ( :?: - once again suggest otherwise if a bad idea)

We can all then head to our main mtg point of (I'd suggest Wivenhoe or Esk?) by around 11am - then we can head to....... :?:

how many heads do we have coming from 'Woomba? (ie. should we also have a west group?)

This is a working copy, as I'm green to this, [constructive :P] input appreciated. We gunna BBQ it at some point, do we need a foodlist as well? :lol:
Okay, 6th of June is booked in! Letting work know tomorrow when I go in.

Id prefer not Springwood maccas as my car is preety low atm, same with Simons so yeah, if someone else knows a place nearby would be sweeeeet.
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Fto'n chick

Post by Fto'n chick »

Just a suggestion..maybe at some stage if possible make a list of the expected cars at each of the 1st meets so people won't get left behind??
Also I can go for a drive on one of my days off and look around for another place for the southsiders if that's cool?? It'll give me something constructive to do!!
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Fto'n chick wrote:Just a suggestion..maybe at some stage if possible make a list of the expected cars at each of the 1st meets so people won't get left behind??
Also I can go for a drive on one of my days off and look around for another place for the southsiders if that's cool?? It'll give me something constructive to do!!
Wahaha. Sounds good. :)
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

so...

6th of June is locked in.
silverGPX does have a point... so any objections to mt Nebo/Glorious?

as for meeting up... locally, at whatever time each area work it out to be, but meet up close to mt Nebo/Glorious at 10:30-11am?
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

mt tamborine is on the other side of the world to mt glorious & somerset dam etc..
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

mr-charisma wrote:mt tamborine is on the other side of the world to mt glorious & somerset dam etc..
yeah i know, that's why I asked if anyone has any objections to glorious/nebo.

(I'm assuming that you read my post wrong... um... sorry and correct me if i read yours wrong? lol)
kiz wrote:
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Nah yang, Was replying to chiinkstar about end location being my tambo.. The southern side of the mountain is no good for super low cars either..

Sausage sizzle lunch? I cN being the snags.. Also, going on a run on Sunday to map out a route so we don't find ourselves on a dirt road, or the "goat track" on mt nebo
Chiinkstarrh
Mechanic

Post by Chiinkstarrh »

FTO84 wrote:Alrighty, June 6th looks likes it's a go-er.

My draft suggestion, to avoid the relative boredom of all driving to our 'central' mtg place separately, is to have 3 mini group Meets:

Northsiders: North lakes shopping centre? (Not a northsider - so suggest otherwise if it's a bad idea)
Central: Milton Maccas
Southsiders: Springwood Maccas ( :?: - once again suggest otherwise if a bad idea)

We can all then head to our main mtg point of (I'd suggest Wivenhoe or Esk?) by around 11am - then we can head to....... :?:

how many heads do we have coming from 'Woomba? (ie. should we also have a west group?)

This is a working copy, as I'm green to this, [constructive :P] input appreciated. We gunna BBQ it at some point, do we need a foodlist as well? :lol:

orightyy imm on the southside & springwood maccas would be good.

so how many southsiders are going?

&& please everyone ! post on saying which side u are on if your going or maybe.
so we can count the numbers and can make a roll call for each of the mini meets on the day, leave contact number so we dont miss out on anyone thats late on arrival

Chiinkstarrh - 0401392616 southsider
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

i'm going.
but as kustom_fto said, springwood maccas might be a problem for low cars (doesn't bother me because i'm not lowered but..), should be try to find another location?
kiz wrote:
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

just lowered my car, its low as f**k now, 6cm off the ground at lowest point hahaha. Now i have to learn the art of manoevering. :p
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

silverGPX wrote:just lowered my car, its low as f**k now, 6cm off the ground at lowest point hahaha. Now i have to learn the art of manoevering. :p
:lol:

Don't say I didn't warn you, Matt! Enjoying the added stiffness?
Fto'n chick

Post by Fto'n chick »

Southsider-0448826372

was going to look for another location on my day off...was thinking of super amart on opposite side but there's speed bumps so how well do the lowered cars go over speed bumps?? Still will look For another spot though.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

speed humps are fine
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Chiinkstarrh
Mechanic

Post by Chiinkstarrh »

southsiders worrying about their car being low , new meeting point sunnybank Maccas! no speed bumps no nothing!
ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy »

Hey guys, looking to head down to Sydney on the 22nd-23rd and with some luck, be able to buy a good FTO and drive back to Brissie. I live southside, about 5 minutes from the Sunnybank Maccas, is it ok for me and my gf to join in? Would be great to meet some other owners!
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

ThatGuy wrote:Hey guys, looking to head down to Sydney on the 22nd-23rd and with some luck, be able to buy a good FTO and drive back to Brissie. I live southside, about 5 minutes from the Sunnybank Maccas, is it ok for me and my gf to join in? Would be great to meet some other owners!

Yeah mate for sure! More the better! WTTC and goodluck with the buy!!
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

so sunnybank maccas then?
it's great for me since i'm just down the rd as well lol
kiz wrote:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Arent there fkn heaps of cops at sunnybank macca's???
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Haha living in toowoomba i have no idea where all of these places you are talking about are