**POSTPONED** Mt Dandenongs Charity Fundraiser Cruise + BBQ

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Would you like to attend?

Yes, i'm soooo there!! I'd like to contribute to a good cause
88%
No, i'm a tightarse and i will come up with some lame excuse later...
12%

Total votes: 17

GPXXX
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

**POSTPONED** Mt Dandenongs Charity Fundraiser Cruise + BBQ

Post by GPXXX »

It's been several months since our last charity fundraiser event so yes it's time for another BBQ cruise!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 17th July 2004
Events: FTO Cruise & Charity Fundraiser BBQ for the Royal Children's Hospital
Cost: $2 per sausage or burger pattie incl unlimited drinks (charity donations not incld)

Pre-meet:
Eastern Meet: 10:30am @ Pancake Parlour, Doncaster Rd (Next to Porchetta)

Western Meet: 10:00am @ Sunshine Megaplex (Opposite Petrol Plus), departing at 10:30am

We will meet up with the rest of the crew at the Pancake Parlour carpark around 11am then head towards Mt Dandy at about 11:30am.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We managed to raise about $85 from our previous fundraiser event which is a great effort. However we aim to raise about $500 towards the end of the year so please dig deep down your pockets for the kids!

As always there will be plenty of good food and good company, all in the name of a good cause! ;)

There will be some challenging drives along the way, so usual rules apply - no reckless driving, burnouts or heros with something to prove.

We look forward to meeting you all again, and this will also be an excellent opportunity for new members to attend and meet n' greet the regulars.

See you there!! :D
Last edited by GPXXX on Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

2 days before my birthday, wicked timing!!

i'll definately b there!!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

yep, this BBQ will also be in honour of your mateship, buddy... ;):D
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

will there be any entertainment? (will you be drinking) :twisted:
MIVEC is My Friend :D
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

not that im complaining but how come i seem to b gettin all the respect? Didn't adam win that in the navigation course? Oh well i'll take it while i can get it!!! Thanks mate!!
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hahhahah i don't think we can push the limit at Mt Dandy!!!!

Mikey your turbo would b done by then yeah. I hope my so-called "upgrade" would be done by then. Ready for 2nd round heheehehe
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Ethan mate, you will always have my respect - anybody willing to go through what Ethan did for me will have the respect that they deserve... ;)

Kev, bring it on mate - BRING IT ON... :twisted:
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Don't worry i got ya back man!! (and your sink..... :wink: )
rxboy
Mechanic

Re: 17th July - Mt Dandenongs BBQ + Charity Fundraiser Cruis

Post by rxboy »

GPXXX wrote:Pre-meet: details will be announced shortly, but to be fair for our westside members, this time it will be held on the western side of Melbourne.
Although this sounds very fair, it's not really logical cos the Dandenongs are in the south east. If we were going to Ballarat or the Grampians, then it would be ok.

So is this definitely set for Sat the 17th?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

definitely the 17th, yes... We will prob meet somewhere inner west to minimise the amount of driving for the journey, perhaps like Flemington or Lonely Planet... Mt Dandy is not as far as you think, should be less than an hour if all goes well... :roll:
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

im in, promised mike that i wont bring Vodka this time but Scotch instead! :lol:
and yes Mikey has turned into an official pimp! :wink: he knows what i mean :D
Alex is right, theres not point having the pre meet in the western suburbs if all the eastern peeps have to go there and come back again.
With the pre meet, we should always have it in a logical place.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

We will see how many members from the westside will be attending. We may end up having a central meet at Albert Park again, depending on numbers. At this stage a pre-meet in the west is only a tentative decision - stay tuned.
MADFTO
Mechanic

Post by MADFTO »

Hopefully this doesn't cross dates with my Kendo Training camp . . .

*crosses fingers*

Have to check tomorrow =)
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

I don't mind driving out to the west and back again, i mean it's only fair to the members that live out there and always meet in the east, besides it's a cruise!!! :lol:
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

FTOluv wrote:Alex is right, theres not point having the pre meet in the western suburbs if all the eastern peeps have to go there and come back again.
With the pre meet, we should always have it in a logical place.
It seems to me that this "logic" is based on travel time / distance, whereas I believe the more important factor is getting as many people participating as we can. While it might be great for those who live in the east (such as myself) to not have to travel as far, the event is never as good when we are missing people from other areas and the numbers are lower.

Personally, I value the friendships of those members who live in the west and the more regional areas and would be happy to inconvenience myself to catch up with them, even if this means I have to drive further or spend more time doing so. Quite simply, friendships are worth more than kilometers. :wink:

The destination where the event is being held is not the important factor, let's face it, you can go there any time you like. What is important is catching up with your friends and having a good time. One of the most enjoyable things is to be part of a convey of FTO's with other drivers and pedestrians turning and looking. Personally, I'd rather have a longer cruise with more friends than a shorter one with less friends, even if this means I'm backtracking from the east-to-west-to-east again.

I believe a central location is the most neutral and inconveniences both the east and west sides about the same. Sometimes events are in the east and sometimes they are in the west. A central location also works very well for those people that only have time to catch up at the pre-meet and are unable to attend the actual event. So far Albert Park has worked the best for this (outside the F1 pits).

The other alternative would be to have a "west" meeting point and an "east" meeting point that we use on a regular basis. This way if the event is in the east, all the people in the west can meet at their point and then have a mini-cruise to the "east" meeting point where we'll be waiting. Then we can all travel together to the actual event. Obviously this would also work the reverse way if the event was in the west.

I've been to every mini-meet and cruise since I joined the club last year and have seen events with over 20 cars and those with less than 10. From past experience it seems the distance to the meeting point is a more critical factor than the distance to the event. Lets not forget that it can be a long and lonely drive when the event is on the other side of town and you are driving there by yourself. It's much more enjoyable to catch up with people first and travel together.

...just my 3 cents
MIVEC is My Friend :D
mrdj1234
Grease Monkey

Post by mrdj1234 »

poo :( can't make a saturday cruise :(

would have liked to, sort of make up for missing mallacoota :(
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Ruchi wasn't that pretty much what i said just in 25 lines not 2?? :wink:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

ruchi wrote:I've been to every mini-meet and cruise since I joined the club last year and have seen events with over 20 cars and those with less than 10. From past experience it seems the distance to the meeting point is a more critical factor than the distance to the event. Lets not forget that it can be a long and lonely drive when the event is on the other side of town and you are driving there by yourself. It's much more enjoyable to catch up with people first and travel together.

...just my 3 cents
heheehehe well i guess u miss out on the cruize that was only have 3 FTO, which funny enough it had the "Full range" Turbo, GPX & GR

Yep thats right it was Scracy, Me & Will. Fish & Chips brings back so much memeory :twisted:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
NimZ
Apprentice

Post by NimZ »

you can have the meet in the east if you want, promise I won't complain, just don't make it too early.
:D
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Eric, think about the twisties, hehehe... :twisted: now think about the possible pain you have to endure through the weekend at kendo camp... I'm sure you know which you would rather prefer... (unless you love pain) ;)