**POSTPONED** Mt Dandenongs Charity Fundraiser Cruise + BBQ

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Would you like to attend?

Yes, i'm soooo there!! I'd like to contribute to a good cause
88%
No, i'm a tightarse and i will come up with some lame excuse later...
12%

Total votes: 17

GPXXX
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by GPXXX »

ooops, sorry my bad... Yes i meant 31st July (Saturday).

Thanks for clearing that up... :D

Also, I would much appreciate it if y'all could spread the word around and advise the others...

*note to self - no more vodkas* :P
Black_FTOGPX
Mechanic

Post by Black_FTOGPX »

Should ask Steve if he can put it on the home page
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

This has already been done - just waiting for Steve to post it up on the front page.
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

oh man :cry:
jester
Grease Monkey

Post by jester »

Second that Ethan! :(

Got the day off work and everything !

damn.
Trish
Apprentice

Post by Trish »

Slither wrote:oh man :cry:
And Im flying down from Sydney for it... oh well, too late to change my flights so hope I still get to see some of you while I'm there...
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

mad... 2 days after i get my licence back... and 1 day before my b'day! i'll try to make it to this one......
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Somebody shoot the weatherman... not a rain drop in sight! :evil: Would've been good weather for a meet... bugger! :?
MIVEC is My Friend :D
msbchi
Grease Monkey

SHOOT THE WEATHERMAN

Post by msbchi »

you mean to tell me you have lived here for how long! and you still believe in the weatherman, and besides all our weather predictions are broardcst from Sydney and they could never addmit Melb weather is better than thiers, even for one day.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

perfect example of melbourne weather :roll:

hopefully it will be sunny in 2 weeks time! :?

I think we should stop looking at the weather reports and just try to predict the weather the old fashioned way :wink:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

FTOluv wrote:I think we should stop looking at the weather reports and just try to predict the weather the old fashioned way :wink:
*goes to garage and gets elderly rooster, sheep stomach and hexing stick out of the toolbox*
LED ALL the things.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

hexing stick!! LOL! :lol:
thats the word i was actually looking for!!! :lol:
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Gotta work on the 31st so i can't make it :evil:

Thats gotta suck :x
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

kekeek its a stupid question but..... here goes....

is it only for FTO's because my friends would really like to come along with their hondas....
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

i was gonna ask that qeustion too lol
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

same here as well, is this a FTO only cruise?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Do I have a story for you boys, so no matter what happen none of you will be suprise later.

On the Geelong/Torquay/Sorrento cruize, i got two of my friends to came along, they both are FTO enthusiast.

Even thought one own a SW20 MR2 turbo, & the other had a Series 6 Rx7 they both help me & few other FTO owners to modify our beloved FTO. So I decided to ask them to come along to the cruize after lots of members agree to have "other" cars to come along, as long as they are FTO enthusiast, & want to know more about FTO.

Things were ok, until when one member said the MR2 is an "eye sore" as he taking photos at the loading bay carpark, & also said that the "out sider" are just here to show off their turbo. To me, being boys always be boys, its only natural to drag some of our finest member's car (Scracy turbo FTO, and Eric's MADFTO). And they only did it like twice, so i don't see a big deal.

At the end of the day, my friends thought it was a great day, & they really love the turbo FTO, & respected even how the standard FTO handle at high speed cornering. But i just can't stand the bitching of one member who is just the biggest hypocrite, who said welcome anyone as long as he/she is a FTO enthusiast on the forum & then do another in real life.

So let this be a warning, if you want your friends to come along, i think most members would be more then welcome (99%), but just be aware there'll be lots of bitching behind your back.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

if some people bitch about it, well i feel sorry for them...
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

You might want to run it by our VIC Co-ordinator first...
GPXXX wrote:This is an independant fundraising event organised by FTO Australia itself and if you can appreciate, only FTOs owners are invited to the meet.

It's like being on a Honda or Skyline Australia cruise - you don't really see a HSV Commodore joining the party, right?

I hope ppl understand that we are trying to control the amount and type of crowd that tags along to our cruises / events because we do not want 'hoons' making a bad scene for us by having something to prove about their in their "full-sick ride bro..."
Personally, I don't have an issue with it, as long as they realise that it is primarily a FTO cruise, but it raises the question of where do you draw the line so that it doesn't become an open cruise? :wink:

You may also find with the launching of the club and with it becoming an official body that there could be some legal issues associated with this too. :roll:
MIVEC is My Friend :D
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

ruchi wrote: You may also find with the launching of the club and with it becoming an official body that there could be some legal issues associated with this too. :roll:

all cruise participates are required to sign waiver forms regardless of whether they own a FTO or not, are a finanical member or not.

Basically what is says is you listend to the precruise briefing, understand the weather and road conditions (which are part of the briefing) and accept that all your actions are your responsibility and that the club and its event organisers can not be held responsible for your actions (or another cruisers actions) during the event.